Transferring Wii VC games to Wii U?

wugenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
So I am thinking of picking up a Wii U but heard you can only transfer what is on the Wii`s internal memory. Problem is I have an SD card with stuff downloaded because I went over the wii`s internal memory eons ago. Is there a way for me to transfer the games I downloaded to the SD card?

I heard some people say it transfers the license and it allows you to download anything you bought onto the Wii u. Is this true?

Thanks for your help! Sorry if this was stressed already!

Almost everything transfers over. Stuff like certain Channels don't. Lost Winds doesn't either, but the license transfers...somehow.

And yes, it transfers the game licenses from the Wii Shop Channel to you Wii U, but keep in mind that those games, including your Wii retail games will only run in Wii mode.

[quote name='KingBroly']Almost everything transfers over. Stuff like certain Channels don't. Lost Winds doesn't either, but the license transfers...somehow.

And yes, it transfers the game licenses from the Wii Shop Channel to you Wii U, but keep in mind that those games, including your Wii retail games will only run in Wii mode.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks! Its OK that they are in Wii mode. I just want to make sure I do t lose anything I bought. I dont have lost winds. Sucks about my brawl data though. But maybe it will give me a reason to play brawl again and unlock everything....again.

[quote name='Blaster man']Question, if you upgrade to the Wii U vc version, do you keep your Wii VC copy as well?[/QUOTE]

They will both be on the same console so I'm not sure why you'd want both.

[quote name='ZForce915']They will both be on the same console so I'm not sure why you'd want both.[/QUOTE]

Just thinking ahead. It would imply that I could move my Wii U VC license to Wii U2 in 5-6 years and keep the Wii VC copy on the Wii U. Do I own both licenses or do I forfeit my Wii VC license by upgrading it?

Another question, I have a ton of VC stuff from Club Nintendo. More than can fit on the Wii internal memory. I read you can only transfer over stuff that's on internal memory. How do you get stuff that's already stored on the sd card to the Wii U?

bread's done
Back