Places to sell games?

Atomslayer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Besides craigslist and ebay what are some good places to sell games for reasonable prices? Ideally a laid back atmosphere like the trading forum here, but anywhere where the $$$ is good is good for me.

Thanks!

I recommend you try trade/sell here at CAG.

And if you want a place that isn't Gamestop/Best Buy, look in to any local game places that take trade ins. Often times they want your business so they will take new and old stuff.

I trade local and I feel they give me competitive prices.

When I closed my game center, I had probably close to a thousand pre-played XBox 360, PS3, Wii, and PC games (only sold sealed PC games). Instead of losing my shirt trading in at GameStop, I waited until a comic book/anime/video game convention came through town and rented a couple tables (I think two tables were only $50 or $60) and sold them for far greater money than a trade-in would have given.

I didn't sell everything, but I sold a few lots on eBay and then saved the rest for when GameStop runs their tiered trade-in offers so I'd have plenty of $2+ fodder to pad the trade to get the maximum bonus.

Another option might be to use social media to organize a small event (try to get free space in a public building or a low-cost venue like a Legion Hall or something similar to cut down on overhead) for buying/selling/trading games. With more people involved, it'll draw a better crowd and give you a better chance to move your goods. If you're a college student, there might be free spaces on campus that would allow this activity (with permission, of course).

Used to be I would recommend Amazon, but I've had some bad experiences selling there over the past year. One problem is their buyer-centric return policies that they force you to abide by. Basically I sold something to someone who then just decided he didn't want it & returned it, and by the time I got it back the value had severely dropped.

More recently, just last week in fact, I sold a copy of Vanquish to someone. It sold on Monday night I believe, I didn't have a box handy so I grabbed one at work Tues & had my wife drop it in the mail on Weds - well within the timeframe they give you to ship. Before I could get home from work to mark it as shipped & give them the Delivery Conf. #, they requested a cancellation because "they hadn't seen any shipping progress". :whistle2:| I informed them that it had already been shipped & gave them the info, so now I'm just hoping they don't return the thing.

Half.com

It's my #1 go-to spot when I have a game of value to sell. Look over all of the listings/prices for the game and list it for a bit less (buck or two) than the lowest comparable (or higher) with an accurate description and it should sell within a week every time if it has any sort of demand.

I suggest amazon.com as well, you can try it here, but this is cheap ass gamer, so you arent going to get any real value for your games here. someone here will offer you a price because it was a lightning deal at that price 6 months ago. amazon will beat the prices down too, and other sellers will undercut you but I would say just put it at a price you are comfortable at and see how it goes. Also it helps if your games are in great condition and complete and you check the other sellers conditions. if you can sell at
"like new" you could probably get a couple bucks more than the lowest used price on amazon with a lower rated condition.

bread's done
Back