Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (Wii) 11.59 Amazon.com

I've got three copies from a 2011 Best Buy sale that were $8 apiece. I'd love to sell them for profit at this point, but nobody is buying mine. Bastards.

[quote name='Blade']I've got three copies from a 2011 Best Buy sale that were $8 apiece. I'd love to sell them for profit at this point, but nobody is buying mine. Bastards.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you shouldn't have hoarded the copies to begin with

Bastard

^You can try PMing Fry's at Best Buy once they start their new Price Matching Policy next week. I wonder if they would for this game because it say available in-store only.

Not as good as the original but still worth it. WAY too long and drawn out though. Arcade-y games can benefit from shorter levels and tighter pacing.

Neverdead was a bit like Cursed Crusade. Polished to the nth degree with great voice acting, charming writing, and just a lot of love thrown into it.

And like Cursed Crusade a boring, buggy mess of crap gameplay. Do not buy Neverdead because you'll WANT to like it because it almost makes a story you want to see through but the gameplay is so dreadful that it isn't worth it. Don't tempt yourself.

[quote name='usagi']^You can try PMing Fry's at Best Buy once they start their new Price Matching Policy next week. I wonder if they would for this game because it say available in-store only.[/QUOTE]
What's this new policy you're talking about? I've seen some people talking about it around. Is it that starting next week you can price match Fry's or only for stuff that says in-store only? Slightly confused..

[quote name='n64ra']Yea, $11.59 is pretty high at this point. Totally worth it at $5.[/QUOTE]
Are you joking? It's a good game at $50. Fantastic at the $33 I paid near it's launch!
I know we are all on this site to save money, but it breaks my heart to see such a fantastic game sale for so low, especially when you consider the fact that a NSMB title Nintendo farts out in a few months can sell a million so easily. Sin and Punishment SS is probably my favorite Wii title ever (aside from Metroid Prime Trilogy of course), and it deserved to sale. The nonsensical story and small amount of content really was the only real flaw, the gameplay itself was perfect, and I've probably replayed it more than any other game in my collection.

Damn it hurts knowing we'll never get another Sin and Punishment game again. I really, really don't understand why this game didn't sale when the VC Sin and Punishment apparently did so well.

[quote name='Namurashi']What's this new policy you're talking about? I've seen some people talking about it around. Is it that starting next week you can price match Fry's or only for stuff that says in-store only? Slightly confused..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, clarification would be great. Fry's has been on fire lately, but I rarely get my local BB to price match it because we don't have one in our state. If there's a chance I can price match $30 Luigi's Mansion, and those $10 Wii games, I'll be very happy.

[quote name='usagi']The big changes are Price matching for select online/local stores can only be done at purchase or post purchase if Best Buy's price changes in 15 days. The return policy is 15 days or 60 for Silver members.

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-buy-new-price-matching-policy-2013-2[/QUOTE]
I see Fry's.com is on that list. Does that mean that, even if there isn't a Fry's in my state, that they will still pricematch anything in the ad or on their website?

[quote name='rcerboss']I see Fry's.com is on that list. Does that mean that, even if there isn't a Fry's in my state, that they will still pricematch anything in the ad or on their website?[/QUOTE]
I hope for both the ad and website because I'm also out of state in NY. Guess we'll find out next week after people try to pricematch.

TC this will go lower

Clearly, this game should cost 5 bones tops. I can not believe there are human/subhumans out there who paid 50 blades for this game

[quote name='usagi']I hope for both the ad and website because I'm also out of state in NY. Guess we'll find out next week after people try to pricematch.[/QUOTE]
Eh, that doesn't do me any good, Fry's got some great sales but they are all in this week's ad. I wasn't very fond of Rhythem Heaven, but I'd pick up Rhythem Heaven Fever for $10. FortuneStreet or w/e it's called is a coin toss at $10 too. And I got Bulletstorm from BB's Gamer Mag last March, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, I'd consider dropping $10 for the LE copy and giving away the one I bought last year as a gift. If I can get BB to price match a Luigi's Mansion pre-order for $30 I will certainly consider it too, even though I know I can get it slightly cheaper if I wait.

Hopefully they will continue advertising Luigi's Mansion and Monster Hunter 3 since that's not even out for another month. I don't care much about the other games I listed anyways, and I'm not willing to pay $40 for either of those games, but I may just bite if I can get them at $30.

[quote name='chunlirocks']TC this will go lower

Clearly, this game should cost 5 bones tops. I can not believe there are human/subhumans out there who paid 50 blades for this game[/QUOTE]
I have to question if you've ever even played the game. Aside from the nonsense story that barely had anything to do with the original title, and the addmittedly short length of the game, S&P SS was a fantastic experience. I've heard other people complain about the brutal difficulty but that's why easy mode is there, I've had no problem getting through the highest difficulty without dying any until the final level :/

Treasure developed games are (typically) an arcade junkie's dream, and S&P2 is no different. The only thing I can fault it's gameplay for is the somewhat disjointed co-op mode, but as a score chasing single player experience, the game is top-notch. I got it for $5 last year, but for enthusiasts it is easily worth $20 or more for the play time you'd get out of it.

For the general CAG though, I would wait until $5, just because that seems to be the precedent so far, no real bearing on its quality as a game, which is as mentioned is quite high (barring the laughable cutscenes, though).

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Treasure developed games are (typically) an arcade junkie's dream, and S&P2 is no different. The only thing I can fault it's gameplay for is the somewhat disjointed co-op mode, but as a score chasing single player experience, the game is top-notch. I got it for $5 last year, but for enthusiasts it is easily worth $20 or more for the play time you'd get out of it.

For the general CAG though, I would wait until $5, just because that seems to be the precedent so far, no real bearing on its quality as a game, which is as mentioned is quite high (barring the laughable cutscenes, though).[/QUOTE]
It's regularly $5 or less. This is a little high.

I thought the cutscenes were quite nice for what they tried. The voice actors all have great delivery and manage to keep a sort of glib charm to them.

That said, I think S&P2 is actually pretty poor for a score chaser. Arcade junkies are used to 30 minute games with next to no downtime. That's not to say S&P2 is badly paced (In places it can be but this isn't Sine Mora or R-Type Final) but the levels all run WAY too long to be a great arcade score chaser. 1ccing it would be an absurd undertaking, not impossible, but LONG.

THAT SAID, it's an absolute delight if you like the arcade shooter style. I need to play it again. Just remember to take advantage of the control rebinding. You really, really need shoot, jump, and melee (Evade too, maybe. Forget what the button list was.) on buttons at least. GOOD buttons, REAL buttons, not one or two. Work with it until you have control.

[quote name='rcerboss']I see Fry's.com is on that list. Does that mean that, even if there isn't a Fry's in my state, that they will still pricematch anything in the ad or on their website?[/QUOTE]

Those ads are regional so they may not match those. And as far as the website, I can tell you that sale items can sell out quickly and will no longer be available for shipping. If Best Buy's new policy has the same stipulation that the item must be in-stock, they can deny you on those grounds, so ymmv.

[quote name='RollingSkull']It's regularly $5 or less. This is a little high.

I thought the cutscenes were quite nice for what they tried. The voice actors all have great delivery and manage to keep a sort of glib charm to them.

That said, I think S&P2 is actually pretty poor for a score chaser. Arcade junkies are used to 30 minute games with next to no downtime. That's not to say S&P2 is badly paced (In places it can be but this isn't Sine Mora or R-Type Final) but the levels all run WAY too long to be a great arcade score chaser. 1ccing it would be an absurd undertaking, not impossible, but LONG.

THAT SAID, it's an absolute delight if you like the arcade shooter style. I need to play it again. Just remember to take advantage of the control rebinding. You really, really need shoot, jump, and melee (Evade too, maybe. Forget what the button list was.) on buttons at least. GOOD buttons, REAL buttons, not one or two. Work with it until you have control.[/QUOTE]

Uh, what? I haven't played the game in several months because I haven't transferred my Wii data to WiiU yet, but I am pretty certain that everything besides pointing/aiming on the screen and moving your character IS tied to a button. Dodging and jumping certainly is, and IIRC melee attacks were mapped to the fire button (just like in the original S&P). I don't know what you mean by "real buttons", I don't think any game on Wii runs on imaginary buttons.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Not as good as the original but still worth it. WAY too long and drawn out though. Arcade-y games can benefit from shorter levels and tighter pacing.[/QUOTE]

Lolwut. The sequel destroys the original. Being able to point rather than use a a stick for arcade type shooting game is a pretty big deal.

Actually, you're right. S&P2 is outstanding and shines out over the original in most ways. I am a little nostalgic for the original because it has a bunch of cooler moments and fights that are not really duplicated in the sequel but the brief moments don't change the fact that S&P2 as a package is a better game.

Sorry, got a bit too misty eyed remembering that ship level and bosses.

Also, I remember now the button issue: Jump is pointless because you have free flight with the stick. You NEED melee, dodge, shot, and lock on all on buttons that you don't have to stretch for. That means A, B, C, Z. That's four commands, four buttons. Chuck jump on a useless button like D pad down or 1 or 2.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Actually, you're right. S&P2 is outstanding and shines out over the original in most ways. I am a little nostalgic for the original because it has a bunch of cooler moments and fights that are not really duplicated in the sequel but the brief moments don't change the fact that S&P2 as a package is a better game.

Sorry, got a bit too misty eyed remembering that ship level and bosses.

Also, I remember now the button issue: Jump is pointless because you have free flight with the stick. You NEED melee, dodge, shot, and lock on all on buttons that you don't have to stretch for. That means A, B, C, Z. That's four commands, four buttons. Chuck jump on a useless button like D pad down or 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

If all you care about is getting through the game, then yes, jump is almost useless. However, you lose points for flying, and that's where the jump button comes in. Taking to the air is always better than taking a hit, but you get more points for staying on the ground. And IIRC it takes you a second or so to fly off the ground, while jumping is instantanious.

I never had any problems controlling the game at all, and I never felt any of the buttons (except for 1 and 2, but does this game even use them on default?) were difficult to reach. Of course you can remap the controls anyway you want, and use any controller you want, so it really is a moot point.

I do admit I never tried playing this game with the Wii Zapper, so if by some off chance that is what you meant then I don't doubt that it's a bitch. I don't know what Nintendo was thinking when they designed that PoS

[quote name='rcerboss']Are you joking? It's a good game at $50. Fantastic at the $33 I paid near it's launch!
I know we are all on this site to save money, but it breaks my heart to see such a fantastic game sale for so low, especially when you consider the fact that a NSMB title Nintendo farts out in a few months can sell a million so easily.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not joking at all. Saving money is top priority. Since the price has dipped to $5, $12 is high at this point. For other games like NSMB, $12 can be a great price.

bread's done
Back