How do you store your games?

SonicJ

CAGiversary!
How do you store your current collection of video games? Do you place them in a CD binder, store them on a shelf in their original boxes, or have another method of arrangement?
I actually have both myself. I use a binder for my PC games since they don't have equal sized cases, and my console games I leave side by side on a shelf.

I've got PS3/360/Wii and half of my gamecube games, all in original boxes on a bookshelf (who needs books). The rest are somewhat closed off in my entertainment center (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/N64/PS1). I keep my very small DS catalog in a Club Nintendo case I got. And there are gameboy games all over the house. I've considered a binder, but throwing out the cases would be such a waste, and alphabetizing would SUCK.

I have one book shelf I use just for games. All my PS3/2 games and recent buys for other systems get put on there. Once full, I go through and box up some of them. I just don't have the room where I live now. Hopefully, by the end of the year, that will change. I don't like buying, boxing, and forgetting.

I have a shelf that's enough to hold about 300 cases. That's where all of my PS3/360/Wii games are plus my small Gamecube collection. Everything else I own from previous generation is packed into various storage boxes awaiting a new house with a bigger shelf.

I have a wall of shelves for my games/movies, currently have my Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Gamecube, DS, 3DS, PSP, N64 PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, SNES, Genesis games on those, I do have some games in special containers though (such as NES, some Genesis, and my PS2/Non-BC Xbox games). Then my DVDs and Blu-Rays are also on the shelves.

http://www.target.com/p/media-storage-tower-black/-/A-13574909#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
I have 4 of those. They are cheap and easy to locate. I like having uniform black matches my man cave. I have all 4 lined up it looks quite impressive. I have over 300 games and with the shelves customizable I have my ds dvd and cd cases all in there on there own shelves, even my carts have their own shelf. I recommend the shelf cheap quick and easy designed for media so it's low depth and doesnt take up much floor space. Construction required.

[quote name='Desousa93']http://www.target.com/p/media-storage-tower-black/-/A-13574909#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
I have 4 of those. They are cheap and easy to locate. I like having uniform black matches my man cave. I have all 4 lined up it looks quite impressive. I have over 300 games and with the shelves customizable I have my ds dvd and cd cases all in there on there own shelves, even my carts have their own shelf. I recommend the shelf cheap quick and easy designed for media so it's low depth and doesnt take up much floor space. Construction required.[/QUOTE]

I might have to pick one of these up, I'm desperately running out of room:whistle2:#

[quote name='Desousa93']http://www.target.com/p/media-storage-tower-black/-/A-13574909#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
I have 4 of those. They are cheap and easy to locate. I like having uniform black matches my man cave. I have all 4 lined up it looks quite impressive. I have over 300 games and with the shelves customizable I have my ds dvd and cd cases all in there on there own shelves, even my carts have their own shelf. I recommend the shelf cheap quick and easy designed for media so it's low depth and doesnt take up much floor space. Construction required.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion, and a heads up about the price (was $31 in store). I'm really liking how it looks (not completely done organizing yet):
uAEOf2D9AdeJAB6J3It8tF7abKGkyINFf6qk4DnbTIA

I use those long flat plastic storage bins you can get from Target. Keeps the dust away and can be stored under the bed to keep the clutter down. The games are stacked side by side bookshelf style with spines facing outward so the titles can be easily read.

I stack em in a drawer I have in my room. Not the nicest way to store my games, but it will do for now. If my collection gets big enough I'll probably get a shelf like the one Desousa has.

I have a large former entertainment center which I need more shelves for, that's with the hand full I do have are overflowing. I also keep my wii and GameCube games in the bedroom since that's where the wii is. It's not stacked well or interesting just... There. One day ill organize it all better

I put fishing line through the middle of the disc, then I use a tack to stick the other end of the line in the ceiling so the discs sort of hangs.

I started to do this once i saw the cases were scratching the discs.

[quote name='whoknows']I put fishing line through the middle of the disc, then I use a tack to stick the other end of the line in the ceiling so the discs sort of hangs.

I started to do this once i saw the cases were scratching the discs.[/QUOTE]

What I'm imagining is this:

full_IMGP0812_1321582476.jpg

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Thanks for the suggestion, and a heads up about the price (was $31 in store). I'm really liking how it looks (not completely done organizing yet):
uAEOf2D9AdeJAB6J3It8tF7abKGkyINFf6qk4DnbTIA
[/QUOTE]

Happy I can help. That is weird though mine that I bought on 4 different occasions were all 25$.

Right now I just use my shelf in my closet and stack my games horizontal toward the ceiling.

I won't buy those cheap pieces of crap sauder shelves for $30 bucks. Those these warp bad after just a few years of use. I'm waiting to build my own out of solid wood. I still haven't ran out of room so storage isn't a problem for me yet.

28jlf0o.jpg

sorry about the low res/blurryness (and the mess) but that's my four lined up good for stacking collectables on top as you can see.
This pic gives a good size of scale and capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back