Bi, gay, lesbian cag group

snakemaster2389

CAG Newbie
So, this thread is of course for cags who are gay, bi and lesbians. Just thought I put this up here and see if there's alot of other cags who are gay or bi or maybe curious or confused. I don't have any real life friends so thought this would be the ideal place. Hope this gets taken seriously and not just a joke or anything. I am bi but no one really knows that yet so if your in the same boat as me or if you are gay, then this our place to chat and maybe meet some new friends and have fun. Let's all play nice also :D

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I could try that, but the groups are hardly active anymore.[/QUOTE]Just offering up a suggestion, nothing more.

Activity of the group is dictated by its members, so if you have active members, it'll be an active group.

I'm straight too, and I think the OP likes CAG and is trying to make Bi-Les-Gay-CAG-Friends :)

Good luck, nobody deserves to feel lonely!

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I could try that, but the groups are hardly active anymore.[/QUOTE]

Don't mind Shrike, he's just trying to herd you off into a corner before you rise up.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Straight guy here but I'm trying to figure out the purpose of your thread. I mean, what do you post about within this thread?[/QUOTE]

The purpose of the thread is exactly what the OP said it was: a way to connect with other LBGT gamers because his/her social network IRL is kinda too small for that kind of thing especially since he/she hasn't come out yet. It's a way to share experiences, finding a community, and maybe some support.

There are plenty of threads asking for advice, so personally, I don't see why this would be an issue considering CAG has a mature side despite the community's propensity to be pretty damn mean. Threads like this one generally don't have a long shelf-life anyways because it's very niche like the various gun or breakup threads, but it doesn't hurt anyone to try. I know for a fact that there are some LGBT CAGs, so even if they don't post in the thread, some connections could still be made. Hell, maybe there might even be some local CAGs to help the OP out.

Snake I support you 100% and your effort

I am straight as you know me but I would hope that folks would support you as well instead of coming in here acting like assholes.

I hope you can connect with others who hold your same interest. I have a good friend who plays Xbox all the time who is gay. Reach out to me if you want his info to connect. He's a great fellow.

Shrike makes a good suggest but you could probably build your network here first. Then move to a group.

Keep on keepin on friend.

I'm pansexual, and I guess a decent amount of people who are close to me know. I can totally understand wanting to find some other LGBT gamers to talk with though. You should consider checking out the GGT (I know a couple of them are kind of joking around in this thread right now actually) but everyone there is actually really nice, and seems totally fine with having members of differing orientations, their just a little sarcastic at times. The current thread is this one, but they get remade with a new number when we hit the 500 post count. Anyone else who happens in this thread is welcome to join the GGT as well, I'd love to have some other LGBT members to talk with. The GGT is a little random (ok really random) but their are a lot of different personalities in there, and I think it's a lot of fun.

I'll keep an eye on this thread too though, since it would be cool to just know some other LGBT CAG members.

Whoa Icebizzle, I wasn't trolling.

I mentioned the pansexual thing because I do actually find it weird that transexuals were excluded from the title but I didn't want to immediately go to pointing it out. Not saying that they should always be grouped together, but typically they are when it's something like this.

If we have LGBs hating on Ts then we're working backwards.

[quote name='Indignate']Whoa Icebizzle, I wasn't trolling.

I mentioned the pansexual thing because I do actually find it weird that transexuals were excluded from the title but I didn't want to immediately go to pointing it out. Not saying that they should always be grouped together, but typically they are when it's something like this.

If we have LGBs hating on Ts then we're working backwards.[/QUOTE]
Maybe an orientation war is brewing.

Edit: And I'm totes joking about that if it wasn't incredibly obvious. I love you all

[quote name='Indignate']Whoa Icebizzle, I wasn't trolling.

Haha, I changed that statement I meant more you guys were joking a bit, and your Shrike comment was a little silly.

You'd be surprised things are kind of backwards in regards to that sometimes, especially when it comes to not having a specific preference about gender. I've talked to a few other people online who have experienced it, and have experienced it myself, feeling like I'm being interrogated by someone who is homosexual because they are convinced that I can't possibly not care what someone's gender is and implying that I must just be confused about what my actual preference is because they are sure I'm gay.

That's kind of why a separate day was made to celebrate just people who aren't locked into being simply heterosexual or homosexual.

[quote name='Indignate']
Could a homosexual question transexuality in any way? I've always wondered why they are lumped into that whole group myself. What I have heard some transexuals say is that they end up in straight relationships anyway, so why identify with gays and lesbians?

[quote name='Spokker']Could a homosexual question transexuality in any way? I've always wondered why they are lumped into that whole group myself. What I have heard some transexuals say is that they end up in straight relationships anyway, so why identify with gays and lesbians?[/QUOTE]

I would assume the grouping has a lot to do with the lack of rights in the legal arena. Federal legislation does not provide protection for any of these groups when it comes to matters such as employment.

[quote name='Spokker']Could a homosexual question transexuality in any way? I've always wondered why they are lumped into that whole group myself. What I have heard some transexuals say is that they end up in straight relationships anyway, so why identify with gays and lesbians?[/QUOTE]

Much to what Casey said, but also because they're treated alike by society standards. I've never met anybody that was only ok with or only hated one or the other.

I'm sure people like that are out there though, for whatever reason.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'] Federal legislation does not provide protection for any of these groups when it comes to matters such as employment.[/QUOTE]
I see how a homosexual worker should have equal rights under the law when it comes to employment, but not transsexuals who have chosen to modify their bodies. If a business' dress code says that men dress like men and women dress like women, should that become illegal? Similarly, I don't think religion should make one a protected class, because that is a choice a person makes. Choice is key here.

Do the rights the group is fighting for also include rights to expensive gender reassignment surgeries of dubious value?

In Portland they even add the Q on to the string of lettes. LGBTQ. Q is for Questioning.

The local news media has used the term "sexual minorities".

[quote name='pacifickarma']Pansexual = Loves Bread?[/QUOTE]

Ha, had to google that one myself as well.

I've always found it ironic that groups seek acceptance by singling themselves out... to me it perpetuates isolation but that is just me..

I'm open minded enough to not consider people different based on traits-mental or physical-but I understand the rest of the world does not share that mindset.

[quote name='Spokker']I see how a homosexual worker should have equal rights under the law when it comes to employment, but not transsexuals who have chosen to modify their bodies. If a business' dress code says that men dress like men and women dress like women, should that become illegal? Similarly, I don't think religion should make one a protected class, because that is a choice a person makes. Choice is key here.

Do the rights the group is fighting for also include rights to expensive gender reassignment surgeries of dubious value?[/QUOTE]
I don't think that this type of discussion is relevant to this thread and more suited to vs. This thread is to help out a fellow CAG looking for some friends more similar to he/she is. That's it.

[quote name='Spokker']I see how a homosexual worker should have equal rights under the law when it comes to employment, but not transsexuals who have chosen to modify their bodies. If a business' dress code says that men dress like men and women dress like women, should that become illegal? Similarly, I don't think religion should make one a protected class, because that is a choice a person makes. Choice is key here.

Do the rights the group is fighting for also include rights to expensive gender reassignment surgeries of dubious value?[/QUOTE]

Gender identity isn't a choice.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Gender identity isn't a choice.[/QUOTE]

Whether or not it is a choice, who would be wrong in the following scenario?

So let's say I run a restaurant. The female waiters can choose to either wear the provided dress or wear jeans. It's like a Western cowboy type theme.

The male waiters only have one choice, the jeans and cowboy shirt.

So an employee who was born male but identifies as female comes to me one day and says that they are wearing the uniform with the dress. My concern is that the employee is going to clearly look like a man in a dress no matter what they have between their legs, Adam's apple and everything. After some back and forth, I put my foot on the ground and say that either this employee wears the pants uniform or leaves. Or I even offer them a chance to work in the back.

Should my business be sued into the ground?

Bonus question: Let's say I compromise and say that a fully transitioned employee can wear the dress, but I would not allow a person in the process of transitioning to wear the dress until they are fully transitioned, is this okay?

Thanks for the kind words and support guys(and girls). If anyone wants to share their experience of being bi, gay, lesbian or transexual then go for it! Lets have fun and yes I need some bi, gay, lesbian buds. Lets all help each other out and have a big orgy :) Love my trannies big time! :3

[quote name='Spokker']Whether or not it is a choice, who would be wrong in the following scenario?

So let's say I run a restaurant. The female waiters can choose to either wear the provided dress or wear jeans. It's like a Western cowboy type theme.

The male waiters only have one choice, the jeans and cowboy shirt.

So an employee who was born male but identifies as female comes to me one day and says that they are wearing the uniform with the dress. My concern is that the employee is going to clearly look like a man in a dress no matter what they have between their legs, Adam's apple and everything. After some back and forth, I put my foot on the ground and say that either this employee wears the pants uniform or leaves. Or I even offer them a chance to work in the back. [/QUOTE]

You're free to run your business anyways you want. Most people who identify as the opposite gender tend to make adjustments to appear more of that gender, though. So saying that what you have is clearly a man in a dress might be a stretch for sake of your argument, although I don't doubt it could happen.

I also don't see why a male that identifies as female wouldn't just wear the jeans in that position.

[quote name='Spokker']Bonus question: Let's say I compromise and say that a fully transitioned employee can wear the dress, but I would not allow a person in the process of transitioning to wear the dress until they are fully transitioned, is this okay?[/QUOTE]

How okay this situation is is subjective. Again, it's your business.

[quote name='QiG']I've always found it ironic that groups seek acceptance by singling themselves out... to me it perpetuates isolation but that is just me..

I'm open minded enough to not consider people different based on traits-mental or physical-but I understand the rest of the world does not share that mindset.[/QUOTE]

It isn't really like we're trying to single ourselves out, it's more like when someone asks about orientation or when you come out you have to deal with some people singling you out.

And I totally agree with that mind set, I'm totally open to whatever and accepting of other people's interests and beliefs, and I always just try to be myself.

[quote name='dohdough']I don't think that this type of discussion is relevant to this thread and more suited to vs. This thread is to help out a fellow CAG looking for some friends more similar to he/she is. That's it.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this, I thought about responding to some of those posts but it just kind of seems like a waste of time arguing with people who are clearly dead set on their opinion already.

I've always thought there was more of a spectrum of sexuality. Instead of this idea "being gay is who you are and how you behave".

We've almost gone too far in the other direction for acceptance, where we have to announce what someone's sexuality is as part of their job. Lesbian Fire Chief. Lesbian School Board Member. Lesbian Speaker of the house.

Or making sure that seats on boards or commissions are filled by someone who is LGBT.

[quote name='eldergamer']I've always thought there was more of a spectrum of sexuality. Instead of this idea "being gay is who you are and how you behave".

We've almost gone too far in the other direction for acceptance, where we have to announce what someone's sexuality is as part of their job. Lesbian Fire Chief. Lesbian School Board Member. Lesbian Speaker of the house.

Or making sure that seats on boards or commissions are filled by someone who is LGBT.[/QUOTE]
Tokenism may be an issue, but LGBT's have traditionally been barred socially, and sometimes institutionally, from these positions. Hell, they still are and it's important to make those distinctions because if we're honest with ourselves, they still face stigma and not just by a small vocal minority of bigots.

If this wasn't an issue, this thread wouldn't exist.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Lovely thread, snakemaster2389. My only criticism is that transgender people are mysteriously missing from the thread title.

I identify as a gaymer who sometimes visits the websites below when I want my gaming coverage and community to be more, well, gay-related, because it's nice to have those safe spaces with like-minded individuals, where I don't feel that I need to censor myself quite as much.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaymers

[URL="http://www.gaygamer.net"]http://www.gaygamer.net[/URL]

http://borderhouseblog.com/

http://gaymerconnect.com/

There's also a lot of gaymers on tumblr if you search for the tag, gaymer.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the links :) and yea I'm just seeing if there are any other bi or gay guys or girls or trannies on cag ;)

Pansexual?

tumblr_lqxb7e27yI1ql0mng.jpg

In all seriousness... can someone clarify the difference between bi-sexual and pansexual? Sorry... stupid (not ignorant) straight guy here intrigued by the pansexual concept. Seems more orientation-based? Or less orientation-based? Started doing a bit of research... but my brain cashed-out after a few paragraphs.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']In all seriousness... can someone clarify the difference between bi-sexual and pansexual? Sorry... stupid (not ignorant) straight guy here intrigued by the pansexual concept. Seems more orientation-based? Or less orientation-based? Started doing a bit of research... but my brain cashed-out after a few paragraphs.[/QUOTE]

i dont know, im pretty straight also but im bi sometimes lol. doesn't really matter anymore does it? its cool to be bi or gay now :)

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']In all seriousness... can someone clarify the difference between bi-sexual and pansexual? Sorry... stupid (not ignorant) straight guy here intrigued by the pansexual concept. Seems more orientation-based? Or less orientation-based? Started doing a bit of research... but my brain cashed-out after a few paragraphs.[/QUOTE]

Basically the difference is that bi-sexual is thought to mostly imply someone who can be attracted to males and females but doesn't necessarily imply that they find transgender individuals attractive (with that said many people who could identify as pansexual might just identify with being bi-sexual because it requires less explanation, as can be seen in this thread).

Pansexual on the other hand implies someone who can be attracted to males, females, and transgender individuals. Along with that someone who is pansexual considers gender to be irrelevant when it comes to attraction, while I don't think this totally means that they might not have a stronger preference towards individuals with a particular combination of gender traits, I do think that pansexuals are less likely than someone who identifies as bi-sexual to demonstrate a stronger level of attraction towards one of the two standard binary genders.

bread's done
Back