FTL: Faster Than Light $4.99 - PC, Mac

[quote name='phishhead220']I picked it up on Steam. Heard it was a good, but challenging game. Can't argue with the price.[/QUOTE]

Me either. I picked it up for full price and still don't mind that I payed that. It's a great game.

Its been 5$ a couple times now. Its a great game and a challenging one at that. The game it self takes only a couple hours to get to the end however I guarantee you will spend countless more b/c You will not beat it your first time through...

Just played this game for the first time and I'm very, very bad at it. However, I see the appeal, especially with multiple playthroughs and learning new things every time you die. For instance, I was sailing through my second playthrough until I was boarded by enemy pirates. I immediately sent my crew at them to attack, and my whole crew was wiped out. I realized afterwards that I probably could've just opened the doors and drained the oxygen from the room they were invading...

[quote name='Dalerax']Just played this game for the first time and I'm very, very bad at it. However, I see the appeal, especially with multiple playthroughs and learning new things every time you die. For instance, I was sailing through my second playthrough until I was boarded by enemy pirates. I immediately sent my crew at them to attack, and my whole crew was wiped out. I realized afterwards that I probably could've just opened the doors and drained the oxygen from the room they were invading...[/QUOTE]

Stick with it, and don't feel bad about setting the difficulty to "easy."

Even on that setting it took me over 24 in-game hours and multiple, multiple attempts to beat it once. Still have not beaten it on "normal."

Just wanted to throw out there that this is a great game. Even if it seems like the genre might not appeal to you, give it a shot for $5. I did a few months back after reading a ton of praise for it in a CAG thread, and I'm so glad I did. Definitely in my top ten of 2012.

[quote name='Dalerax']Just played this game for the first time and I'm very, very bad at it. However, I see the appeal, especially with multiple playthroughs and learning new things every time you die. For instance, I was sailing through my second playthrough until I was boarded by enemy pirates. I immediately sent my crew at them to attack, and my whole crew was wiped out. I realized afterwards that I probably could've just opened the doors and drained the oxygen from the room they were invading...[/QUOTE]

Got this from a steam sale and just started a week ago - I am horrible on Easy...

Easy might as well be called Normal or hard for that matter, lol. I bought this game last november and played it for about a month straight, easily one of the best games to come out in 2012. I'm not normally a fan of space-type games but this is a must have if you're a strategy fan. This game is worth more than the original price let alone the sale price.

The music in this game is really good too..

bread's done
Back