Breath of Fire III PSP ($19.95 FS) Game Deal Daily

I'm not necessarily trying to dissuade anyone from buying this, but I must warn you: The loading times are notoriously long/noticeably frequent.

How's does this compare to BoF IV? Thought about getting this but the art in in BoFIV looks prettier and is much cheaper on PSN...

[quote name='DQT']How's does this compare to BoF IV? Thought about getting this but the art in in BoFIV looks prettier and is much cheaper on PSN...[/QUOTE]

BoF IV is much better imo. In every aspect unless I'm confusing the two.

I've only played the PS1 version, but it's not a game that has aged well. The writing is some of the worst I've ever seen (Dragons are so legendary and central to the plot that no one even says a single word about it when the main character turns into one...), and god help you if you run past any dungeon instead of grinding before moving on. Plus there's no fmv at all which really disappointed me seeing as I bought it after seeing this (the icon footage is ripped from the commercials made for it back in the day):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV06lW7RReY

Also, its not a proper port, the image is stretched instead of showing extra area to take advantage of the psps screen.

[quote name='Fabrizo']I've only played the PS1 version, but it's not a game that has aged well. The writing is some of the worst I've ever seen (Dragons are so legendary and central to the plot that no one even says a single word about it when the main character turns into one...), and god help you if you run past any dungeon instead of grinding before moving on. Plus there's no fmv at all which really disappointed me seeing as I bought it after seeing this (the icon footage is ripped from the commercials made for it back in the day):

Also, its not a proper port, the image is stretched instead of showing extra area to take advantage of the psps screen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick rundown. I'll keep my ps1 version then.

I have played and beaten all of the breath of fire games. In my personal opinion BoF2 is the best by far. It's a toss up between 3 and 4 both. 3 has a better story but if you want better combat and graphics 4 is the best in the series. For me personal when I'm playing an RPG it's because I want a good story to get lost into.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']BoFIII was great back in its era. I wonder why it has not come to PSN yet, but BoFIV did. Both games are great. :)[/QUOTE]
Copyright issues.

One of my favorite BoF games. I actually bought this a while back from Ebay from a seller in the UK. A lot of people seem to dismiss it, but I think it's fun. My only issue with the game was collecting the water for vinegar with Garr. I could never get that timing just right. However, I really did love building the Faerie Village!

Can't believe all the neg feedback this game is getting, I loved all the BOF games except for V really. III had a better story and character set than IV did in my opinion although Fou-Lu was pretty bad ass...and the dragon transformations were a joke compared to III. Idk, I totally thought it was great to experience again, but then again I quickly bought it with Tales of Eternia when I saw them in store in 2006. Some of the best Psone RPGs resurfaced on PSP including my favorite RPG of all time Valkyrie Profile.

bread's done
Back