Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray) - $29.99 - Amazon

Man this really is making me conflicted now. It happens to be in my daily deals for $28.49. Is the Lannister slip cover worth the $10 difference after tax plus the gas and time it will take me to go to Best Buy?

[quote name='LordVila']Man this really is making me conflicted now. It happens to be in my daily deals for $28.49. Is the Lannister slip cover worth the $10 difference after tax plus the gas and time it will take me to go to Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

In my daily deals as well. I'm conflicted.

Sweet, I ordered when they dropped it to $34.99 figuring it was over $10 gas(37 miles one way from here) & I'd have to pay 8% tax to get it at Target, so it wasn't worth it going there. Since Amazon matched, best of both worlds for me. :D

I wonder if BB would price match this??? But I guess because it's a bb exclusive with the different slip covers they wont smdh.... Urgggg decisions, decisions & also most likely they will come out with a GOT S2 special edition like they did with the 1st one... I would love to get it to add to my bb pts...

[quote name='MrBoss']You guys willing to pay $10 more for a slipcover? o_O[/QUOTE]
I did because 1) I have the season 1 Targaryen cover so want to keep it going now and 2) I don't really like how Amazon is only reactive with deals like this. Yeah they pm and that's great but I wish they'd have a sale of their own sometimes.

Why are people talking about spending more at Best Buy for the slip cover when you can easily price match Amazon or Target?

[quote name='mpaullin']Why are people talking about spending more at Best Buy for the slip cover when you can easily price match Amazon or Target?[/QUOTE]

They could easily deny the price match since the slip cover is technically a different version.

[quote name='LordVila']They could easily deny the price match since the slip cover is technically a different version.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy would do something like that, too.

Screw it, I'm just getting it at Target with the bonus disc. I'm in PA so Amazon charges tax just as Target would. I'll take the bonus disc for the same price.

I ordered mine around 2AM, got shipped today by Amazon even though shipping estimate was for tomorrow. I guess they put people working on preorders on holidays? I appreciate it Amazon :)

[quote name='bfett9']Heads up is costs more but amaozn uk has an extra bonus disc.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Throne...82FM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361222051&sr=8-4[/QUOTE]
Too much $56 USD IMO for getting just a bonus disc instead of $30 at target with what I assume is prob going to be the same disc.
[quote name='bfett9']Also season 1 and 2 set
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Thrones-Season-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B007V3OY0G/ref=pd_cp_d_h__3[/QUOTE]
Those are basically $73 and it's only 10 discs, so I'm assuming only the blu-rays, no dvd, no digital copy and no extras. You pay around the same if you buy them separate in US and get all the goodies, dvd, and digital copies.

Still debating if its worth it to keep my Lannister copy of pick up one off Amazon for $2.xx out of pocket. I just know I'll have other items I can use my Amazon credit on soon...ugh

I don't see many Best Buy stores turning down a price match over an exclusive slipcover...I mean, if they do, then speak with your wallet and order on Amazon...

Besides, if you're after exclusive slipcovers, then I'm betting you're going to double-dip when a complete series boxed set hits anyways...

Argggg, I can't decide between the target edition and Lannister cover. It dosent make it any easier either that target and best buy r right next to each other on my way home from work. Decisions, decisions. I was not into blu rays as much a year ago and just bought season 1 on DVD but if I buy the Lannister cover I know I'm going to end up paying to much for a Stark edition on eBay. I'm for sure only buying blu rays for now on tho.

I can't decide if I want to get this now or not. I haven't seen any of the series and have been waiting to get the BRD/DVD combo of S1 for $29.99 or less. If I get it now, I will be tempted to just get S1 now for $45. But if I sleep on this, by the time I get S1 for the price I want this will be $49.99 everywhere or something like that.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Argggg, I can't decide between the target edition and Lannister cover. It dosent make it any easier either that target and best buy r right next to each other on my way home from work. Decisions, decisions. I was not into blu rays as much a year ago and just bought season 1 on DVD but if I buy the Lannister cover I know I'm going to end up paying to much for a Stark edition on eBay. I'm for sure only buying blu rays for now on tho.[/QUOTE]

exact same dilemma here, exact. my stores are connected as well

I think I'm going with the target edition... I got a gift card there and I need to pick up a couple small things. Plus I need to save every penny I can cause I'm hopping on an airplane Thursday night for vacation.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Season one is $36.99 at target this week.[/QUOTE]Thanks, but unless I am missing something, it looks like the only version at that price is the BR version. I need the BR/DVD pack because when I get back overseas in a week, I can watch some episodes on my computer at work (DVD drives in our computers).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Got billed $34.99 instead of $29.99 on my Amazon pre-order. Sent them an e-mail to see if I can get the $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Got that $5 back. Not worried about the Fry's price as I never order from them and don't have any locally. If they match is automatically, great. If not, no worries.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Thanks, but unless I am missing something, it looks like the only version at that price is the BR version. I need the BR/DVD pack because when I get back overseas in a week, I can watch some episodes on my computer at work (DVD drives in our computers).[/QUOTE]

Ill try to remember to scan it later but I think only the first run of season one was the blu ray only with the busch head and all the stores have now is the combo back I wont be able to post and let u know for sure tho until 6:00 p.m. central tho.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Thanks, but unless I am missing something, it looks like the only version at that price is the BR version. I need the BR/DVD pack because when I get back overseas in a week, I can watch some episodes on my computer at work (DVD drives in our computers).[/QUOTE]

You know I kept thinking "why do they bundle br and dvd, who is that for?" The thought of an older computer, or like a portable dvd player never crossed my mind. Now I understand!

[quote name='DerClaw']You know I kept thinking "why do they bundle br and dvd, who is that for?" The thought of an older computer, or like a portable dvd player never crossed my mind. Now I understand![/QUOTE]

Also useful for people who loan things to family and friends who don't have BR players. Or who have multiple TVs and some only with DVD etc.

[quote name='DerClaw']You know I kept thinking "why do they bundle br and dvd, who is that for?" The thought of an older computer, or like a portable dvd player never crossed my mind. Now I understand![/QUOTE]
I have several tv shows that Came as combo packs and I like it because of the reason I posted. I work 12-hour shifts from 7pm-7am and can burn through a couple episodes there in DVD, then get home and continue watching a couple on BR before going to sleep. I prefer to have Blu Rays over DVD, but if one comes with a DVD copy also, I won't complain.

Best Buys seems to have matched this. Stopped to pick it up after work and they had the Lannister and Greyjoy editions for $34.99, but the regular cover edition for $29.99.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Ill try to remember to scan it later but I think only the first run of season one was the blu ray only with the busch head and all the stores have now is the combo back I wont be able to post and let u know for sure tho until 6:00 p.m. central tho.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it is the combo pack of season one at target for $36.99. Picked up my exclusive target edition of season 2 with the bonus disc. Going to be awhile before I get to it tho. I'm rewatching season one with just 3 episodes left then I'm leaving on vacation and going to wait till I get back to start season 2.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I can confirm it is the combo pack of season one at target for $36.99. Picked up my exclusive target edition of season 2 with the bonus disc. Going to be awhile before I get to it tho. I'm rewatching season one with just 3 episodes left then I'm leaving on vacation and going to wait till I get back to start season 2.[/QUOTE]

It is the same with the WM extra disc as well. Same a last year, don't see why they would change it.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I can confirm it is the combo pack of season one at target for $36.99. Picked up my exclusive target edition of season 2 with the bonus disc. Going to be awhile before I get to it tho. I'm rewatching season one with just 3 episodes left then I'm leaving on vacation and going to wait till I get back to start season 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I might make the hour drive to a Target tomorrow.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Thanks. I might make the hour drive to a Target tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Maybe call and make sure they have it in stock still. My target only had one left at the front of the store and rain check tags for it back in the electronics section.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Maybe call and make sure they have it in stock still. My target only had one left at the front of the store and rain check tags for it back in the electronics section.[/QUOTE]

Nice heads up. That would have been an annoyance if I got there and they were OOS. I think there are two store in the city that I can check.

[quote name='Charlie Dynamite']got BB to price match Frys.com price on the Lannister cover ;)[/QUOTE]

Man I wish there were Frys stores near me so I could do the same thing!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Got that $5 back. Not worried about the Fry's price as I never order from them and don't have any locally. If they match is automatically, great. If not, no worries.[/QUOTE]

Ended up getting another $5. First from e-mailing to request adjustment since they charged $34.95 at shipping when their price had dropped to $29.99 to match Target.

Then got an automated price match guarantee e-mail about the same refund, and sure enough, two $5 refunds on the credit card statement. :D

Fine by me since a lot of people got it for $24.99 by matching the Fry's price mistake that I didn't bother trying for.

[quote name='cbulas1']Man I wish there were Frys stores near me so I could do the same thing![/QUOTE]

technically, frys is also an online merchant and BB is price matching reputable online vendors. I work at BB and PM frys every so often.

I went ahead and spent the cash on both the LE BB versions and the LE Target versions. I love everything GoT. Everyone always looks at my GoT tattoo and knows I am a freak about it.

bread's done
Back