Biggest CAG Shopping News 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Please post your nominations for Biggest CAG Shopping News 2012.
What was the biggest news that affected video game shopping in 2012?

PS+ IGC is huge. Also a big deal was the announcement of Vita getting the IGC right before the Black Friday sales, which combined pushed a LOT of CAGs into buying the system.

Best Buy price matching will be huge for me as well. Why wait for shipping when it's here in town?

Last edited by a moderator:
Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection. I actually just play the games they give you I dont even buy them anymore... it feels nice.

PS Plus Instant Game Collection. What fantastic timing with Amazon's PS Vita Assassin's Creed Bundle for $179! Christmas definitely came early for all us loyal PS Plus members. I can take it one step further and share that I signed up for the Playstation Visa Credit Card offer and received $50 in PSN Credit as well as 1 Year of PS Plus too! Going to renew for another year and get 3 months free tomorrow as well!

[quote name='ShockandAww']I didn't know the PS+ IGC only came this year, but that if so.[/QUOTE]

Well, if I remember correctly it was announced E3 2011, but I feel like it really hit its stride in 2012 (especially with it being rolled out for Vita then), which is why it's garnering a lot of praise.

Blockbuster continuing to circle the toilet by shutting down more stores. They do have some good deals on used games from time to time.

[quote name='Number83']Amazon charging Sales Tax in a lot more states now...Finally hit my state, and so now Newegg gets all my business.[/QUOTE]

This was huge for me personally as Amazon was my online go to for games for years. Coupled with its worst year for deals ever and it was the year Amazon fell for me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I didn't know the PS+ IGC only came this year, but that if so.[/QUOTE]

PlayStation Plus has been around since 2010, but the Instant Game Collection was announced at E3 2012.

Cross Buy/Save/Play/Trophy support for PS3 and Vita games.

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection for both the PS3 and Vita, which was announced at E3 2012.

The Wii U and Vita launches.

The slow death of THQ.

The death of 38 Studios.

The great Kickstarter boom starting with the Double Fine Adventure campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back