[UPDATE] (Check OP for info.) XSEED Online Store Free Bonus Item w/purchase (YMMV)

Kotomine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE 3/13/2013
Thanks to everyone for making our XSEED Online Store promotion a huge success! Although the promotion to receive a small bonus item has technically ended, we still encourage anyone to write into the "Add special instructions to the seller" field when placing an order from our store, and who knows, a little surprise may be included within your shipment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have updated our online store with quite a few new goodies: XSEED Games Store

- Ragnarok Odyssey (Standard Edition) - $40
- Ragnarok Odyssey (Mercenary Edition) - $50
- Ragnarok Odyssey - Monster Cards - $5
- The Last Story (Standard Edition) - $30
- The Last Story (Limited Edition) - $40

Whether you're looking for a classic love story or just want to be a lean, mean, giant-fighting machine, we've got you covered from every angle.

But wait! There's more!

If you order within the next ten minutes(*), you can choose a bonus item to be included with your purchase! Just click "Add special instructions to the seller" during Paypal checkout and tell us which item you'd like, choosing from anything that's currently being sold on the store for $5, or an item from this list of not-for-sale past goodies:

- Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Musical Selections CD
- The Last Story Musical Selections CD
- Ragnarok Odyssey Musical Selections CD
- Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Guide

Boring legal stuff:
- Valid only to residents of the United States
- Supplies of each item limited, only while supplies last
- All normal rules of our online store, such as $20 minimum purchase requirement, still apply
- "prettiest mercenary" is a subjective term and we make no guarantees that a 'Floppy Cat' hat will win you
the Midgard beauty pageant
- "ten minutes" in cheap infomercial time corresponds to 2 weeks real time
- Do not taunt 'Happy Fun Ball'

I've received a response regarding multiple bonus items:

Hi [REDACTED],

It depends on the order, but if you order multiple things and request multiple items we can try to accommodate you (assuming that you are passing at least a $20 threshold for each bonus item you are requesting).

I hope this helps.
Ken @ XSEED Games

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blaster man']hmm..their The Last Story doesn't include the CD. Was that only certain retailers?[/QUOTE]

Was a first run bonus, but cd is included in the "freebie's"

[quote name='slidecage']that Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Guide isnt worth 2 cents let alone 5 bucks[/QUOTE]

Neither is the game.

Great price on Last Story LE. Bought extras off a lowball here and combined it with a used copy I got earlier. Tempted to get another to keep sealed but I blew so much money this week ._.

[quote name='Pikagreg']Great price on Last Story LE. Bought extras off a lowball here and combined it with a used copy I got earlier. Tempted to get another to keep sealed but I blew so much money this week ._.[/QUOTE]

Buy it buy it buy it Buy it.

for $10 more than the standard version i say the Last Story LE is a pretty good deal, cheapest i've seen, if we dont count the crazy amazon sale that lasted less than 10 minutes

I suppose I shouldn't put it off any longer. Last Story LE w CD bonus. Thanks for heads up OP

I picked up a TLS LE w/ the music CD. I wanted to pick up a spare copy and since they alone go for $30 used on eBay, $40 for a new copy w/ the CD is an easy decision.

Just browsed the other $5 items out of curiosity. I liked Ys music from back in the TG16 days. How are those soundtracks (Felghana and 1/2)?

[quote name='scol']Just browsed the other $5 items out of curiosity. I liked Ys music from back in the TG16 days. How are those soundtracks (Felghana and 1/2)?[/QUOTE]

I don't have the YS 1/2 soundtrack so I can't vouch for that, but I do have the Felghana soundtrack. It comes with 23 tracks, they are updated versions of the original ones.

I also highly recommend the YS Seven soundtrack, it comes with 27 tracks:

A couple of my favorites from the OST:

[quote name='Vinny']I picked up a TLS LE w/ the music CD. I wanted to pick up a spare copy and since they alone go for $30 used on eBay, $40 for a new copy w/ the CD is an easy decision.[/QUOTE]

How do I add the CD?

[quote name='scol']On checkout, you simply add special instructions to the seller as noted in the OP[/QUOTE]

the button for special instructions was way too small at first

edit: Thanks for the heads up OP, ordered TLS LE w/ the cd

So I bit it and paid $20 in Ys-related items, and added The Last Story CD as a free bonus.

I hope I got this free bonus in time. I know it's a hot commodity.

The Lunar CD has all the tracks from the game, and it's a quality CD for the nostalgia crowd, so that would be your best choice.

[quote name='Starcrest']Do you need to get ragnarok or last story to get a bonus item, or can you add one to any order?[/QUOTE]

I'd assume any game/order? Doesn't really specify, but I ordered rune factory, and asked for the lunar music cd.

Based on what happened last time, you simply need to meet the $20 worth of items requirement to qualify for a bonus. I assume it's one bonus per order (I made separate orders of $20 and a $40 item to get two freebies)

[quote name='Devulture']The Lunar CD has all the tracks from the game, and it's a quality CD for the nostalgia crowd, so that would be your best choice.[/QUOTE]

Thanks deciding between that and Trials of the Skies now, I may have an old LSSSC CD lying around here somewhere, so might go with Trials if its music is any good.

TitS soundtrack is by the FALCOM team. You hardly get bad music out of FALCOM.

[quote name='Blaster man']Is it too late to get the bonus item?
"If you order within the next ten minutes(*)"[/QUOTE]

- "ten minutes" in cheap infomercial time corresponds to 2 weeks real time

Whether you're looking for a classic love story
Are they talking about the Last Story here? I'd be more interested in picking it up if it has a good romance story involved or something.

[quote name='excellen']Are they talking about the Last Story here? I'd be more interested in picking it up if it has a good romance story involved or something.[/QUOTE]

It's not the best romance story, but the main couple have decent enough chemistry to give the romance a pass. Same for the secondary couple.

[quote name='Devulture']It's not the best romance story, but the main couple have decent enough chemistry to give the romance a pass. Same for the secondary couple.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the fence, is the game actually good? I already bought xenoblade chronicles at MSRP and buying a 2nd game at full price is going to make me throw up so is it worth it??

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm on the fence, is the game actually good? I already bought xenoblade chronicles at MSRP and buying a 2nd game at full price is going to make me throw up so is it worth it??[/QUOTE]

$30 isn't a bad price for a game that's only 20 hours long. I'm on the side that didn't like the The Last Story, but there are players who thoroughly enjoyed it, so take that as you will. The battle system will make or break the experience, as the game's built around it.

[quote name='Devulture']$30 isn't a bad price for a game that's only 20 hours long. I'm on the side that didn't like the The Last Story, but there are players who thoroughly enjoyed it, so take that as you will. The battle system will make or break the experience, as the game's built around it.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll go ahead and get it. If I don't like it I should be able to get my money back on eBay anyway. :puke:

TLS blows imo. I stopped playing about halfway through. Playing through Xenoblade right now (few hours in pretty good so far) and wish I didn't bother with TLS at all.

Haha my buddy actually felt the opposite. He liked Last Story better than Xenoblade but w/e. I'll play em both as my backlog allows lol

Might have to bite on those soundtracks. Thanks for your input

I might pick up last story and another item. Can anyone tell me where to find the field to add the extra bonus item comment? I wanted to get a free soundtrack before I completed my checkout process. Thank you in advance

[quote name='malethief']I might pick up last story and another item. Can anyone tell me where to find the field to add the extra bonus item comment? I wanted to get a free soundtrack before I completed my checkout process. Thank you in advance[/QUOTE]

0VjKHqk.png

[quote name='malethief']I might pick up last story and another item. Can anyone tell me where to find the field to add the extra bonus item comment? I wanted to get a free soundtrack before I completed my checkout process. Thank you in advance[/QUOTE]

its during the paypal checkout

[quote name='jrr6415sun']are they still giving a free gift? Has anyone got a shipping confirmation email? How long does it take them to process an order?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it ends March 6th. From my experience it takes around 24-48 hours to process the order and ship. It took about 4-5 business days for me to receive my items once they were shipped out.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']are they still giving a free gift? Has anyone got a shipping confirmation email? How long does it take them to process an order?[/QUOTE]

I ordered Wed. around 7pm est and just received my shipping notification from PayPal about a hour ago.

[quote name='bossman']I ordered Wed. around 7pm est and just received my shipping notification from PayPal about a hour ago.[/QUOTE]

did you get a tracking number? My paypal shipping notification said "no tracking" is that normal?

bread's done
Back