* * * - - 2 votes

[ShinyLoot] 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals

shinyloot drm-free sale indie games indie games tactical strategy rpg

#631 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10255 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

I find it a bit amusing sad that there's still a "Summer Sale" notice on their front page.

Completed Conqueror!

#632 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16743 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

It's summer in Australia.
steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#633 Modoru   ne, shitteru? ૮(◕ ᴥ ◕ ∪) CAGiversary!   2126 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:52 PM

Let's keep bumping a months old thread.

IFUgiVT.png

Eight billion other faces, and I'm just seein' you — for what it's worth, I think about you, morning to evening.

TL // Buy list | My name is Mo・do・ru(もどる). Nice to meet you.

#634 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16743 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

Why do you care console person? Go back to your neighborhood.:-P
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#635 Modoru   ne, shitteru? ૮(◕ ᴥ ◕ ∪) CAGiversary!   2126 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

Why do you care console person? Go back to your neighborhood.:-P

Eh, I okay mostly on PC, but okay, whatever you say buddy.

IFUgiVT.png

Eight billion other faces, and I'm just seein' you — for what it's worth, I think about you, morning to evening.

TL // Buy list | My name is Mo・do・ru(もどる). Nice to meet you.

#636 Drabelincoln   Town Drunk CAGiversary!   6511 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Eh, I okay mostly on PC, but okay, whatever you say buddy.

I mostly on console, but I only post in pc threads.

#637 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16743 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

So Shiny Loot. Remember them? No? Well fine Indef's Monkey Island adventures were all for naught.

Anyhow they've been quiet because they've been hard at work on a super sekrit project. A Let's Play Search Engine. Betcha always said 'Hey I wish someone would make a site that I could enter the name of a game in and just get some random Let's Play video from someone I've never heard of to pop up and play'.

Well now you can!

http://www.shinyloot...ore-launch.html

sl-logo-newsletter.png June 4, 2015
Over the past several months, you may have noticed a few less emails. You also may (or may not) have wondered what was going on with ShinyLoot. As a small team, we often make tough choices about how to spend our time. Lately that time has been spent developing VidXplore.

VX-logo-big.png

A year ago we launched VidXplore as a video based tool to discover games on ShinyLoot. We've dramatically improved upon that core concept to create a sort of 'Pandora' for games. We've separated out VidXplore and added over 9,000 games for PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, and Wii, with more platforms on the way. We've also considerably increased the number of traits fueling the back-end of our game discovery tool to over 350. Finally, game trailers have been swapped for gameplay videos via YouTube from famous personalities and rising stars. VidXplore is now a tool not just for finding new games, but finding new YouTube channels as well.

The new version of VidXplore is now in beta. You may see a few oddities both in traits and videos, and we'll be cleaning these up throughout the beta process with your feedback and reports.

Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

For more immediate updates, join us on Facebook or Google Plus or follow us on Twitter @ShinyLoot.

1779 Wells Branch Pkwy Suite 110B - 101, Austin, TX 78728
Copyright © 2013 ShinyLoot. All rights reserved.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#638 Malkan   No, ALL! CAGiversary!   1001 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

It's about time someone came up with a way to search YouTube.

#639 rcsample   That's just like, your opinion man. CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:47 AM

If it let's me remove Pew DIE pie videos from YouTube I'll give them a dump truck full of cash.

#640 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:45 AM

If it let's me remove Pew DIE pie videos from YouTube I'll give them a dump truck full of cash.

y u hate pew?

#641 rcsample   That's just like, your opinion man. CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:57 AM

y u hate pew?

He not a moran, he stoopid

#642 Blade   National Corruption Day 7/5/16 CAGiversary!   12575 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:20 AM

y u hate pew?

Everyone hates him. He's talentless. He's the Kim Kardashian of gaming. Literally anyone could do what he does, which is equates to nothing meaningful whatsoever.

Even AmazonJosh is better than pewdiepie.

#643 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   16435 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

y u gaise bump thread

GUtUP1U.jpg

#644 RealDeals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

y u gaise bump thread

kaam doun skrlxman 

http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#645 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4368 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

kaam doun skrlxman

Hi poodeepie.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#646 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10255 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

rip-clipart-rip-gravestone-md.png
Completed Conqueror!

#647 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   7350 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

Man, that gravestone looks pretty jacked up for a company that just died yesterday.  Did you steal it from Desura or something?

#648 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   7424 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

Hello you sucker,

Today we are making a public announcement to confirm what some of you have speculated over the past few months. ShinyLoot will, in the near future, begin the process of shutting down as a digital distribution service. With this email we will outline our thinking that led to this decision and what you can expect as a customer. We have always strived for transparency in our operations and we feel that you deserve as much information as possible, with as much warning as possible.

Every customer will be provided ample time to download their game libraries and use any remaining credits. As such, there are two important dates to keep in mind. The last date that purchases will be allowed is January 31st, 2016. After this date, all remaining credits will be forfeited. The last date we will be active for downloads, support, or general operational matters is March 17, 2016. We feel this is a fair balance between allowing access to files from our servers and the financial and time cost to us in maintaining operations.

With that out of the way, we would like to go into the reasons why we are following this course of action, our future as a business, and how we got to this point.

We started ShinyLoot with the goal of promoting independent and medium sized publishers through primarily DRM-free offerings using a trait discovery system. Although many games have received thousands of additional views through our service, we never really converted those views into a high enough sales rate. Between the lack of performance and the looming large investment required to continue growing, our motivation has gradually waned.

Both founding members of ShinyLoot have slowly lost the drive and passion we used to break into the market. It became clear that the long hours needed to see ShinyLoot thrive would not be ending anytime soon. Stress started to play a role in both of our lives and we sacrificed other ventures to make this work. So we took a break for most of 2015 to try to reignite the spark with our most recent sale in November, but it simply didn't last. And in that time, the market has grown even more competitive. At this point, we simply don't think managing ShinyLoot as a digital distributor is a significant addition to the gaming community nor the right course of action for us personally or professionally. There are simply too many services that provide an equal or better substitute for our offerings.

As for what that means in the future, we have been in talks with a few companies and individuals to transition ownership of ShinyLoot elsewhere. Nothing ever materialized that made sense, either because of how it affected us, you, our publishers and developers, or all of the above. We have continued to try to do everything the "right way", and that does limit our options. So we will maintain rights to the domain and perhaps try to transition into something that is purely discovery based, without the retail aspect, as that seemed to be our biggest benefit to the gaming community.

So this is where we are at. We know that it's not a great message to receive at the end of the year, and it's not one that's easy for us to deliver. We hope that you understand our decision, and we would be happy to talk with any of you if you would like to respond. Please keep in mind that responses may be delayed depending on the quantity of replies we receive. We wish you a Happy New Year and that this may be only a small hiccup in an otherwise great 2016 for you.

Thanks,

Chris and Sood (ShinyLoot Staff)

#649 rcsample   That's just like, your opinion man. CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

Hello you sucker,

Between the lack of performance and the looming large investment required to continue growing, our motivation has gradually waned.

Both founding members of ShinyLoot have slowly lost the drive and passion we used to break into the market. It became clear that the long hours needed to see ShinyLoot thrive would not be ending anytime soon. Stress started to play a role in both of our lives and we sacrificed other ventures to make this work. So we took a break for most of 2015 to try to reignite the spark with our most recent sale in November, but it simply didn't last. And in that time, the market has grown even more competitive. At this point, we simply don't think managing ShinyLoot as a digital distributor is a significant addition to the gaming community nor the right course of action for us personally or professionally.

Thanks,

Chris and Sood (ShinyLoot Staff)

#650 indef  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

Jesus christ, what was wrong with me?

#651 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16743 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:14 PM

Hey you did more promotion for them than their employees.
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#652 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6051 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

I am generally sad to see it go. Will have to remember to download DRM free games not avaliable elsewhere like Mark Leung Revenge of the Bitch and Nancy the Happy Whore...which has a different name now.

#653 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   7424 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:36 PM

I am generally sad to see it go. Will have to remember to download DRM free games not avaliable elsewhere like Mark Leung Revenge of the Bitch and Nancy the Happy Whore...which has a different name now.

I think Mark Leung is also available at Gamersgate.

#654 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16743 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:42 AM

That dev is a dumbass. Put that shit on Greenlight for fuck's sake!
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#655 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   16435 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:51 AM

That dev is a dumbass. Put that shit on Greenlight for Fuck's sake!

They'll probably put it on greenlight right after ShinyLoot shuts down, so I'll be fucked cuz it's the only place I own it. Thx dev

GUtUP1U.jpg

#656 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:57 AM

Everyone hates him. He's talentless. He's the Kim Kardashian of gaming. Literally anyone could do what he does, which is equates to nothing meaningful whatsoever.

Even AmazonJosh is better than pewdiepie.

Josh has a youtube channel with million subcribers?

#657 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4368 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:11 AM

Who wants to buy my shiny loot account?

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#658 rcsample   That's just like, your opinion man. CAGiversary!   2888 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

Who wants to buy my shiny loot account?

I'd rather buy your shiny poop account....

#659 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4368 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:54 AM

I'd rather buy your shiny poop account....

Need to buy some Goldschläger then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shinyloot, drm-free, sale, indie, games, indie games, tactical, strategy, rpg