- - - - -

GGT 217 will work 3 jobs just to buy a PS4 and every launch title. It's worth it.

#181 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10303 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I don't know how you find time to game as much as you do between work/wife/kids.

I've had insomnia since I was a child. I only sleep about 3 hours a night. Most of my gaming is done while the family is asleep.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#182 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17081 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I get sleep paralysis every now and then...

#183 hankmecrankme   Drunken Jesus CAGiversary!   17385 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

hankmecrankme

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

ugh non toasted subways are the worst

:puke:

I've had insomnia since I was a child. I only sleep about 3 hours a night. Most of my gaming is done while the family is asleep.

I'm all over the place when it comes to sleep. Lately, I'm 5 hours a night max. Then I'll have a stretch where I get 10 hours a night or more. It's random.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#184 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   13937 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Huh.

Well, this puts a damper on things, if you ask me:

Sony: PSN purchases don't carry over to PS4

So the hundreds of dollars I've spent on my PSN games and content won't be usable on my PS4? That seems like a bad move.
That also seems like the rumours of them making a new online service and charging for "most" features a la XBL Silver/Gold have some truth to them.

Yeah, that insures I won't be buying a PS4 for a while. I've spent too much money on the store. Also, wouldn't that mean that our PS+ stuff wouldn't transfer over too?

#185 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Is this really that important? I mean, even the hardcore that are going to buy this on launch are probably still going to keep their PS3s out. There's very few games that I would imagine people would really want to transfer over and those are pretty niche, like 3s (which I think Rai Rai prefers to play on PC anyways). I don't know, it just seems like something to get mad about because we expect to get mad about it.

Might not matter to you, but it matters to me.
I have a digital backlog that's absolutely ridiculous in size and it was still growing, between buying things that are on sale and PS+.

You own more games on Steam than I do and you don't have a gaming PC?

I do not.

I end up selling my PS3 copy when I'm done with it and then I see the game on sale for $10 on Steam and buy it to support the developers. Coupled with my "plan" to build one that I never actualize, yeah, I own a lot of games on Steam. I just never get the motivation to drop like $800 on a gaming PC, coupled with the fact that it still seems weird to me to put a full PC in my entertainment center next to the DVR and the fact that I've never gotten a PS3 controller to work on a PC and I just haven't cared enough.

Look at my signature and the achievement ratio on the raptr graphic.
Posted Image

Between Vita an PS3, I have almost 5000 trophies.
Between (very limited) PC and x360, I have over 3000 achievements.
I have less than 300 Steam achievements.

That should tell you I do not have a gaming PC. ;)
Most of my gaming is still done on consoles.

Edited by corrosivefrost, 21 February 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#186 hankmecrankme   Drunken Jesus CAGiversary!   17385 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

hankmecrankme

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

i can't wait for PS4/PS3/Vita Triple Cross Buy. :bouncy:

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#187 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17504 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

And one more. I've got a ton of shit to play already, and thus I will not be touching a "next gen" console until 2+ years into their lifespan, preferably after a remodel and definitely after a price drop. Look at this gen, shit took forever to get going, and by the time it did, they both had price drops. No reason to jump into this shit head first.

I'll probably cop a new GPU instead. Get a 770 or something. :drool:

This man speaks wisdom. No PS4 for me until at least the first redesign/price drop. 8-)

#188 mrspicytacoman   Apply Ubik only as directed CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

mrspicytacoman

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Ive always wondered about insomniacs

Do you just feel like shit all the time?
Or are you used to low amounts of sleep

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer

#189 Rai Rai   Lookin' in all the right places CAGiversary!   14835 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Is this really that important? I mean, even the hardcore that are going to buy this on launch are probably still going to keep their PS3s out. There's very few games that I would imagine people would really want to transfer over and those are pretty niche, like 3s (which I think Rai Rai prefers to play on PC anyways). I don't know, it just seems like something to get mad about because we expect to get mad about it.

Considering I still play NGB to this day and want to play TTT2 and BBCP in the future, I'd say it's pretty important. Hell, it's important to anybody who plays fighters. So I guess if you count the FGC as niche, then sure. That's assuming they wouldn't Fuck it up like the PS3, of course. There's only so many PS3s and 360s to go around and they will be discontinued eventually.

#190 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   13937 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hey, do you guys know where I can get a cheapish Slim 360 with a HDD with at least 60 gigs of space? I'd like to get one for my brothers for around $200 if possible, but cheapest I can find is the 250 gig Slim (which is waaaay more memory than they need) on NewEgg for $240.

#191 Rai Rai   Lookin' in all the right places CAGiversary!   14835 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Oh yeah, Joel, I unlocked the fox blade and upgraded it. That thing breaks the fucking game, it's more powerful than going into Ripper Mode. Anything it touches is sliced instantly.

#192 j-cart   PAPER TRAILS on a mountain CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Should I be purchasing the X-COM DLC?

Shit with the deal, it is $10. Now is that worth it?

#193 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   13937 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Oh yeah, Joel, I unlocked the fox blade and upgraded it. That thing breaks the fucking game, it's more powerful than going into Ripper Mode. Anything it touches is sliced instantly.

Whoa, thanks! I didn't expect it to be that crazy. Thanks, Uraizen!

#194 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17081 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

It combines HF blade with another sword and from what I read yes its broken. Should make getting S rank on every mission easy

#195 Rai Rai   Lookin' in all the right places CAGiversary!   14835 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

It combines HF blade with another sword and from what I read yes its broken. Should make getting S rank on every mission easy

It doesn't give you a chance to stun enemies to Zandatsu them. You get a shit ton of points from doing that. The section I beat using the Fox Blade only gave me a C.

#196 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17081 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

It doesn't give you a chance to stun enemies to Zandatsu them. You get a shit ton of points from doing that. The section I beat using the Fox Blade only gave me a C.

Ah so that's the drawback.

Pretty funny easter egg kinda like in MGS 3 I just found. Put the barrel on raiden and roll for a while

#197 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17081 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

GOTY
http://www.metacriti...ing-revengeance

#198 Rai Rai   Lookin' in all the right places CAGiversary!   14835 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

GOTY
http://www.metacriti...ing-revengeance

Posted Image

God I hope so.

#199 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Posted Image

God I hope so.

You and me both -- one less reason I'll need to fire up my PS3.

#200 j-cart   PAPER TRAILS on a mountain CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Do not get me excited. I can't even stand up from my desk now!

#201 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

And one more. I've got a ton of shit to play already, and thus I will not be touching a "next gen" console until 2+ years into their lifespan, preferably after a remodel and definitely after a price drop. Look at this gen, shit took forever to get going, and by the time it did, they both had price drops. No reason to jump into this shit head first.

I'll probably cop a new GPU instead. Get a 770 or something. :drool:

Yep, that's my plan too. I'm probably just going to wait for around Black Friday and see what GPUs go on sale at newegg and grab one or two.

662978.pngTeddie_Swimsuit_Sig.jpg
sig.gif

#202 j-cart   PAPER TRAILS on a mountain CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

I already had to jump on the upgrade train. Though I think in the future, I'll just give my brother my 7950 and get a new one if the upgrade seems reasonable.

#203 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17081 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Sleeping dogs is so asiany

#204 BlueScrote   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4816 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BlueScrote

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Christ, how do you function?

Might not matter to you, but it matters to me.
I have a digital backlog that's absolutely ridiculous in size and it was still growing, between buying things that are on sale and PS+.

I do not.

I end up selling my PS3 copy when I'm done with it and then I see the game on sale for $10 on Steam and buy it to support the developers. Coupled with my "plan" to build one that I never actualize, yeah, I own a lot of games on Steam. I just never get the motivation to drop like $800 on a gaming PC, coupled with the fact that it still seems weird to me to put a full PC in my entertainment center next to the DVR and the fact that I've never gotten a PS3 controller to work on a PC and I just haven't cared enough.

Look at my signature and the achievement ratio on the raptr graphic.
Posted Image

Between Vita an PS3, I have almost 5000 trophies.
Between (very limited) PC and x360, I have over 3000 achievements.
I have less than 300 Steam achievements.

That should tell you I do not have a gaming PC. ;)
Most of my gaming is still done on consoles.

Fair enough. I would just go with the Xbox Controller. It's plug and play. Although I think MS discontinued the wireless dongle.

#205 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17081 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Is not getting hit required to get an S in most cases as a final grade? I can only get B's, A's every time

#206 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Fair enough. I would just go with the Xbox Controller. It's plug and play. Although I think MS discontinued the wireless dongle.

I have a wireless dongle, but I am not a big fan of the 360 controller the "bumpers" and "d-pad" are down right atrocities and the face buttons never quite clicked for me -- about the only things I do like are the triggers and the analog sticks... I'd much rather use a Dual Shock 3 -- my main gripe with Dual Shock 3 is r2/l2 but with real triggers, the problem is mostly fixed and I'm pretty happy with it.

#207 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   13937 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Christ, how do you function?

Probably like I do. I've been an insomniac since I was pretty young too and it's not all that hard when you're used to doing it all of your life.

Is not getting hit required to get an S in most cases as a final grade? I can only get B's, A's every time

I don't think so, but not sure. I've gotten a few S ranks.

#208 Krymner  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

I have a wireless dongle, but I am not a big fan of the 360 controller the "bumpers" and "d-pad" are down right atrocities and the face buttons never quite clicked for me -- about the only things I do like are the triggers and the analog sticks... I'd much rather use a Dual Shock 3 -- my main gripe with Dual Shock 3 is r2/l2 but with real triggers, the problem is mostly fixed and I'm pretty happy with it.

I feel exactly the same about the 2 controllers. The Dualshock 4's triggers look marginally better but you really can't tell until you hold it.

Wavebird FTW

#209 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

Probably like I do. I've been an insomniac since I was pretty young too and it's not all that hard when you're used to doing it all of your life.

I used to rock that kind of sleep schedule a lot in college, but my body can't really take it anymore. I typically get around 5-6 hours of sleep a night now. Basically go to bad around 1-2:30am and get up at 7:40am every weekday, weekends I tend to stay up extremely late and wake up kind of late, like sleeping from 4am to 10am.

662978.pngTeddie_Swimsuit_Sig.jpg
sig.gif

#210 zewone   Thursday CAGiversary!   43156 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Your boy, me, tryin' to cop that PS Quadruple.