The 10th Annual Cheapy Awards - Voting Phase - Win 1 of 2 $500 Amazon Gift Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=4876]4504[/IMG-R]Voting is now open for The 10th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards that recognize the best (and worst) in video game retail, nominated and voted by the Cheap Ass Gamers, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world!

Please use our built in voting system (within the appropriate threads) in this forum. Placing your vote will automatically enter you in a raffle to win 1 of 2 $500 gift certificates from Amazon, last year's Best Online Retailer winner. The more categories you vote in, the greater your chances of winning. One account per person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon FTW !!!
As every year I'll vote, thanks Cheapy.
I almost forgot, CONGRATS for the 10th annyversary of CAG !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new category suggestion: Best Digital Game Store. These digital stores for PC and Console games have gotten a lot bigger and better over the years that I think they finally deserve their own category.

[quote name='controlcommerce']The Cheapy Awards! The only end of the year awards in March![/QUOTE]

Ha! It seems like they start later each year. Maybe some day the awards will be an entire year behind!;)

[quote name='KillerRamen']I have a new category suggestion: Best Digital Game Store. These digital stores for PC and Console games have gotten a lot bigger and better over the years that I think they finally deserve their own category.[/QUOTE]
This. The digital deals this year have been insane. You could even have separate categories for PC, console, and mobile.

Can we create new category for Game Reviews?

I would like to nominate Panzerfaust for this quality reviews. Not only are they worth reading, but he actually proofreads his work and never tries to sell his review for hits to another website (though he is currently writing for a publication). He has a passion for games and writing, I and many others would like this site to acknowledge his impeccable craft for critique writing.

Oh what the heck, I nominate Best Buy for keeping up with the competition and PM'n many prices for me from all sorts of websites/stores. I used to be a Gamestop faithful, but Best Buy changed the game when they announced that they will give you back $20 in certificates for your pre-orders. For that alone, I nominate Best Buy and they better win!!

[quote name='CheapyD'][IMG-R=4876]4504[/IMG-R]Nominations are now open for The 10th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards that recognize the best (and worst) in video game retail, nominated and voted by the Cheap Ass Gamers, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world!

The awards are currently in the nomination phase, which will last approximately 10 days. Your nominations will help choose the finalists, which will then be put to a CAG community vote to decide the winner.

Please post your nominations in the appropriate threads in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Not quite, it seems.

[quote name='Squarehard']Nomination phase in the past at most lasted a month, but this year it seems to have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overtime. @_@[/QUOTE]

I feel like nobody even knows about it this year. There's no activity in the subforum.

I am voting to support Best Buy in the B&M realm but put them down in the online space. They've still been taking steps forward...

Thanks for putting up the polls Cheapy. What do you think your chances are of not winning best villain? Congrats on 10 years. I've been a member for the last 5 and a half and I love the site and the CAGcast.

I voted for everything! It seems pretty unanimous that everyone hates GameStop lol. I've gotten some really good deals from them this year. Like when they offered an extra 50% trade in bonus during Microsoft's big online sale.

I think I'd have to vote for Amazon as well..
They have most of my money and are the cause for many nights getting sent to the couch to sleep... But I still stick with the "but honey! I'm saving you money!!!" Story.. She just ain't buying it... Maybe Amazon should have a sale on THAT story...?? Heh

Making my annual post about continued issues that I have with certain awards.

It would be nice to see the paid company representatives get their own award so that the regular CAGs on the Deal Buster and Community awards got a fair shot at the title because we're just customers to them. The regular CAGs are just helping out their fellow CAGs by posting and sharing deals and helping them out in general.

The Best Trading Site award continues to lack integrity because Cheapy continues to let CAG be a nominee. We'll always win because those voting like the site enough to always want to vote for the site to be able to say we're awesome. It was a mistake at first, but now Cheapy doesn't care. I'll continue to vote for other sites until that changes.

[quote name='CheapyD'][IMG-R=4876]4504[/IMG-R]Voting is now open for The 10th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards that recognize the best (and worst) in video game retail, nominated and voted by the Cheap Ass Gamers, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world!

Please use our built in voting system (within the appropriate threads) in this forum. Placing your vote will automatically enter you in a raffle to win 1 of 2 $500 gift certificates from Amazon, last year's Best Online Retailer winner. The more categories you vote in, the greater your chances of winning. One account per person.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this amazing opportunity! :applause:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Making my annual post about continued issues that I have with certain awards.

It would be nice to see the paid company representatives get their own award so that the regular CAGs on the Deal Buster and Community awards got a fair shot at the title because we're just customers to them. The regular CAGs are just helping out their fellow CAGs by posting and sharing deals and helping them out in general.

The Best Trading Site award continues to lack integrity because Cheapy continues to let CAG be a nominee. We'll always win because those voting like the site enough to always want to vote for the site to be able to say we're awesome. It was a mistake at first, but now Cheapy doesn't care. I'll continue to vote for other sites until that changes.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Frisky on all points.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Making my annual post about continued issues that I have with certain awards.

The Best Trading Site award continues to lack integrity because Cheapy continues to let CAG be a nominee. We'll always win because those voting like the site enough to always want to vote for the site to be able to say we're awesome. It was a mistake at first, but now Cheapy doesn't care. I'll continue to vote for other sites until that changes.[/QUOTE]

zk0hac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back