Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS) Pre-order $29.99 at Amazon

I really want to get the Wii U version of Lego City, it looks amazing. But we all know since this is Lego, Traveler's Tales and Warner Bros that these games will be half their launch price within 3-4 months.

That and Monster Hunter will consume all my Wii U time to begin with anyway so I wouldn't have time for Lego City ATM.

I hope the $29 price is true, makes me more likely to get it sooner than waiting for a price drop even though it really looks worth it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Kinda the only reason I've been tempted for a Wii-U, but I'll start with the 3DS version.[/QUOTE]

They're different games really. Core gameplay of Lego combat but the Wii U version looks to be more open, have more variety, bigger city and more comical movie references, from what I've seen in previews.

I'm looking forward to playing both by the end of the year.

I can't help but wonder if this will be the game's MSRP, considering the Wii U game is similarly $10 less than your average new Wii U release.

[quote name='maximumzero']I can't help but wonder if this will be the game's MSRP, considering the Wii U game is similarly $10 less than your average new Wii U release.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, so I was a little hesitant to post this thread. Since it's still $39.99 everywhere else, though, I figured it was worth mentioning.

For a chance at $10 off I'm in for one, thanks OP. Was going to buy it for my son anyway - if it turns out to be MSRP no big loss.

bread's done
Back