Gears of War 3: Epic Edition $49.99 at Gamestop

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I went by my local Gamestop tonight and noticed that they finally marked the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (new) down to $49.99. It's also available via online reservation for in-store pickup:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/gears-of-war-3-epic-edition/90535

With Gears of War Judgment just a month away I'm surprised this hasn't been converted to used yet in the system. I'm hoping it does soon since a used standard copy of Gears 3 is $15. This one has been a bit stubborn from converting.

EDIT: Good deal since it comes with the statue. It looks like the ones on ebay were removing the statue without saying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice! thanks op! will check my local gs tom! i think i saw one on top of the shelves with a $119 price tag still.

[quote name='RainFall']Not even a good deal. Several cheaper on ebay w/ ship factored in.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you saw but the cheapest complete new, sealed version under eBay is $85. Then again, I used the official category listing of the EE to check so I suppose you could still be right but the ones at Gamestop haven't been converted to used yet, so these should still be brand new, sealed at your store.

Still have stock at the Gamestop near my house and the 2 Gamestops near my work. Might decide to bite on this but might wait for it to drop a little lower.

[quote name='Donut2922']Not sure what you saw but the cheapest complete new, sealed version under eBay is $85. Then again, I used the official category listing of the EE to check so I suppose you could still be right but the ones at Gamestop haven't been converted to used yet, so these should still be brand new, sealed at your store.[/QUOTE]

i think he confused this with limited edition. this one, epic edition, includes a huge PVC statue.

[quote name='TooPoor']I believe this is the cheapest it has been right? I vaguely recall a TRU sale for the same price.[/QUOTE]

The Rockaway, NJ store has two at $40. I remember seeing it for $80 or so a couple of months ago. Not sure if it's just the Rockaway location.

[quote name='TooPoor']I believe this is the cheapest it has been right? I vaguely recall a TRU sale for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Fry's had the cheapest price at $30 about a month ago. Whenever it gets converted to used, it should be $15 but not sure whether that's going to happen soon or not with GoW: Judgment a month away.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, I was just talking to an employee about this still being $120 just the other day! Seems like a decent deal if you can get one in pristine condition from the back rooms.

If any survive to get converted to used, that would be a spectacular deal!

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Ugg...I don't like the series.......but at that price I want it (and it's in stock at two of my GameStop's) Can't decide :/[/QUOTE]

Do you want to sell or own it?(just remember fees and shipping that SOB) I wouldnt spend 50$ (practically a new game) on something I didn't like.

I was hoping for 20 like MP3

[quote name='Desousa93']Do you want to sell or own it?(just remember fees and shipping that SOB) I wouldnt spend 50$ (practically a new game) on something I didn't like.

I was hoping for 20 like MP3[/QUOTE]

I collect games so just to own it; didn't this originally retail over $100? $50 seems like a good price plus I work at GameStop so I would get 15% off. To buy or not to buy :lol:

what are the chances of them being unopened? i loath going to gs unless im getting something thats worth it. this would look nice next to all my other big box editions but i dont want to drive all over trying to find a sealed one.
im certainly not going to call them and those creatures all worked up. plus they would probably just flat out lie to me.

Bought this last summer at BB for $50 (around the same time Skyrim CEs were also $50). It's a really, really nice collection if you are a fan of the series. As for the statue, if you display it make sure you don't place it on a side viewing angle because it looks like Marcus is taking a dump.

Seriously.... Look at the first image on this page: (I don't know why I can't post an image...)

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/05/gears-of-war-3-limited-and-epic-editions-announced/

So Plaza 35 in Wall NJ has one but it may have water damage. The manager was extremely nice on the phone so I might as well take a look. The sad part is was that it was a SEALED copy!

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Bought this last summer at BB for $50 (around the same time Skyrim CEs were also $50). It's a really, really nice collection if you are a fan of the series. As for the statue, if you display it make sure you don't place it on a side viewing angle because it looks like Marcus is taking a dump.

Seriously.... Look at the first image on this page: (I don't know why I can't post an image...)

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/05/gears-of-war-3-limited-and-epic-editions-announced/[/QUOTE]

Im fan fan of the series. I have fallout nv ce, tron ce, batman ac ce, batman dark knight movie ce batpod, and skyrim ce. (that skyrim ce is nice and so big)

I want this, but kinda hope it drops to $30. With all my ce, man this would take up so much space. To bit or not to bit?

[quote name='The Punisher']Im fan fan of the series. I have fallout nv ce, tron ce, batman ac ce, batman dark knight movie ce batpod, and skyrim ce. (that skyrim ce is nice and so big)

I want this, but kinda hope it drops to $30. With all my ce, man this would take up so much space. To bit or not to bit?[/QUOTE]

The Marcus statue takes up less overall space than Alduin, and of all the ones listed I think it has the overall best extras. The packaging is really nice, the medal and extra backstory content and art book are all really nice. Well worth $50 IMO (which was the price point I jumped in on).

took a chance and went to gs to grab one. they had 8 in valleystream. all but one had been clearly opened with piss poor taping. i grabbed the one i was fairly sure hadnt been opened but it had been stickered to death.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I collect games so just to own it; didn't this originally retail over $100? $50 seems like a good price plus I work at GameStop so I would get 15% off. To buy or not to buy :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well I wish I worked at GS. It's a good value, but the room its going to take up is substantial; and if you open it you'll have a giant statue of a main character from a game you don't like staring at you. So again, to buy or not to buy.

I'm still holding out for a GOTY edition for all the DLC in one solution. Good to know, just in case I decide to bite anyways.

The Gamestop in Wall on Route 35 has a few Epic Editions.

They actually had more editions than the water damaged one!
Got a mint interior one with a little wear on the box!

Nicest Gamestop employees there. Guy was really nice.

Picked up mine at a Gamestop I've never been too. Since it was opened already I told the manager I should get an additional discount as a joke and he did! Took off another 10% and was a pretty nice dude.

Tempted to look for one, I already have a Limited Edition set from launch. I just just sell the limited edition piece and keep the statue....

[quote name='TooPoor']I have never seen them in the store, do they keep all CEs in the back or something?[/QUOTE]

Generally they do. I usually don't get CEs from Gamestop but I remember the Tekken Hybrid CE was locked away in a cabinet(it was thin) and the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE was locked away in the back(it was a sizable box). Due to size this will be locked away in the back and require asking an employee to go get it.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']So Plaza 35 in Wall NJ has one but it may have water damage. The manager was extremely nice on the phone so I might as well take a look. The sad part is was that it was a SEALED copy![/QUOTE]

Remember, in the smaller stores, when their backrooms are too crowded, they sometimes store larger items inside the employee restroom in the back. So guess where that water damage likely came from. Just something to keep in mind!!

For anyone who already owns a copy of the game, it trades in for $5 ($8 for PUR pro members)

bringing the price down to $42.49/41.99 ;) made it easier for me to bite on. lol

Got one, box was pristine and sealed. I don't even have a 360, yet.
Ever since I joined CAG I CANNOT stop collecting statues I don't know why.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Generally they do. I usually don't get CEs from Gamestop but I remember the Tekken Hybrid CE was locked away in a cabinet(it was thin) and the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE was locked away in the back(it was a sizable box). Due to size this will be locked away in the back and require asking an employee to go get it.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of the Tekken CE, I've seen one in my store. Has that been converted to used?

[quote name='Fukurou']Speaking of the Tekken CE, I've seen one in my store. Has that been converted to used?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so. I jumped on it when it dropped to $20 for a new copy. I think it's back up to $30 right now.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Generally they do. I usually don't get CEs from Gamestop but I remember the Tekken Hybrid CE was locked away in a cabinet(it was thin) and the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE was locked away in the back(it was a sizable box). Due to size this will be locked away in the back and require asking an employee to go get it.[/QUOTE]
You are right, they were in the back!

[quote name='trollape74']Picked up mine at a Gamestop I've never been too. Since it was opened already I told the manager I should get an additional discount as a joke and he did! Took off another 10% and was a pretty nice dude.[/QUOTE]

Shop wear discount ask for it.

[quote name='miguelq08']For anyone who already owns a copy of the game, it trades in for $5 ($8 for PUR pro members)

bringing the price down to $42.49/41.99 ;) made it easier for me to bite on. lol[/QUOTE]

Was about to do that then I realized that I bought mine from a garage sale for 3 dollars 2 weeks or so after release. Has a nasty scratch but with an install from my friends disc it worked great for me. The scratch is gnarly enough that it won't fly.

I really do want this. Really, really want this. But I've missed the CE for every Gears so far, so much to my dismay, I should probably wait to scoop them all up on ebay sometime.

... hopefully without dickheads yanking the statues out.

Epic. (Yeah I know I didn't clip the gun right, I am adjusting it...slowly as to not break the gun. After that it will go up in the glass cabinet, which I have to make a room for it now)
PNwg7RG.jpg

Got mine last night , the guys at the store were jealous that I grabbed the last one. The Figure is awesome, I have it next to my Max Payne figure. Sweet

bread's done
Back