- - - - -

DVD/Blu Digital / Ultraviolet Code Discussion Thread

#31 RDLee   Twitter.com/RDLee CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

BE THANKFUL they didn't say "It could be the speed of your internet"

Wow. I really hope that was a joke and didn't happen to you.

#32 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Guy I bought the codes off suggested calling this # 1 (877) 793-7485, I'm also in a chat with support and I told them I was trying to buy a movie, and they are giving me a code for the movie for free, so make sure you ask :)

Nice they gave me the 24$ hd version

Edited by stoned99, 02 March 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#33 jgiovanni  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I have a codes for Twilight breaking dawn 1/2 on vudu and on itunes. Does anyone want to trade codes? I am looking for eclipse and new moon, or Kung Fu hustle, any shrek, I'm open to anything I don't already have.

Edit: If we are allowed to trade.. Sorry I should have first asked if that's allowed. If not that's fine, I will delete my post. Sorry if I caused any trouble.

Another thread for trades and sales where it will get more exposure.

#34 JoKu   Chojin CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Wow. I really hope that was a joke and didn't happen to you.

Not a joke, i'm like a Cinemanow master. I've dealt with them many of times for every odd problem they throw at you. I come out with something usually. Dealing with them is really hard, they will never want to believe the problem is them. Example, buying a movie that says its "UV", but NOT UV after you purchase. Aliens Directors Cut is like this on their website. In fact if you investigate the HD on their website isn't while the SD version IS! You can only find this little trick out when they are IN the cart. You this happens you can usually see it right after it happens, first thing they ask you is what player do you use. No matter what you say they will tell you they are experience certain issues with that player sometimes and that you should reset and try again. If you say yes they will say reset internet. If you say you use PS3, they'll most likey say "Have you tried restarting your computer", i know that seems odd.

"What system do you use"
-PC
"What Brand?"
-Custom Built
"Sometimes certain computers experience video issues"
-The problem is that the movie isn't UV when it says it is.
"Have you tried restarting your computer?"
"Do you use wireless?"
"It can be your internet speed that is effecting the issue"

They'll give you generated answers to the simplest stuff to,
-It charged me twice
"What player do you use to play your movies on?, that could be the issue."

#35 JoKu   Chojin CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

UPDATE:

Just checked my account i had $0.80, that is gone, no surprise. What i do find unusual is that i have a new "Device" listed under my account!

The device name is: "XE.674868323153"

#36 RDLee   Twitter.com/RDLee CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

I still all the same devices as usual on mine.

Only thing missing is the near $600 credit.

Damn, CinemaNow outsources so when you call the jokers have no clue.

#37 jgiovanni  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

All, just complain to BBB if this does not get resolved within the week.

#38 sleepydumbdude   MASHED POTATOES!! CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

sleepydumbdude

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

CinemaNow support is crap. At least I used most my credit and only had like 60 left that I was going to buy stuff in the store with. I couldn't though cause past two-three weeks stuff just sat in my cart. Contacted them and was told it was a known issue. I was able to do a bunch of disc to digitals though. I called and tried their chat support over the past couple weeks. Calling was bad so second time tried chat support and after they told me they were looking into something they took over 30 minutes to say anything back and told me to reboot my computer. I was like ummm all 4 of them that it does it on and the xbox?

#39 ZiggyZig   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

I'm not the least optimistic concerning the depleted store credits. I was told I would be contacted in 24 hours or less regarding the issue - that was yesterday at 4 PM (MST). Like some of the other users have already mentioned, I've not once been successful in resolving a CN problem via customer support. I think we might be out of luck.

Oh well... it was good while it lasted I suppose.

#40 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

What also sucks is you can't see your purchases online either, so no way to check in history what my balance had been :(

#41 ruli02   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

To piggyback off CB's post, if you're linked to UV and Flixster, I know Flixster will give you free movies for using their app, linking it to a tablet, etc. Have you done anything like that recently? Or are you actually seeing credit card transactions on your statement?

Actually, somebody ordered two movies on my account and the reason I found out was when I got the emails showing they had charged my account. CN said they were going to reverse the charge, but also took the movies away.

#42 RDLee   Twitter.com/RDLee CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

They better damn fix this soon.

I can't imagine a company has no tracking info on how much a person has in credit on their account.

#43 heraymo1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

This is what they just told me lol
Okay, and I do you the record of you contacting us before. For some reason they were under the impression that this had been resolved this afternoon. Clearly it hasn't. So, what I'm going to need to do is escalate this to our technical team to take a look into your account and see what might be going on with this and get it corrected for you.

Fucking morans this will never get fixed

#44 emmikay  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Here is an older post I have on Bestbuy rating purchase of Cinemanow card and nothing has changed -

I have placed many calls and had many instant chats trying to fix issues. Not one issue has been resolved. I have sent screen shots of issues so they can see problems. They have emailed and closed trouble tickets saying problem was resolved as soon as phone call ended with no resolution. I have had a movie charged to my account by a rep while he was viewing the issue. Many times when you instant chat you wait forever and then you get disconnected from rep. I have been promised escalation of issues but do not hear back nor is issue resolved. Some titles show as UV and after you purchase the UV logo will disappear so you can not view on other ultraviolet sites. I have tried to purchase one specific movie on 4 different days and it just spins and comes back to same page without completing purchase. Most all devices that I link say no movies in my library after linking them to my account. The reps ask for not only your log in user name but your password as well. The Cinemanow login info is in most cases your Best Buy online login/password as well. This raises security concerns to me. They should be able to view and help with issues without knowing your password.

Edited by emmikay, 03 March 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#45 CamelGod   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

The website seems to be completely down now. Resolution on the horizon maybe?

#46 Nchap2   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I just called and they said 3-4 hours until its fixed. I'm still not confident in that

#47 Blazz66   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

They gave me a hd code ths morning after about a 45 min wait
Hope it's fixed ASAP
Knk

#48 bfett9   Stop Looking at Me! CAGiversary!   2032 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

If you buy a movie on CinemaNow that has UV next to description, does that mean you should get a copy on CinemaNow as well as in your UV account to gain access elsewhere?

#49 Blazz66   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

If you buy a movie on CinemaNow that has UV next to description, does that mean you should get a copy on CinemaNow as well as in your UV account to gain access elsewhere?

From what I understand yes but did not work on acouple for me.
Knk

#50 jgiovanni  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Site is up, no credit here.

#51 bfett9   Stop Looking at Me! CAGiversary!   2032 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

So Cinemanow have me some movie credits for a screw up a while back (not related to this credit issue), I bought the LOTR EE Trilogy, but I only see them in cinema-now not on my UV account.

#52 ZiggyZig   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

The website seems to be completely down now. Resolution on the horizon maybe?

I just called and they said 3-4 hours until its fixed. I'm still not confident in that

The website is working for me, but the credits are still MIA. I wonder if the 3 - 4 hour time window will actually pan out.

#53 CamelGod   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Site is up, no credit here.

Ditto
:wall:

#54 sleepydumbdude   MASHED POTATOES!! CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

sleepydumbdude

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

Problem\Question:
Balance lost.

We apologyze for this. We don't have access to your credit.
We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
The BestBuy CinemaNow Support Team

:\ Also when I contacted them by phone they had no data on me ever contacting them before even though I have twice before. On important stuff I tend to write that down but cinemanow I'll just take it as a lose and not worth my time to ever deal with them again if its not fixed easily or on its own.

#55 ZiggyZig   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Problem\Question:
Balance lost.

We apologyze for this. We don't have access to your credit.
We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
The BestBuy CinemaNow Support Team

:\ Also when I contacted them by phone they had no data on me ever contacting them before even though I have twice before. On important stuff I tend to write that down but cinemanow I'll just take it as a lose and not worth my time to ever deal with them again if its not fixed easily or on its own.

They can't even spell apologize right. All hope is lost.

#56 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

Also missing credit of around $350. Waiting for someone to email me.

#57 spatenfloot   Don't read this! CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

spatenfloot

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Why would anyone have hundreds of dollars in cinemanow credit?

#58 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15596 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

CinemaNow is BestBuy, right? Explains the general poorly run tech and incompetent support then.

#59 changeup45   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Last night they sent a message asking how much I had in store credit. Do they have no idea? I responded right away. This morning I get a message to clear my cache and try another browser. What? I called in (I have now tried chat, email and phone) and the guy was seemingly clueless as to the problem. He asked if that solved the problem. What a joke. I asked him to check my account on his end to see if I had a credit. He said he needed my password... and then confirmed that I had $0 in credit. Now I'm escalated to technical support (again).

Worst service ever.

#60 RDLee   Twitter.com/RDLee CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

I was escalated to technical support on Saturday and still no resolution.