legal help

JoshM23

CAGiversary!
Dear my people, I had an issue with a lease broke, me and this guy are having to go back and forth with court appeals well in the end he won, since i did sign the lease and I am responsible. Basically, I am in the situation where I promised him the money second week or march, lets say I cannot get it until then, my dad said he will help out but it might be later, he has been waiting for a while, harassing me over and over again about getting him the money. There is no judgment yet though where he can put a lien on my stuff or whatever, how does that work, I mean do i have to give the money up if I don't have it? What can a judgment do? Does anyone have any tips, I love you guys. He is running out of patience, he is not a landlord, just someone i signed a lease with to sublease with him, and well he won in court, there are no appeals left unless i want to pay 1000 to higher court but no point, the lease pay out is 3k. What do you guys think? I owe ya guys, if you guys have great information.

Bend over and take it, if the court want's they can garnish your wasges out of your check. The only way to avoid that is to get paid under the table but how long can you do that.

It looks like you just got slidecaged!

thanks lol, but what do you recommend, they have not issued a judgment yet, or anything, hes just getting inpatient, he can get a judgment, idk what to do, could i get away without ever paying, i mean he is blowing smoke up my ass. 3k is a lot for a college student, if i had money like that i would pay him, but i simply do not.

i cannot appeal unless i pay 1k to superior court, there is no point anyways. its 3k for total that the court awarded him which is the general lease amount for the total months i left.

Well, whats the deal, you don't want to live there anymore or is he kicking you out. If anything just try and pay the back rent you owe to rectify things, how much is that? It would help if you gave the whole story too.

Also, fix the title so you can get some more mindful advice. The only thing I can do for you is try and rub some common sense onto you, if you did what you did it's time to man up, you can't go through life trying to run away from problems.

I told you, I left during the weekend my roommate went away, my mom was sick, he basically said not cool, sued me, the judge offered him two months of rent to him, so 1k, he wanted all the lease, since i lived there only a month, and then he appealed won, and i appealed, he won again. Now, were at the point of negotiating, I don't live there, he wants all money, wont decide on monthly payouts, said hell wait until I get the money at once. Said he will get collections on me, my attorney said something about judgments, there are no judgments up now, but he can seek it, I am only in college and don't have the money for it at the moment, trying to work with the parents.

all the rent was 3k, now hes just getting inpatient, i keep telling him wait, hes like march give me something at least 1,5k, or i am going to get collections etc on you! I don't know if he knows about this judgment process which he can apparently get a lien on my car, which is my only property I have. besides that any useful tips please

I believe that even if he won the court cannot force u to pay him. He has to get a Judgment. Or he can get a Subpoena and give it to ur Employer. Where any money u get has to go to him. But I think it like that. Or u can do Bankruptcy. And any money u owe him is wipe out

[quote name='JoshM23']all the rent was 3k, now hes just getting inpatient, i keep telling him wait, hes like march give me something at least 1,5k, or i am going to get collections etc on you! I don't know if he knows about this judgment process which he can apparently get a lien on my car, which is my only property I have. besides that any useful tips please[/QUOTE]

If you technically are still renting the apartment turn it into a crackhouse and have him evict you.

You signed a legally binding document, which is a lease. There's terms listed in the lease about breaking it and you're responsible for what's listed in there if you break it. You might want to read the documents you're signing before signing them. :dunce:

[quote name='skiizim']
It looks like you just got slidecaged![/QUOTE]

Somebody let me know how this plays out. I couldn't quite make it through the OP... but it sounds like he's SOL.

It's hard to give any advice when this thread is less comprehensible than your average slidecage thread.

Just pay whatever the court said he won and move on with your life. Borrow the money from your dad. If the guy goes to get the judgment enforced you're going to fuck yourself and your credit. Sounds like you've dicked around enough.

Ok, looks like I told him March, but I will certainly have the money in April?

If he gets a judgment and I end up paying for it after, will my credit be restored?

What do you recommend you guys, he is anticipating March, but I have told him way too long to be honest.

But April is 1000 percent

bread's done
Back