Newegg Xbox 360 250gb w/Forza,Skyrim-$240

My arcade has the tray not ejecting unless i bang it hard alot or struggles to eject now... I love my xbox... Anywhos you think 360 drop big time in the near future i can try my luck waiting a little more. I heard i only need a oring to fix this but sounds intense to replace without opening it. This puppy goes to my mom down the road since she plays only pogo type games and mafia wars. Will get her a netflix sub to.

FNL.... A replacement tray belt should fix that problem. If you eject a disc you should see the belt front-and-center just under the tray.

[quote name='thrifty']FNL.... A replacement tray belt should fix that problem. If you eject a disc you should see the belt front-and-center just under the tray.[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much you saved me there. Does amazon sell them? I can not get visa to work on paypal. They say to contact bank which i did but no luck. TY so much. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::D

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Repla...1467393&sr=8-1&keywords=replacement+tray+belt

This what i need for old model arcade?

[quote name='thrifty']FNL.... A replacement tray belt should fix that problem. If you eject a disc you should see the belt front-and-center just under the tray.[/QUOTE]

Not to derail the thread, but I had a similar issue and after doing some homework on it I found a trick that fixed it.

I opened up my Xbox (warranty was long gone anyway), got into the disc drive, cleaned it out with compressed air. Remove the drive belt. Get a glass of room temp water and a glass of water that has been microwaved for a couple of minutes. Soak the belt in the hot water for about 20-30 seconds, then drop it into the room temp water for about 5-10 seconds. Dry it off. Put it back in.

Worked like a charm.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']Not to derail the thread, but I had a similar issue and after doing some homework on it I found a trick that fixed it.

I opened up my Xbox (warranty was long gone anyway), got into the disc drive, cleaned it out with compressed air. Remove the drive belt. Get a glass of room temp water and a glass of water that has been microwaved for a couple of minutes. Soak the belt in the hot water for about 20-30 seconds, then drop it into the room temp water for about 5-10 seconds. Dry it off. Put it back in.

Worked like a charm.[/QUOTE]
Nice ty but i would have to buy the opening tool. I might buy to just in case the band falls in. If it gets bad before i get new ones will do your trick. I hate for it to snap and cant use until i get new ones.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Nice ty but i would have to buy the opening tool. I might buy to just in case the band falls in. If it gets bad before i get new ones will do your trick. I hate for it to snap and cant use until i get new ones.[/QUOTE]

I didn't need anything beyond a set of screw drivers.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']I didn't need anything beyond a set of screw drivers.[/QUOTE]
Well i figured but 1st time doing it the opening tool would make so simple. I think i bought one when it got bad 4-5 months ago. I will do your method i decided but without opening. Now to find where my ex put my tweezers. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owSmOwGqijM

Still might buy ops deal i want a slim but always put it off for 200 tag but i need min 250gb.

When I removed my 360S from my T.V stand to clean it, I noticed that it rattled. I gently shook it to confirm what I was hearing, yup .. it definitely had an odd sounding rattle. Well, fast forward to later when I tried to play a game, the disc drive was making a grinding sound, and the disc couldn't be read. I opened the drive and gently shook my 360s again and paper/cardboard disc similar to those spacers in CD/DVD spindles fell out. I'm left wondering w.t.f that disc was for and how did it get in there? I hope it wasn't important. Anyhow, everything is working perfect without it, I hope I don't run into trouble in the future. Anyone know what that was?

[quote name='DEADCiTiES']When I removed my 360S from my T.V stand to clean it, I noticed that it rattled. I gently shook it to confirm what I was hearing, yup .. it definitely had an odd sounding rattle. Well, fast forward to later when I tried to play a game, the disc drive was making a grinding sound, and the disc couldn't be read. I opened the drive and gently shook my 360s again and paper/cardboard disc similar to those spacers in CD/DVD spindles fell out. I'm left wondering w.t.f that disc was for and how did it get in there? I hope it wasn't important. Anyhow, everything is working perfect without it, I hope I don't run into trouble in the future. Anyone know what that was?[/QUOTE]
That was so funny! I never seen those in a console or did ps1 have them? Funny stuff.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Well i figured but 1st time doing it the opening tool would make so simple. I think i bought one when it got bad 4-5 months ago. I will do your method i decided but without opening. Now to find where my ex put my tweezers. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owSmOwGqijM

Still might buy ops deal i want a slim but always put it off for 200 tag but i need min 250gb.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, my OG Xbox has that problem. Nice video!

[quote name='Zolor23']Interesting, my OG Xbox has that problem. Nice video![/QUOTE]NP it shows 360 as well seems easy enough. When i start to feel better i will try it.

I'd be on this if there was no tax. Submitted to Amazon and hopefully they will match. it's $268.99 at Amazon right now

[quote name='JP73']I'd be on this if there was no tax. Submitted to Amazon and hopefully they will match. it's $268.99 at Amazon right now[/QUOTE]

With tax this is just out of my price range

bread's done
Back