Best Buy The last Story $23.99

The Punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I just found this at BB for $23.99. It's the limited edition. Not sure if this was a deal or not, but was on clearance.

Here is the sku: 5563371 (its on the left side of receipt)
8093957 (its right beside the #5563371)

Sorry if this is a repost, but I havent seen it.

This is a fun game, definitely worth playing. Lasted me about 30 hours. Current Final Fantasy producers should take some notes on this.

[quote name='TeamSwish']I will definitely try to find this at that price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I wasnt sure, but reading the back of the box it's from the same person who also did final fantasy series.

[quote name='emperordahc']Excellent game.

Snagged the LE version during that strange Amazon $7 sale (?) a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

I ordered that but they didn't send over the LE. I only got a standard...

[quote name='The Punisher']Its in a box that looks like a book.[/QUOTE]

The LE has a box that looks like a book. Inside the box is the Wii game case, an art book, and then shrinkwrapped to the outside was the soundtrack in a cardboard sleeve.

[quote name='emperordahc']The LE has a box that looks like a book. Inside the box is the Wii game case, an art book, and then shrinkwrapped to the outside was the soundtrack in a cardboard sleeve.[/QUOTE]

Are u saying a cd inside the le? Its not stated on the box.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']My BB had one copy of this a week ago, it was priced at $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Well go back and check. I just picked it up like 15 mins ago.

[quote name='The Punisher']Well go back and check. I just picked it up like 15 mins ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I might. I have a tough time playing 480p games these days though, regardless of how good they might be.

[quote name='The Punisher']Are u saying a cd inside the le? Its not stated on the box.[/QUOTE]

The soundtrack was a pre-order bonus and if you bought it from amazon it came shrink wrapped outside the box. For retailers like GameStop and BB it was separate. Chances are BB still having these are slim though.

I recent just beat the game and it was one of he best jrpgs I've played in a while and the final battle was fantastic

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yeah I might. I have a tough time playing 480p games these days though, regardless of how good they might be.[/QUOTE]

that's what you be saying in the next 5-10 years with xbox 360/ps3 games.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yeah I might. I have a tough time playing 480p games these days though, regardless of how good they might be.[/QUOTE]

It looks pretty good for a 480p game. I played it on a HDTV with component and the presentation makes up for it.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']The soundtrack was a pre-order bonus and if you bought it from amazon it came shrink wrapped outside the box. For retailers like GameStop and BB it was separate. Chances are BB still having these are slim though.

I recent just beat the game and it was one of he best jrpgs I've played in a while and the final battle was fantastic[/QUOTE]

I think only Amazon and Newegg had the cd packed with it. GS had the cds like any other physical bonus. I don't think Bestbuy had the cd.

[quote name='apterous']I thought BB clearance was YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Both in terms of availability but also specific pricing. Items might go on clearance within one district and not another, but even within the clearance district you might have a dozen stores with a dozen different prices.

This is probably like Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, doesnt show up on site so you just have to check the store. Luckily I found one at my store still priced at 11.99

[quote name='applecider']Didn't see Last Story, but did snag Theatrhythm for $15 and Kirby's Return to Dreamland for $25 after 50% off both.[/QUOTE]

Those are on sale?

NICE! Saw the LE at my Best Buy a week ago. Definitely in for this. thanks OP!

edit: read the thread, somewhat disappointing. Going to go for it regardless, I guess.

[quote name='neil1115']Those are on sale?[/QUOTE]

No, they were YMMV clearance deals like Last Story. Of the seven Best Buys in my area, only two seem to clearance items, and only one seems to keep a clearance section throughout the year. That BBY has games marked down either 50% or 80%.

I ended up getting the copy my store had with rz certificates. Fitting the first time in a month I use my Wii U will be for a Wii game lol.

[quote name='emperordahc']Excellent game.

Snagged the LE version during that strange Amazon $7 sale (?) a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember that well. My copy included the artbook and soundtrack also.

[quote name='captpluto9465']This is a fun game, definitely worth playing. Lasted me about 30 hours. Current Final Fantasy producers should take some notes on this.[/QUOTE]

Completist or not? I'm doing Xenoblade right now and sitting around 60 hours but maybe half done- mostly completist but not entirely. Is that 30 hours for pure plot and how good is the "extra" completist stuff (is there much? and is it worth doing?)

At "only" 30 hours, it might jump up on my "to play list" as that's pretty manageable.

SI

I already own a copy of the LE, but I'm going to go scour my Best Buy for another one at this price--these bad boys are worth 2 to 3 times this amount, easy.

The near mention of KRtD and clearance in the same sentence has piqued my interest, I'll have to swing by a local or two just to confirm they still have them, and at what price. The store locator for Kirby has been showing ship to store for a few weeks now...

I'll check out Last Story LE as well, thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='sterlingice']Completist or not? I'm doing Xenoblade right now and sitting around 60 hours but maybe half done- mostly completist but not entirely. Is that 30 hours for pure plot and how good is the "extra" completist stuff (is there much? and is it worth doing?)

At "only" 30 hours, it might jump up on my "to play list" as that's pretty manageable.

SI[/QUOTE]

It took me a little under 30 hours to complete the main story, while only doing about a third of the side quests (all of the ones I did aren't particularly long, so it shouldn't add that much time) but afterwards there is a New Game + option that raises the difficulty substantially and you can keep upgrading weapons past their limits.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']The near mention of KRtD and clearance in the same sentence has piqued my interest, I'll have to swing by a local or two just to confirm they still have them, and at what price. The store locator for Kirby has been showing ship to store for a few weeks now...

I'll check out Last Story LE as well, thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]

It was a lucky find. That Best Buy has a end cap reserved for clearance, but I saw the KRtD sitting in the pre-owned section as if someone set it down. It had a round yellow sticker on it, but unless you had seen their end cap, you wouldn't know it meant 50% off.

There is another Best Buy that has games with yellow stickers, but no mention anywhere about clearance. The employees at that one didn't know either. Not sure if they would honor the clearance, but also have no idea why they have them marked.

bread's done
Back