Runner 2

moothemagiccow

CAG Newbie
This game is the best. I had to stop myself from playing. There's so much more to do in this one.

http://vimeo.com/59360511

The new controls are great, and off-screen play is on by default.
BIT.TRIP-Runner-2-Small.jpg

It's $14.99 in the eshop

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, so that's what this game is. I didn't know from the name that it had anything to do with bit.trip. We don't have a Wii U, so I'll have to get it for XBLA. I believe it's there too.

I like that you can
jump over checkpoints to make the level harder
. I like that it also has difficulty levels this time around. It will make it much more enjoyable and rewarding.

Yes! And the Key/Chest challenges are awesome. I'm actually surprised I have all the moves (I think) by the end of the first world.

The Wii disc version had a hard mode where you lose if you don't get all the gold. Not sure if this is different.

How does this game earn its $15 price tag? There are SO MANY endless runner type games on the ipad for a fraction of that.

Because this one actually takes skill to play/master, is addictive, has tons of content and replay value.

[quote name='ZForce915']How does this game earn its $15 price tag? There are SO MANY endless runner type games on the ipad for a fraction of that.[/QUOTE]

More of a rhythm game than an auto-runner. You can demo the original on Wii Shop (in Wii mode)

If the music is as good as the original was, it will have immense replay value along with the additional content they added into the sequel. I will play Bit.Trip Complete just to hear a certain song I like, and then the trance-like gameplay kicks in afterwards that I find it hard to stop.

I don't see Runner 2 being any different at this point, so I'd say it is worth the $15.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']More of a rhythm game than an auto-runner. You can demo the original on Wii Shop (in Wii mode)[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. Is it safe to assume if I like the first at all then the second one becomes a no-brainer?

[quote name='KingBroly']Because this one actually takes skill to play/master, is addictive, has tons of content and replay value.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's the lack of skill to play that as always had me bored with auto-runner type games. It's usually 2 minutes of YAWN followed by an actual challenge.

Admittedly iOS pricing has really made digital game values seem overpriced everywhere, but a controller vs touch screen makes this more fun, and it does have gamepad support.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that there is a demo for this game (I guess that's what happens when so few games come out for Wii U, you tend to forget these things).

Does anyone have a list of where I can find all of
the Retro Cartridges? I'm missing one on Emerald Brine and it's driving me insane.
But for now, until they patch it, I'm going to have to put this game on hold sadly. I hope it goes up soon, since it has apparently been submitted.

Game is a lot of fun. Hooked on the soundtrack but can't bring myself to buy it from Amazon for $8.99. Too many of the tracks are less than a minute.

bread's done
Back