Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Please post your nominations for Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2012.
What was the best in-store deal/sale of 2012?

The BB $20 bonus, but I'm going to say specifically for Halo 4. With their bonus + the Amex "pay you to play the game" deal, I ended up getting paid around $100 to beat that game. :D

[quote name='TheThoughtlessOne']GameStop's $20 Max Payne CE.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have the statue in my office. The regular game sells for $29.99 at Target right now.

Toys R Us PC clearance sale hands down. No one rememebers this one? Skyrim, Diablo III, Starcraft II, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Batman AC. Sims 3 Ambitions, RAGE for $10 each one.

I second the Toys R Us clearance on PC games. I musta grabbed 15 copies of those games for other CAG's on here, pricematched at BB of course

Best Buy $20 RZ Preorder

Followed close by... Target 1600 Xbox Live Cards for $10 on Black Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't ToysRUs do a 2 for $70 or $80 deal on select new games toward the end of the year? I remember using a Groupon coupon on top of that and getting Hitman and Halo 4 for the price of one new game!

Not sure if it counts, but there were plenty of awesome Sears clearance deals in 2012. One month in particular had 20+ games or so drop down to or below $10, grabbed too many things last year from Sears (
icondead.gif
gaming department).

The Best Buy @Gamer March coupons, that was 2012 right? Grabbed Arkham City for $10, Rage for $5, Bulletstorm for $5, and I personally wasn't able to get a copy, but they also had Mass Effect 2 for $5 as well. That was my most exciting deal of the year.

Best Buy's summer gaming blowout - Assassin's Creed revelations for $10 where it was still $40 everywhere else (and $20 trade-in credit at Gamestop...bwehehe)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Umm what about Walmart's BF extravaganza of $10, $15, & $25 games, many of which were recent fall releases?[/QUOTE]

This for sure. Not to mention the fact that the sales actually went live on Thanksgiving morning. My wife and I went to WM at 11:00 AM and got everything we wanted in less than an hour.

Target Black Friday 1600 ms points for $10, gives you 50% off of everything from xbox live, and I price matched it at Walmart so I had unlimited amount of cards I could buy >

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back