What brightness do you guys use your 3ds on? And does it effect the 3d?

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Just started using my 3ds and was wondering what brightness setting you guys use. Usually for handhelds (and tv's actually) i keep the brightness low. My vita is at about 38%, my psp was on a 2. Cant remember what my DSlite and stuff were, i think the one below the middle

However with the 3ds it almost seems like lowering the brightness really detracts from the visuals. Especially with the 3d mode turned on. Leaving it on the default 5 really gives stuff a pop and contrast, but putting it on 3 or so seems to make it look a bit dull and limit the depth of field a bit. Are my eyes just playing tricks after using the default 5 for a few hours or is this really the case?

I'll have to mess with it later, but it just seemed weird to me. I really wanted to put it on 3 or so. Im just wondering what most of you play on

Uh 2 or so, I really don't know actually, I prefer dim screens so I know I turned it down quite a lot as soon as I got the system.

I have it on auto. It usually lives in the cradle so I don't care about battery life. Power-saving mode looked kind of crappy so I disabled it.

Once that red light goes on, it's usually a warning I've been playing too long.

Though I still ignore it and chug on

1 with Power Saver on. I just kind of forced myself to get used to the setting for the sake of more play time (did this on Day 1). For me, Pushmo was the only game that showed a notable decrease in color vibrance with 3D on. Its the only game I play with 3D off for that reason.

I run my 3DS and my XL at max typically. Only exception is sometimse that's too bright if I'm in total darkness.

I don't use so-called "3D" so don't know if it affects that.

bread's done
Back