Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland ($17.95 FS) Game Deal Daily

This game will not play on a NA 3DS, I don't remember much from the game except from just being out there. I'm guessing this was the reason it completely skipped NA, this is a great price for it though.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just tested it, Vigilante is right, I assumed DS games didn't work since the 3DS is region locked. I just didn't want anybody to buy it and not be able to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']This game will not play on a NA 3DS, I don't remember much from the game except from just being out there. I'm guessing this was the reason it completely skipped NA, this is a great price for it though.[/QUOTE]Wait, it won't? It's a :ds: game, not a :3ds: game. I can play UK :ds: games on my 3DS without issue (e.g., Last Window). :???:

[quote name='skiizim']This game will not play on a NA 3DS, I don't remember much from the game except from just being out there. I'm guessing this was the reason it completely skipped NA, this is a great price for it though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the clarification my friend was about to buy it but he doesn't have his original DS anymore.

Awesome, thanks OP. This would've TOTALLY been my buddy's joke birthday gift but alas he has a 3DS only. We're still going to laugh our asses off over it though.

I find it kind of bizarre that some import games will work on North American 3DS systems. I just booted up Last Window: Secret of Cape West on my 3DS XL and it works fine.

(It looks like a PS1 game being played on a big screen television. I can notice the blurry pixels of the DS game. :whistle2:( )

Anyway, I would so jump on this if Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland deal was being offered through Amazon. Never bought anything from Game Deal Daily before.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer'] Never bought anything from Game Deal Daily before.[/QUOTE]
I just ordered the Year of PS+ and Blu Ray remote deal, I had no trouble with my order.

[quote name='Vigilante']Wait, it won't? It's a :ds: game, not a :3ds: game. I can play UK :ds: games on my 3DS without issue (e.g., Last Window). :???:[/QUOTE]

So, so, so, sorry, it does play on a 3DS, I just tested it out.

I think I'm going blind in my old age but is this for a new copy?

I think I might have to grab this, excellent price.

Edit: NM, it says it right there in the description. :lol:

[quote name='jedimario']So will this come with box and instructions or what?[/QUOTE]Well, it says "new" and you aren't buying from Gamestop, so I'd say yes. ;)

[quote name='jedimario']So will this come with box and instructions or what?[/QUOTE]

That is generally what new games come with, yes.

I'm tempted by this but after hearing all of the horror stories about Game Deal Daily over the years I figure I should just save myself the hassle and not order it.

[quote name='LordVila']I'm tempted by this but after hearing all of the horror stories about Game Deal Daily over the years I figure I should just save myself the hassle and not order it.[/QUOTE]

Oh god...please elaborate so I can feel bad about spending $17.95 on this...I'm ready.

Meh I own every single zelda game so i might as well own the spinoff. UK or not as long as it works no one of my many DS systems i'm good.

[quote name='Vigilante']Well, it says "new" and you aren't buying from Gamestop, so I'd say yes. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I couldn't find the condition even though it's right there in the middle of the page :p

Please remember folks, this is an import game so it will come in a weird clear white case that is slightly fatter than a normal DS case.

I can't believe they're offering this at such a great price. I was one of the lucky few to get it from Goozex. It's my favorite game that I'll most likely never play in my entire DS collection.

i think this is dead, i tried adding to cart and nothing happened, just got sent back to home, then added a random game to check my cart and tingle wasn't there

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I find it kind of bizarre that some import games will work on North American 3DS systems. I just booted up Last Window: Secret of Cape West on my 3DS XL and it works fine.

(It looks like a PS1 game being played on a big screen television. I can notice the blurry pixels of the DS game. :whistle2:( )

Anyway, I would so jump on this if Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland deal was being offered through Amazon. Never bought anything from Game Deal Daily before.[/QUOTE]

It's not 100% compatibility. Since the North American 3DS has fewer language options than Europe, you won't be able to play your Last Window: Secret of Cape West using either German or Italian.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']i think this is dead, i tried adding to cart and nothing happened, just got sent back to home, then added a random game to check my cart and tingle wasn't there[/QUOTE]Well, yeah, not to sound jerkish, but the site's called Game Deal Daily for a reason.

[quote name='Vigilante']Well, yeah, not to sound jerkish, but the site's called Game Deal Daily for a reason.[/QUOTE]

haha thought it was wierd that when i clicked add to cart, the only thing that happened was the page reloaded to generic exercise game kinect LXIX or whatever. sucks, it doesnt even exist on their store page, would have loved to get this from a US shipper, guess ill lookout on ebay in the next few days for some copies. It's 29.99 on amazon, but after seeing the $17.95 price point, it seems like too much.

So did everyone who bought one supposedly get theirs today? I ordered the 25th, no shipping confirmation or anything through paypal, and didn't receive today.

I got mine yesterday, I don't think I ever got anything confirming my order or telling me it was shipped either.

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']So did everyone who bought one supposedly get theirs today? I ordered the 25th, no shipping confirmation or anything through paypal, and didn't receive today.[/QUOTE]

It's coming from Michigan via USPS, so depending where you live it could still be a few days. I live a little north of Chicago.

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']It's coming from Michigan via USPS, so depending where you live it could still be a few days. I live a little north of Chicago.[/QUOTE]

Raleigh, NC, not too far. But eh hopefully it'll be here by Monday. Then I'll be worried.

ok so my game came in... buttt is the game in english? UK version should still be english right? Cuz the box has no english words except for the game title... and if its not in english i dont want to open it in case it can be returned. has anyone got theirs and opened it and played it and its in english or can be selected for english? Thanks in advance

Edit: Of course the link here on CAG doesn't goto it anymore so I cant recall if the box art on the site had this same german language on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GrimmTrixX']ok so my game came in... buttt is the game in english? UK version should still be english right? Cuz the box has no english words except for the game title... and if its not in english i dont want to open it in case it can be returned. has anyone got theirs and opened it and played it and its in english or can be selected for english? Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

If you look at the graphic on the upper right corner of the back, it says 5 languages and has the Union Jack. My copy is packaged the same as yours and is in full English.

Ok thanks! Where i live its easy for ups and fedex packages to be stolen. But now i know it will arrive through usps, i dont have to worry.

I haven't gotten mine yet, but my friend got his on Wednesday. :whistle2:/ Should I be worried or try and get in touch with the guy?

[quote name='dstan']I haven't gotten mine yet, but my friend got his on Wednesday. :whistle2:/ Should I be worried or try and get in touch with the guy?[/QUOTE]

I also have not received mine. I do have a wife and three kids along with in-laws, so it's possible it was misplaced, but I don't think it was ever delivered. Perhaps Tingle will sell me information as to where he's hiding.

[quote name='dstan']I haven't gotten mine yet, but my friend got his on Wednesday. :whistle2:/ Should I be worried or try and get in touch with the guy?[/QUOTE]

email the guy - he will send you the tracking number

bread's done
Back