- - - - -

GGT 217 will work 3 jobs just to buy a PS4 and every launch title. It's worth it.

#151 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I've got plenty to play on 360, PS3 and Wii so ill wait out the next gen for a price drop or two and see if I'm interested in any of the consoles then.

My plan exectly. My backlog from this gen should last me at least a year-and-a-half into the next gen. I have never bought a newly released console within less than a year from release. I didn't get into this gen until MGS4 came out.

#152 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

My plan exectly. My backlog from this gen should last me at least a year-and-a-half into the next gen. I have never bought a newly released console within less than a year from release. I didn't get into this gen until MGS4 came out.

I used to get Nintendo consoles at launch, but those were $150-250 at launch up through the Wii. So that was easy to stomach. I don't game enough to pay the $400-600 launch prices last gen or this gen (other than WiiU and I'm done with Nintendo consoles).

I got a 360 in 2007--not sure if it was after a price drop or not, got in on a good deal from Frys.com for the console with 5 games for $400. Forget what all the games were, Bioshock and 3 others I wanted to play I remember. Something crappy I didn't want (Two Worlds maybe?) that I flipped for Halo 3.

I'll do the same this time hopefully--jump in when there's a drop and/or a sale where I can get the console and a few games I want for a decent price.

#153 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Why is seeing the console so damn important?

You still can't buy the damn thing for nine months anyways. Here's a spoiler: It's going to be a black fuckin box.

I said the same thing to someone and they called me the head of the Sony Defense Force. *shrugs*

Either way, now that Sony has confirmed it doesn't require an online connection looks I'll be getting one. I've actually never bought a console at launch. I think I may make this my first. I'm allowed to be stupid once in my life.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#154 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Sony did not announce a NA price drop on the Vita. They obviously dont want me to buy one. Fail.

#155 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Either way, now that Sony has confirmed it doesn't require an online connection looks I'll be getting one. I've actually never bought a console at launch. I think I may make this my first. I'm allowed to be stupid once in my life.

Yeah, that was a good clarification. Now if they would just confirm the "no used games" rumor....

#156 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, that was a good clarification. Now if they would just confirm the "no used games" rumor....

http://www.eurogamer...lock-used-games

Already done.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#157 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Already done.

Great. Then the PS4 just might be for me after all.

#158 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17122 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Already done.

If xbox bans used games PS4 here I come btw got my raiden code yesterday

#159 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39454 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

On phone, lazy responses

Joel - I'm playing it again already on Hard. I haven't bought the fox blade yet because of how expensive it is. That is my next goal in the game.

Frost - Jump and mash square; your sword has a surprisingly high reach.

So fox blade is in the game and not GS DLC?

But... but... but... then where will you have an avatar you can dress up as Snake for a nominal fee?

#160 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17122 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

It's GS only.

#161 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17122 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I wasn't too impressed with The Walking Dead as a "game". It was more of an interactive story to me. But I've only played the first 3 episodes so far.

I didn't like it either. I stopped playing when the cop car flipped over and realized the whole game is just a point and click game

#162 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39454 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

It's GS only.

Huh -- normally Uraizen doesn't order from GS. So that's where the confusion came from. He did for TTT2, I think, because he didn't want to wait for the other 2 DLC characters he wouldn't have gotten from Amazon... so yeah, ok, don't have to worry about that then, I guess. -- I've already dumped my 30000 into DLC armor unlocks. :bouncy:

By all accounts, it'll one shot any normal enemy.
That doesn't sound fun, really.

#163 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17122 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

It's a pre-order from GS and costs 200k to unlock. Uraizen obviously has a nice friend in the GGT who gave him the DLC code if he didn't preorder from GS himself. Unless he owns the EU version which comes with grey fox free?

I replayed mistral's battle theme at least 20-30x maybe more yesterday easily.
Over and over in the gym and at the grocery store.

#164 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39454 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

It's a pre-order from GS and costs 200k to unlock. Uraizen obviously has a nice friend in the GGT who gave him the DLC code if he didn't preorder from GS himself. Unless he owns the EU version which comes with grey fox free?

I replayed mistral's battle theme at least 20-30x maybe more yesterday easily.
Over and over in the gym and at the grocery store.

Well, I'm sure I'll have 200k+ bp stacked around by the time Konami releases the preorder stuff to the general public.

#165 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39454 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Huh.

Well, this puts a damper on things, if you ask me:

Sony: PSN purchases don't carry over to PS4

So the hundreds of dollars I've spent on my PSN games and content won't be usable on my PS4? That seems like a bad move.
That also seems like the rumours of them making a new online service and charging for "most" features a la XBL Silver/Gold have some truth to them.

#166 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17122 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Huh.

So the hundreds of dollars I've spent on my PSN games and content won't be usable on my PS4? That seems like a bad move.
That also seems like the rumours of them making a new online service and charging for "most" features a la XBL Silver/Gold have some truth to them.

My god of war ghosts of sparta from PSP download store won't carry over! :(

#167 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36222 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Huh.

That's sucky.

Hopefully it'll have some features that are worth it like being able to use Netflix.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#168 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Personally, I think the current gen will hang around longer than it has in the past after new consoles debut. Maybe not at B&M retail stores who are pressed for floor space, but I honestly won't be surprised if we see some games released simultaneously on PS3 & 4, Xbox 360 & 720, and WiiU, especially 3rd party stuff. You might not be able to find them at retail, but still available digitally.

#169 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39454 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Personally, I think the current gen will hang around longer than it has in the past after new consoles debut. Maybe not at B&M retail stores who are pressed for floor space, but I honestly won't be surprised if we see some games released simultaneously on PS3 & 4, Xbox 360 & 720, and WiiU, especially 3rd party stuff. You might not be able to find them at retail, but still available digitally.

I rarely buy retail games digitally unless they're <$20 on Steam. My Vita was an exception, but now I'll probably hold off until I see what the plan is for PSN with regards to the Vita, since it seems that PS4 will have something new.

I have a feeling my journey into PC gaming is coming sooner rather than later.
Hopefully, with the increase in companies releasing, in the very least, ports of console games if not full fledged PC versions, as of late, the desire for PS4 to be close to a gaming PC will facilitate that almost all 3rd party games will become available for PC.
This way, only first party and service-based exclusives will be unavailable to me. I wonder if there's a way to make a PS3 controller work with a gaming PC... (easily)

#170 j-cart   PAPER TRAILS on a mountain CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for not spoiling anything about MGR guys.

Super appreciate it :D

BTW tonight, I make the team for X-COM.

#171 hankmecrankme   Drunken Jesus CAGiversary!   17389 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

hankmecrankme

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I predict a similar situation like how games would come out and have two versions, basically. One for PS3/360, and one for PS2/Wii. So now, we'll have one version for PS4/Durrango, and one for PS3/360/Wii U. Can't wait. :bouncy:

Madden 12 came out on PS2, after all.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#172 hankmecrankme   Drunken Jesus CAGiversary!   17389 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

hankmecrankme

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Welcome to the Master Race.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#173 hankmecrankme   Drunken Jesus CAGiversary!   17389 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

hankmecrankme

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Sony did not announce a NA price drop on the Vita. They obviously dont want me to buy one. Fail.

That's because it's selling so amazingly well. . .

#174 hankmecrankme   Drunken Jesus CAGiversary!   17389 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

hankmecrankme

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

And one more. I've got a ton of shit to play already, and thus I will not be touching a "next gen" console until 2+ years into their lifespan, preferably after a remodel and definitely after a price drop. Look at this gen, shit took forever to get going, and by the time it did, they both had price drops. No reason to jump into this shit head first.

I'll probably cop a new GPU instead. Get a 770 or something. :drool:

#175 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   16862 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

I personally loved The Walking Dead. Despite the choices not really changing anything major in the story, I loved talking about the game with friends who have played it. For example,

Spoiler
I mean, sure, it didn't change anything in the end, but the game played out a bit differently.

Spoiler

I'd imagine that they didn't really develop her character as she more than likely will be appearing in Season 2, and with the ending of the first game, she might even play an even bigger role than in the first game. At least, I'm hoping she does.

I don't think they developed her cuz they didn't want to accidentally cause someone to not like her.

Is this really that important? I mean, even the hardcore that are going to buy this on launch are probably still going to keep their PS3s out. There's very few games that I would imagine people would really want to transfer over and those are pretty niche, like 3s (which I think Rai Rai prefers to play on PC anyways). I don't know, it just seems like something to get mad about because we expect to get mad about it.

My god of war ghosts of sparta from PSP download store won't carry over! :(

Exactly.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

There are just so many un-Godzilla like things it should be easy to see why people didn't like it (also the annoying cast). Zilla being killed by missiles was the biggest thing that bothered me Godzilla is supposed to be far stronger than that. The army shouldn't be able to hurt Godzilla unless they are using something like MechaGodzilla or Moguera.

#176 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   10579 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Next gen is starting to remind me how behind I already am....lol.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#177 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Got mine last night as well.

Is this really that important? I mean, even the hardcore that are going to buy this on launch are probably still going to keep their PS3s out. There's very few games that I would imagine people would really want to transfer over and those are pretty niche, like 3s (which I think Rai Rai prefers to play on PC anyways). I don't know, it just seems like something to get mad about because we expect to get mad about it.

Agree completely.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#178 BlueScrote   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4842 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BlueScrote

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I said the same thing to someone and they called me the head of the Sony Defense Force. *shrugs*

I don't know how you find time to game as much as you do between work/wife/kids.

You own more games on Steam than I do and you don't have a gaming PC?

#179 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17122 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for not spoiling anything about MGR guys.

Super appreciate it :D

BTW tonight, I make the team for X-COM.

Not much to spoil its a super short game!

#180 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17122 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

ugh non toasted subways are the worst