- - - - -

DVD/Blu Digital / Ultraviolet Code Discussion Thread

#121 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Go on the attack. There was no way for you to know this. Let them know that you will be reporting them to The Consumerist, Better Business Bureau and that web site linked earlier. Clearly identify to them that the PR hit they take from this will make a few hundred dollars in credit look like nothing. See if that changes the icy nature of their response.

Thats not going to work via this channel, facebook is the way to go and the BB forums. These idiots clearly have nothing to do with BB beyond "trying" to resolve issues of a client side nature.

#122 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

We just saw a post on bluray.com that said cinema.man is no longer on ebay, under his new alias either. We checked and sure enough, he is no longer a registered user. Interesting since he did it right after a case was opened against him by another user that we were told about.

Very true, and I had a brief exchange via ebay messaging with her? and she gave me another email, which of course is now also dead it was picklenaitor123@gmail.com for the record.

#123 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Facebook page, which was harder to find than it should have been
https://www.facebook...151152741598511

Got my free movie for the day. I plan on asking for a free movie everyday until they get this fixed!!

Edited by stoned99, 08 March 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#124 eMTe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Atleast they admit they are aware of problem.

Elvido Cabrera: Than you for this information.

Elvido Cabrera: We are truly sorry to hear that. I will be more than happy to assist you with this. Please allow me a moment as I verify this issue. Thanks.

Customer: Great thanks

Elvido Cabrera: You are very welcome :)

Elvido Cabrera: Thank you for holding. At the moment we are presenting an issue with our website with some customer credit. Our engineer are working on this issue to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Elvido Cabrera: I will create a case with your information and escalate it to our higher technical support department, They will get in contact with you in 24 to 48 hours

Customer: So does that mean that my credit will just appear or do I have to check back with you to get it?

Elvido Cabrera: Via e-mail

Customer: But I will get it back or do I need to file a claim with Bestbuy.com to?

Elvido Cabrera: You will get your credit back for sure after our engineer fix the issue.

Customer: Ok Thanks alot for your time

This chat took 32 mins by the way!

#125 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6671 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

So it seems like everyone who works at this "customer support" center has the last name Cabrera...So either they are one huge family which was denied by another rep in an earlier chat log...or yet again something fishy is going on.

#126 Gone Viral   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Thats not going to work via this channel, facebook is the way to go and the BB forums. These idiots clearly have nothing to do with BB beyond "trying" to resolve issues of a client side nature.

Heh, I realized this in reading his post on Blu-Ray.com.

#127 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

So it seems like everyone who works at this "customer support" center has the last name Cabrera...So either they are one huge family which was denied by another rep in an earlier chat log...or yet again something fishy is going on.

I've got different last names. The good news is they are quick to give you free movies now as they are probably trying to close chats as quick as possible. My last two requests took literally 3 responses from me, and closed in < 5 mins

#128 emmikay  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Money is back! Check your accounts!

#129 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

It is indeed

#130 sleepydumbdude   MASHED POTATOES!! CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

sleepydumbdude

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

YAH! Mine is also!

#131 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

can you believe a small part of me is sad, as I was enjoying getting a free movie each day :)

#132 emmikay  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Everyone should keep screen shot of balance - just in case...

#133 RDLee   Twitter.com/RDLee CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Money's back on mine too despite the email telling me the codes were fraud and I wouldn't be getting the credit back!

#134 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Money's back on mine too despite the email telling me the codes were fraud and I wouldn't be getting the credit back!

Thats good news. I wonder if the guy who had 1500 is getting all of his back. I bet if they ran a report of who had what he'll be right at the top :)

#135 emmikay  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Odd - 1st movie I buy shows - $24. I go through checkout and I am charged $25.99. Did I just buy the virtual steel case edition? :)

#136 Wyc1081   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

I had 800 and its back

#137 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Odd - 1st movie I buy shows - $24. I go through checkout and I am charged $25.99. Did I just buy the virtual steel case edition? :)

Looks like you tipped the developer :)

#138 Crazy from bluray   CAG in Training CAG in Training   2 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Crazy from bluray

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

All the money is back! $250 worth gonna spend it quickly! Anyone running into checkout issue some at bluray.com have had some issues

#139 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

All the money is back! $250 worth gonna spend it quickly! Anyone running into checkout issue some at bluray.com have had some issues

Buy UV titles only to be safe.

#140 RDLee   Twitter.com/RDLee CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

I just spend $444 of my restored $579 credit just in case.

Wanted to leave a little on there for a couple of the upcoming movies too.

Hope it doesn't backfire this time but if it does, oh well. :)

#141 swd0010   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Buy UV titles only to be safe.

Yeah, I'm one of the people having checkout issues like he referenced though, and it's not related to UV/non-UV...some titles simply won't allow you to check out apparently. Red Dawn is one of those titles for me.

#142 sleepydumbdude   MASHED POTATOES!! CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

sleepydumbdude

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Yeah, I'm one of the people having checkout issues like he referenced though, and it's not related to UV/non-UV...some titles simply won't allow you to check out apparently. Red Dawn is one of those titles for me.

Same here. They told me I couldn't buy red dawn on the computer because the computer wasn't HD compatible. I was like that never affected purchases before but whatever. Oh also support kept trying to get me to try buying something else to see if it was just that movie and I was like umm not unless you are going to credit me because I don't want to spend another 16+ to troubleshoot the issue.

#143 JoKu   Chojin CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Regarding this credit, It was good while it lasted, but due to a lot people flying off the handle with paypal disputes against Cinemaman/John/Picklenator we'll most likely not have it this good again. We all know this was a semi risk going into something that was "Too Good to be True".

In the end no one here was scammed, however questionable some person made a decent amount of money and you ended up with a BUNCH of movies.

Was any of this right? Debatable. Did you care? Most likely not. Are we enjoying ourselves? Most likely. Would you do it again? I bet you would.

#144 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Regarding this credit, It was good while it lasted, but due to a lot people flying off the handle with paypal disputes against Cinemaman/John/Picklenator we'll most likely not have it this good again. We all know this was a semi risk going into something that was "Too Good to be True".

In the end no one here was scammed, however questionable some person made a decent amount of money and you ended up with a BUNCH of movies.

Was any of this right? Debatable. Did you care? Most likely not. Are we enjoying ourselves? Most likely. Would you do it again? I bet you would.

I'm not sure things are all over yet, the devs managed to survive the crisis, but the next few weeks will involve a lot of data mining, and some decisions. They had to repair the system for the majority of the users, but they are well aware that some folks had way more credit than normal. They fact they have not issued a mea culpa say a lot at this point. If the ebay seller was on the up and up, I do feel for her as I'm sure this was paying either her rent or for her drug habit. Time will tell, but whatever happens CinemaNow's brand has been tarnished in my eyes. I wouldn't even had been aware of the network outages they had except for this entire credit mess. The idea of buying a digital only copy from them at this point is a non starter.

#145 RandyNDee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

More than likely, they are not done yet. Also, if everything was legit......why close all of his/her emails and ebay? Sounds fishy.

#146 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

More than likely, they are not done yet. Also, if everything was legit......why close all of his/her emails and ebay? Sounds fishy.

I think he/she was inundated with nasty emails, so I'm not surprised she/he went underground.

#147 Wyc1081   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

I didn't even worry about it knew what was getting into and got ahead anyway
I can imagine all the emails he/she was getting but some people always want to be right even knowing what they were doing was fishy somehow

#148 JoKu   Chojin CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

The reasoning behind my post wasn't a "Shame on you" thing on anybody that participated in credit purchases, its more like "Why did you some have to take it to the next lynch mob level?" with pulling the trigger. I'm really sad to see a good thing go. And the same people that were his #1 customers are most likely the same people that ruined him/her/the cycle. If you in this thread there is a 90% chance you were a buyer. I cannot say i participated nor do i condone you do as well. I'm not defending the seller, i just really think anybody that disputed ruined it for us and it wasn't justified on their end. I understand you'd be upset for losing $400 in credit....you obtained for about $60 in a questionable illegitimate manner. When flags are raised and credit disappears i thought everybody would keep their mouths shut as to not draw attention to this "cycle of things". I know the first thing my "friend" did was remove the attached credit card and lay low.

We lost this Credit life line, the fun is over. You guys realize there still most likely is a ongoing investigation into this "shady" business and at any time they can put a ban/hold on our accounts. Once the word FRAUD is established there will anyways be serious implimencations.

#149 Jseiii   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

My credit has not shown up. What do I need to do. Ugh.

#150 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

The reasoning behind my post wasn't a "Shame on you" thing on anybody that participated in credit purchases, its more like "Why did you some have to take it to the next lynch mob level?" with pulling the trigger. I'm really sad to see a good thing go. And the same people that were his #1 customers are most likely the same people that ruined him/her/the cycle. If you in this thread there is a 90% chance you were a buyer. I cannot say i participated nor do i condone you do as well. I'm not defending the seller, i just really think anybody that disputed ruined it for us and it wasn't justified on their end. I understand you'd be upset for losing $400 in credit....you obtained for about $60 in a questionable illegitimate manner. When flags are raised and credit disappears i thought everybody would keep their mouths shut as to not draw attention to this "cycle of things". I know the first thing my "friend" did was remove the attached credit card and lay low.

We lost this Credit life line, the fun is over. You guys realize there still most likely is a ongoing investigation into this "shady" business and at any time they can put a ban/hold on our accounts. Once the word FRAUD is established there will anyways be serious implimencations.

I'm not sure I totally agree, being complicit in fraud makes you an accessory, you know that law against receiving stolen goods, and ignorance is no defense of the law.

If the trader was legit they will resurface, if not they go to jail. For the rest of us we're victims of our own greed / naivety. When I bought my 200$ I was not aware of how many "discounts" were being sold. I thought it was just some small batch being sold on eBay. I'm no longer under that impression. Whomever was obtaining the codes was clearly doing something fishy, it may not have been the eBay seller, but he/she must have been suspicious of the original seller.

I do hope BB remembers most of us are actual customers of most other BB services and treats us fairly, but BB is under some major financial pressure, so who knows.