Xbox Ultimate Game Sale Feb. 26th-March 4th It's on!

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Use Caffeinefree post for information http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10507438&postcount=1
He's done an amazing job listing, detailing and researching.

One day sale March 1st Canada link
Mortal Kombat $19.99 Save 60%
Mortal Kombat vs. DCU $4.99 Save 75%
Street Fighter IV $9.99 Save 50%
Street Fighter X Tekken $19.99 Save 50%
Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition $9.99 Save 67%
Tekken 6 $9.99 Save 50%
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $19.99 Save 60%
The King of Fighters XIII $9.99 Save 67%

Yesterday's One day sale is still alive today due to it getting put up so late.

Batman Arkham Asylum $9.99 Save 67%
Fallout 3 $4.99 Save 67%
Max Payne 3 $14.99 Save 63%
Left for Dead 2 $9.99 Save 67%
Metal Gear Solid HD $9.99 Save 60%
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker $9.99 Save 50%
Orange Box $9.99 Save 50%
Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution $9.99 Save 67%

On sale Feb 26 – Mar 4

Dirt 2 $4.99 83% off
GRID $9.99
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements $2.99 85% off
Rayman Raving Rabbids $2.99 85% off
TCs. HAWX $4.99 75% off
Rainbow Six Vegas $4.99 75%
Kane & Lynch Dead Men $4.99 75%
Call of Juarez $4.99 75% off
Tomb Raider Legend $14.99
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter $4.99 75% off
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 $4.99 75% off
Virtua Fighter 5 $4.99 75% off
Bioshock $4.99 75% off
El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron $2.99 85% off
The Darkness $4.99 75% off

Funny freebie Duck Dynasty Season 1 & 2 is free, I saw it on the dash board.

Starting February 26, 2013 and running through March 4th. Over 60 Xbox 360 Games on Demand titles will be on sale up to 85%. It's for for silver and gold members. Each day, a different set of titles will be on sale. You can follow MajorNelson's twitter account for the announcements. Info here: http://majornelson.com/2013/02/22/the-xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale/

Some of the titles you can expect to see on sale:

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham city
Bioshock
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Brotherhood (Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood)
Call of Juarez
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Code Veronica
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements
Dead Island
Dirt 2
Dishonored
El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron
Fable III
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 New Vegas
GRID
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Kane & Lynch Dead Men
Left for Dead 2
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat vs. DCU
Orange Box
Portal 2
Raccoon City
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Red Dead Redemption
Revelations (Assassin’s Creed Revelations)
Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition
TC’s H.A.W.X.
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
The Darkness
The King of Fighters XIII
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Tomb Raider Legend
Virtua Fighter 5
World at War (Call of Duty: World at War)

*Content availability and pricing may vary by region

Last edited by a moderator:
So this means two things:

1. The Xbox 720 will not be backwards compatible. (which I'm cool with, I'll still be using my 360 for years to come)
Demand titles will be on sale up to 75% off with some as much as 85% off.
That is not a proper sentence.

Seriously though, it seems like a bit of an odd list. Portal 2, Assassin's Creed, Streetfighter IV and Borderlands seem good, but like why not just list everything? I may want to pick up a game I forgot about that's a year or two old.

[quote name='feelgoodinc']but like why not just list everything?[/QUOTE]
That should be obvious, to make you look everyday. If you're actually sitting there looking and capable of hitting that splurge purchase you're far more likely to bite. Not to mention anything they pre-announce will get zero sales till it hits the discount. You may get mad at them if you happen to pay full price, and then your purchase price drops, but then you'll think "Gee, I should check this sale everyday". Virtually every logical argument is in favor of them just giving a partial list.

[quote name='feelgoodinc']2. That is not a proper sentence.[/QUOTE]

It is if you post the whole sentence and not just a fragment of it. Let's not nitpick, when we should be thanking Zelda for the head's up.

Thank you, Zelda. :)

[quote name='Lukeweizer']I'm scared to buy any On Demand games because my 360 hard drive space is already so limited.[/QUOTE]
Just buy it when the sale is on and then download it later whenever you want it/have the HD room.

Was tempted to grab Bioshock as so many people rave about it, but the demo really didn't do anything to sell me. Really wish the Devil May Cry HD collection was on this list. I've even been having trouble finding it in stores.

Dirt 2 came up as $2.99 for me when I paid with paypal. Great deal for one of the best rally racing games I've ever played.

Be careful when buying games with Microsoft Points, since they haven't always lined up with the dollar amount. I purchased The Darkness for 440 MSP and realized afterwards that it should have been 360 MSP. Microsoft customer support claims to be unable to refund me the amount I paid.

[quote name='Skinkybob']Be careful when buying games with Microsoft Points, since they haven't always lined up with the dollar amount. I purchased The Darkness for 440 MSP and realized afterwards that it should have been 360 MSP. Microsoft customer support claims to be unable to refund me the amount I paid.[/QUOTE]

The person you talked to is incorrect, they can, try harder the mistake is theirs.

Whenever I paid with MSP for games on demand the price has been lower then the US MSP price. I just figured it's lower because we get less points on our cards for the $20-$40.

Yeah, yesterday, El Shaddai was 440 or 480 MS points and now it's 200 points. I just bought El Shaddai and Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Major Nelson also confirmed today that the big main list of games is going to remain on sale through the end of the sale, with the "headliners" changing each day. So the Halo games that were on sale yesterday were one day only. Today's games are Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Bro, & Rev for 50% off each.

I'll probably snag CV. 4 should really be cheaper. I know I bought my points around half price, but still, it's a really old game now.

ORC dropped to $5 for a used copy at BB in the States the other week. Obviously they aren't that price up here. But Goozex and such were flooded with them, you could grab a 1000 point game from a Zellers bin for ~$7 to get one from there.

I'm tempted to buy RE5, but you can find a physical copy of the Gold Edition for $20 and that comes with all of the DLC.

[quote name='Skinkybob']I'm tempted to buy RE5, but you can find a physical copy of the Gold Edition for $20 and that comes with all of the DLC.[/QUOTE]

I should point out that I didn't really care for the tweaks to the main game that came with the Gold Edition, they added some deaths which I found cheap/annoying. Of course there's stuff other than the main game that made the Gold Edition worthwhile. Also it should be well known that the Gold Edition on the 360 was the regular disc with a DLC code, so you can't get a used copy. I'm not too sure how readily available new 360 copies still are.

Considering all the caveats on RE5, it really should be $5. I've seen regular copies selling under $10 plenty of times...

Amazon.ca still has some. I don't know if the DLC is actually worth it, but I always feel compelled to pick up the DLC for games that I own to get the "full" experience.

Cheap beans on Fable 3. For $10 i would've snagged it, but for $30... no thanks. I wonder if I can use my "American" account to buy it but still play it on my regular account.

Yeah, some of the differences between the American and Canadian prices are ridiculous. I would have picked up Fable III as well, but not for $30. That's the cheapest I've seen Portal 2 though.

[quote name='Korahn']Cheap beans on Fable 3. For $10 i would've snagged it, but for $30... no thanks. I wonder if I can use my "American" account to buy it but still play it on my regular account.[/QUOTE]

You can. Once you buy it on your US account and download it to your 360 then the game becomes registered to that particular machine. So any account logged into that particular 360 can then play the game.

Meh. Everytime I try to add a payment method it wants a valid address and if that address doesn't match, then the payment may or may not go through. Not worth all the hassle. Fable 3 will go for cheap somewhere someday.

Some deals us Canadians are getting : Max Payne 3 at $40, Left 4 Dead 2 at $ 30, Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 at $ 25 and Peace Walker at $ 20.

Is there a mistake in the pricing or we're stuck with those "deals" ?

[quote name='ErBoProxy']Some deals us Canadians are getting : Max Payne 3 at $40, Left 4 Dead 2 at $ 30, Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 at $ 25 and Peace Walker at $ 20.

Is there a mistake in the pricing or we're stuck with those "deals" ?[/QUOTE]

Weird, Max Payne 3 is showing up as $15 and those others are $10.

These "Ultimate Sales" really don't seem to apply to Canada it seems. Well, $5 for Bioshock - may as well.

[quote name='Korahn']These "Ultimate Sales" really don't seem to apply to Canada it seems. Well, $5 for Bioshock - may as well.[/QUOTE]
They do on the Dashboard, just not on Xbox.com/en-Ca

All of the sales are much better if you pay with Microsoft points instead of credit card. For example: $15 games show as 1040 points, $10 = 680, $5 = 360 and some of the $3 games show as 200. Some of the games like Max Payne 3 don't even show the sale price unless you switch to points. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Canada gets Dirt 2 for cheaper than US as well. It's showing as $3.

[quote name='dotCody']They do on the Dashboard, just not on Xbox.com/en-Ca[/QUOTE]

The prices are still different on a number of them than they are for US. Some of these "sales" are no cheaper than hopping over to Wal-Mart and grabbing the game from the bargain bins.

My theory is that Xbox live is preparing for their own version of PS+'s instant game collection. So this is a last ditch effort to cash in as much as possible on all of these bargain bin titles before they start phasing them into the game collection.

The Mortal Kombat sale today is a joke. That game is $20 in stores, it should be $10 on a digital download sale.

[quote name='anikan72']The Mortal Kombat sale today is a joke. That game is $20 in stores, it should be $10 on a digital download sale.[/QUOTE]

If that. I told myself I'd pick it up for $4.99-5.99.

MK is a pretty good fighting game. It was the first one I'd played since the arcade days. Lots of content and is fun just for nostalgia's sake.

I picked it up just after it came out on a $40 FS sale...then sold the included Reptile classic costume code on ebay for $60...

Ahh...stupid people, the funny thing is that they released the classic costume pack a few weeks later for $10.

I gotta say, this was a bad sale. I'm not sure how they can classify it as 'Ultimate'. I'll give them credit for $2.99 games, but more games that are 5 years old+ need to be at this price - permanently - for digital download type copies. If you want the disc, I understand a $4.99 price tag for old games. Even $4.99 was nice to see, but to me it feels like this should be a much more common occurrence.

I guess I'm also jaded because of the sale prices that some games have already been out at and then they get jacked back up for months, only to finally be dropped back down to reality and they call this a 'sale'. Max Payne 3 being $5 cheaper than it was 3 months ago isn't an 'ultimate' sale.

[quote name='Stanger31']I gotta say, this was a bad sale.[/QUOTE]

El Shaddai for $2.49 made the whole sale worth it for me. Sales like this, I'm impressed if I manage to get anything out of them.

bread's done
Back