Which is the best Tomb Raider pre-order bonus offer?

budarc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I'm so confused about all these pre-order bonuses being awarded by different retailers for the new Tomb Raider game, coming out this Tuesday. I went ahead and pre-ordered the PS3 collector's edition from Amazon back in December, but now I'm wondering whether I should retract it or change which retailer I buy it from. I apologize in advance if several other similarly themed threads have been opened (I searched, but couldn't find any).

The reason I chose the Amazon version in the end is because of all the extra "The Final Hours" bonuses. But now, looking back at the product description and information, I can't tell whether all that extra, unlockable content is offered only to the "bare bones" version or also to the $99.99 pre-packaged Collector's Edition. I know this is all very confusing...I'm confusing myself in the process.

I guess this is a question better posed directly to Amazon staff, but anyway, I was wondering if anybody else knew anything more or had any advice. What version of Tomb Raider and/or pre-order bonuses are you buying?

I pre-ordered from best buy. But as of late I am trying to find out if I can claim my pre-order bonuses, but return the game later on (still sealed) as I'm interested in buying the game from target seeing as they are offering a steel book case with purchase, dont know if thats pre order only though x(.

Anyway yah, I went bestbuy because of the jacket and comic book. Not interested in the art book very much from amazon and I'm confident the tomb from gamestops offer will be dlc or something down the line.

I think that the preorder bonuses are available to all preorders, whether it's the vanilla version or the collector's edition. Not 100% sure, but that's how it works as far as I know. It should list the bonuses you're getting on the product/preorder page.

I personally went with Best Buy because of the exclusive 48 page Dark Horse prequel comic book it comes with and the gamers unlocked deal where you get a $20 gift card for preordering. It also comes with an exclusive costume and the shanty town multiplayer level.

I contacted Amazon regarding their "standard" version (The Final Hours edition) versus the Collector's Edition. This is what it says on their website, which confuses me (for both standard and collector's edition):

"Get the Amazon Exclusive "Final Hours Edition," a $5 Gift Card, plus access to the Scavenger Hunt
Pre-order Tomb Raider and receive the Amazon exclusive Final Hours Edition, which comes with an exclusive Art Book, In-Game Skin for Lara and a digital copy of Geoff Keighley's, "The Final Hours of Tomb Raider" for the Kindle Fire, an access code for the pre-order Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt to unlock DLC items and a chance to win prizes, and the Shanty Town Multiplayer Map - This ramshackle area features steep climbs, multiple ziplines for quick escapes, and deadly traps to set for your enemies. The art book will come in the product packaging. Codes to access the digital bonus offers will be e-mailed to you within two business days of your order shipment. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. You will also receive a code for the pre-order Scavenger Hunt to unlock DLC items and a chance to win prizes. Offers valid on all existing pre-orders. Offers limited to one per customer. Please read the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live terms of use."

However, when speaking to customer service, they concluded that the "Final Hours Edition" does not come with the Collector's Edition. It's either one or the other. How disappointing. :\

Funny. I got yelled at and promptly booted out for posting on that forum earlier.

Anyway, you included this under the Amazon Collector's Edition details:
"All exclusive Amazon.com content from regular edition."

When I spoke to Amazon customer service, they told me that it doesn't include the "Final Hours Edition" edition or features. Did you validate this somehow?

[quote name='budarc']Funny. I got yelled at and promptly booted out for posting on that forum earlier.
[/QUOTE]

Lol...the sharks went after you because you made a thread in the game deals forum to ask a question. That's like blood in the water here.

The other thread is there because it's actually listing the available info and deals for the preorder.

Yeah, I know...how embarrassing. You can tell I'm not a regular here. Anyhoo, I guess I'm going to stick with the Amazon order, regardless of whether it includes the Final Hours content or not. I spend way too much time worrying over crap. :p

bread's done
Back