(update:OOS again) Fire Emblem Awakening In Stock @ Gamestop.com

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Don't trust them. Might be gutted copies. I rarely order from them online.[/QUOTE]

The game wouldn't have been even able to be sent back to the warehouse gutted as they're selling out anywhere. Even so, I'm pretty sure they can't sell you a gutted copy via the web.

They can, and have. Many many many times.

You may be right about this particular game, but they sell gutted copies from their site all the time.

I never ordered a new 3DS game from Gamestop website. I do Hate that gamestop give gutted copies of games that are new but for a title like this that is becoming "rare" pre say this would probably be the only time i could accept that.

Check out Target if you have one in your area and don't want to mess with Gamestop. I got Fire Emblem from there the other day.

Saver shipping, if they sell gutted return it, no shipping cost, and SERIOUSLY... stop the GS hate, those are peoples job's, dont wish companies to close... and if you want to get it, then here's a chance!

[quote name='Auburn']The game wouldn't have been even able to be sent back to the warehouse gutted as they're selling out anywhere. Even so, I'm pretty sure they can't sell you a gutted copy via the web.[/QUOTE]

Errr, they can, but I agree that in this case the likelyhood of that are nil. This is pretty much a case of "hate Gamestop at all costs."

That said, for all you haters out there, it is showing up as in stock in over 50% of the Best Buys and nearly as many Targets around me, if not in stock in either of their online stores. I think everyone got another shipment and the more frequented stores have sold out, though in a week will likely all be replenished. I'm thinking this is no longer a terribly rare item.

[quote name='Killbomb']Check out Target if you have one in your area and don't want to mess with Gamestop. I got Fire Emblem from there the other day.[/QUOTE]

I got mine at target the day after it came out. I have been looking around for a friend often that is how i came across this deal. However There isn't a single story in my area within 50 miles radius that has it in stock.

[quote name='Auburn']The game wouldn't have been even able to be sent back to the warehouse gutted as they're selling out anywhere. Even so, I'm pretty sure they can't sell you a gutted copy via the web.[/QUOTE]

They have for me in the past

Were these gutted games older titles? I guess I could see this happening for some more niche games that don't sell often at the store level and are recalled back to the warehouse.

Kind of tempting, but I'm going to wait for either my local Gamestop or Amazon to have it so I don't have to pay for shipping. Surely they'll have it within the week.

I remember the biggest upset with gutted titles was Xenoblade Chronicles. When Gamestop had those new in stock they was shipping out their gutted titles.

[quote name='Coltin']Kind of tempting, but I'm going to wait for either my local Gamestop or Amazon to have it so I don't have to pay for shipping. Surely they'll have it within the week.[/QUOTE]

Enter code SAVER

[quote name='Auburn']Were these gutted games older titles? I guess I could see this happening for some more niche games that don't sell often at the store level and are recalled back to the warehouse.[/QUOTE]

The one and only time I order yes it was an old game.

[quote name='pvtpyle']All of the Best Buys around me show stock. Is it really rare right now?[/QUOTE]

It was extremely hard to find for the first 2 weeks of launch. Im guessing That they are shipping out more copies to stores. I just checked my best buy in my area and they have it in stock also, however they didn't have any in stock yesterday when i was looking for it.

[quote name='pvtpyle']All of the Best Buys around me show stock. Is it really rare right now?[/QUOTE]

the past few fire emblem games eventually did go out of stock. so it will probably be stock for a time and then vanish. how long that takes i have no idea but it does happen to these games because its nintendo and everything not named zelda, mario or metroid goes OOS way way too soon

[quote name='kayne2000']the past few fire emblem games eventually did go out of stock. so it will probably be stock for a time and then vanish. how long that takes i have no idea but it does happen to these games because its nintendo and everything not named zelda, mario or metroid goes OOS way way too soon[/QUOTE]

agreed with this. i have noticed that fire emblem games tend to just OOS. saw that best buy received their copies earlier and immediately set an order for in-store pick up. :bouncy:

i've been buying them on amazon and they've been shipping them in around 5 days.. even though it says out of stock they ship them pretty fast. I've gotten 3 different orders already placed on different days.

[quote name='LegendGary']It was extremely hard to find for the first 2 weeks of launch. Im guessing That they are shipping out more copies to stores. I just checked my best buy in my area and they have it in stock also, however they didn't have any in stock yesterday when i was looking for it.[/QUOTE]

my bestbuy keeps them in the back. I was there and they didn't have them out but it said available online. I asked and they gave me one.. but they kept the rest iin the back.

[quote name='slidecage']game was very short and if you made the right people it was busted[/QUOTE]

The perennial troll appears ... =-p

Yeah im starting to notice that they are coming up in stock in stores. As couple days ago they didnt have them anywhere so im guessing that all these stores are getting their shipment around the same time. I didn't expect to see large shipment of this game to different retailers. I thought it was going to stay hard to find, however i might become hard to find later on as time goes by.

So are we gonna have a thread every time FE comes into stock?

Just saying cause this game isn't going to be rare or anything. Just having supply issues ATM. This is a Nintendo title, do you really think they would limit its release?

If we can have just one dedicated thread that would be fine with me.

Spoke with someone at Gamestop and they only received 5 copies of the game and won't be getting anymore until end of the month. Not sure if Nintendo is trying to push digital download with the lack of physical copies and the bundle only has the digital copy pre-installed.

[quote name='Hemi']Saver shipping, if they sell gutted return it, no shipping cost, and SERIOUSLY... stop the GS hate, those are peoples job's, dont wish companies to close... and if you want to get it, then here's a chance![/QUOTE]

i absolutely hate this mindset. in this country, if youre a bad business, then you should fail. GS's business practices have been just short of criminal, and they havent innovated one bit in years, refusing to keep up with the rest of the world. their prices are rarely competitive. they are a (bad) business, not a charity. if theyre not going to move the industry forward, someone else will step in.

and when one big business fails. a bunch of little ones emerge. this is a good thing. defending a company merely so jobs can be kept is so dangerous i dont even know where to begin. any economist would laugh in your face.. get your welfare way of thinking out of here. would you defend enron too? "why want them to close down?! people will lose jobs! jobs!"

[quote name='fac ownage']i absolutely hate this mindset. in this country, if youre a bad business, then you should fail. GS's business practices have been just short of criminal, and they havent innovated one bit in years, refusing to keep up with the rest of the world. their prices are rarely competitive. they are a (bad) business, not a charity. if theyre not going to move the industry forward, someone else will step in.

and when one big business fails. a bunch of little ones emerge. this is a good thing. defending a company merely so jobs can be kept is so dangerous i dont even know where to begin. any economist would laugh in your face.. get your welfare way of thinking out of here. would you defend enron too? "why want them to close down?! people will lose jobs! jobs!"[/QUOTE]

one part where you are wrong is in the any economist would say this which is sadly not true as a large chunk of the media promotes this idea and they have their economist agree with them.

although i otherwise i agree 100%. that said gamestop is largely responsible for gaming stores becoming a thing and going so mainstream.

[quote name='etcrane']The perennial troll appears ... =-p[/QUOTE]

just saying it was a fun game until you made up that person i mean even the final boss was taken down in 2 rounds.

could easy see putting 100 hours into the game if someone wanted to get all of the children but the 22 hours i put into it was good enough for me

[quote name='Edzo04']id rather pay ebay 60 dollars than buy from gamestop[/QUOTE]

I used to feel that way before I realized almost everyone on ebay was worse, people that buy 10 collectors editions and then part them out, resellers that don't care about games, they just buy all the games they can and then try to flip them for 200%-300% profit, people will charge $100+ for a game that has fallen into obscurity, not because they need the money, or because that's the games actual worth, but just because they can. If you look at all that and still say Gamestop is somehow worse than 90% of those fuck's you're lying to yourself.

Went today. I thought it was a 3DS XL. The collector of me probably should have bought it, but I couldn't spend $200 for a regular 3DS.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']this shortage is 100% because of nintendo wanting to push digital games[/QUOTE]

Really? You have any proof of this? Cause I keep hearing people pulling this out of their ass.

It doesn't do well here so its not a shock they didn't print many.

[quote name='Deader2818']Really? You have any proof of this? Cause I keep hearing people pulling this out of their ass.

It doesn't do well here so its not a shock they didn't print many.[/QUOTE]

exactly its more than likely because nintendo likes to low print anything not named mario,zelda or metroid. fire emblem games in the US usually just up and go OOP at some random point in the future. the wii one did, the GC one did, im sure the DS one has too by now, i know a GBA did.

why nintendo does this ill never know. why they cant be like microsoft and just print as many copies as people want ill never know.

but then again when you sit on games like fire emblem and xenoblade that could sell millions and fail to advertise the hell out of them of course they dont sell.

the only reason i know about fire emblem is cause i randomly blind bought the GC one and got hooked and since then have had to actually google and search out info on new games in the series.

I keep waiting for them to get a used copy in so i can steal the case/manual and return just the cart.

Stupid 3DS bundle and its lack of any kinda of physical game copy!

Thanks OP, but I rather don't buy the game at all if it is sold at Gamestop only :/ You guys post that walmart and BB are selling copies now, I'll check tomorrow! Thanks for the info.

im gonna check target today, it shows limited stock. cant break down and get it from gamestop, was checking out at bestbuy.com and it went no shipping available right after i added it to cart. wasted too much time picking out a sdhc card.

bread's done
Back