Skylanders Giants Swarm charcter only $2.99 at amazon

This is a nice deal but my interest for skylanders died when activision tried rereleasing the 1st versions and bundled them with the new ones in 3 packs. I collected everyone from the 1st game by buying 3 packs to save money. i certainly won't be double dipping on figures i already own. So I just boycotted the 2nd game and I know a lot of people done the same.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']...i certainly won't be double dipping on figures i already own. So I just boycotted the 2nd game and I know a lot of people done the same.[/QUOTE]

Now would probably be a good time to end your boycott. Besides, Giants is a much better game than the first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Well, that's certainly cheap. Price mistake I'd guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say no. Swarm is the only figure that every store has in stock. Told my son that only way I'll buy Swarm if it goes on clearance for a dollar. Might just have to pick it up and get it over with.

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm going to say no. Swarm is the only figure that every store has in stock. Told my son that only way I'll buy Swarm if it goes on clearance for a dollar. Might just have to pick it up and get it over with.[/QUOTE]

You may be right. Swarm is either really unpopular or tremendously over produced. I don't know why. Seems cool to me. All the Giants seem pretty cool.

Swarm is my favorite character. Leveled all the way up, he's pretty badass! (Flight path)

Anyways I ordered one for my brother out in CA. He just bought giants for his daughters bday so they'll be surprised when it just shows up there on Wednesday.

I wasn't planning on getting Swarm, but $3 is less than I've paid for any of my other Skylanders figures. The only bad part is that now I'll probably end up buying Hot Head too; since he'd be the last of the 8 giants. I really wish they'd have made something different for the fire Giant.

I'm also pretty happy about the battle pack for $10 as well. I've wanted Shroomboom since the game was released, but there was no way I was going to pay $20 just to get him. Thanks to the folks that mentioned both of them.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I've wanted Shroomboom since the game was released, but there was no way I was going to pay $20 just to get him. Thanks to the folks that mentioned both of them.[/QUOTE]

Think early this month they have the Shroomboom light core for 10.99 in most stores. Only saw it once at Target last week.

At this point there should be a dedicated Skylanders deal thread somewhere. Hope this is still live when I get home from work in a couple hours.

The "Zap - Scorpion Striker - Hot Dog" battle pack is now in stock at Amazon too, MSRP $24.99. Finally an end to the scalping & reselling.

[quote name='apterous']The "Zap - Scorpion Striker - Hot Dog" battle pack is now in stock at Amazon too, MSRP $24.99. Finally an end to the scalping & reselling.[/QUOTE]

Here is the link for the Scorpion Striker, good luck for those of you wanted one.

I think Amazon is doing this because Swarm doesn't sell as well as the others and they have a large surplus of them. In a box of Skylanders large characters, you get 2 Swarm characters, 2 Hotheads, 1 Bouncer, and 1 Crusher. The Target I work for has nothing but about 30-40 Swarm characters on the shelf. Everyone likes Hothead and by retail boxes only having 1 Bouncer and 1 Crusher, Swarm characters pile up.

[quote name='apterous']The "Zap - Scorpion Striker - Hot Dog" battle pack is now in stock at Amazon too, MSRP $24.99. Finally an end to the scalping & reselling.[/QUOTE]

hahaha..he said END..HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA..oh man...think i just got a 6-pack from that joke..thanks for that

Thanks OP and revsmitty, in for a Swarm and Shroomboom 3-pack.:D. Four figures for price of one Giant, got to love CAG and the linked sites placing items on sale.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Couldn't refuse at that price. My first Skylanders figure purchase. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Won't be your last... Mwahhahahaha! No but seriously...

I have seen this package at my local Best Buy as well. 5 or six of them . It might be YMMV because at others I did not see them while looking for .99 PSP/PS2 games.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The only bad part is that now I'll probably end up buying Hot Head too; since he'd be the last of the 8 giants. I really wish they'd have made something different for the fire Giant.
[/QUOTE]

Were you able to get a Ninjini? I didn't think that giant was ever produced and released.

I can't believe anybody who has SG hasn't gotten Swarm yet, he's the only one thats been available by the hundreds in stores everywhere. I will be picking up Sonic Boom 2 and the $9.99 3-pack though.

[quote name='rjejr']Were you able to get a Ninjini? I didn't think that giant was ever produced and released.

I can't believe anybody who has SG hasn't gotten Swarm yet, he's the only one thats been available by the hundreds in stores everywhere. I will be picking up Sonic Boom 2 and the $9.99 3-pack though.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for the Ninjini release date. As you stated the reason I haven't picked up Swarm is because it's available everywhere and don't feel the need to pick it up right away. Not sure if this is because over production or people prefer the other Giants.

[quote name='rjejr']Were you able to get a Ninjini? I didn't think that giant was ever produced and released.

I can't believe anybody who has SG hasn't gotten Swarm yet, he's the only one thats been available by the hundreds in stores everywhere. I will be picking up Sonic Boom 2 and the $9.99 3-pack though.[/QUOTE]
No, it hasn't been released yet. What I was saying was that I had no intention of buying either Hot Head or Swarm. I originally only planned to get Thumpback, Eye Brawl, and Ninjini - but after getting the store exclusives (Legendary Bouncer and Granite Crusher), and now a $3 Swarm, it would feel awkward having 7 out of 8 giants.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']This is a nice deal but my interest for skylanders died when activision tried rereleasing the 1st versions and bundled them with the new ones in 3 packs. I collected everyone from the 1st game by buying 3 packs to save money. i certainly won't be double dipping on figures i already own. So I just boycotted the 2nd game and I know a lot of people done the same.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'll get all the Giants (well...my 6 year old will) and I'll probably get all the new guys, with 1-2 lightcores mixed in. Game is lots of fun, but I'm not dropping $400 to get all the guys again, when they work in Giants anyway. That one tweaked me a bit. It's fascinating to see Activision "Music" Hero Skylanders into the ground so fast. You'd think they learned a lesson. Maybe it was milk the ever living shit out of something as hard as you can, so you can shut down the studio. Real lack of longterm vision IMO.

Oh...I should have said, me too except for the boycott. I'm loving Giants.

I couldn't help but order these this morning. Now I just need to find a good deal on the Giants kit...

bread's done
Back