- - - - -

HC + SC guides lowball pending. CE stuff probably. Maybe more stuff. UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

#1 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Some (relative) old-timers might recognize me from a few years back when I was more active in the trading / lowball / posting scene on CAG. Early in 2015 there was a personal tragedy which pretty much hit the "ALL STOP" button for a while; I pretty much became a hermit and stopped most of my interactions. Well, I'm still dealing with the aftermath of that incident -- which I honestly expect won't ever go away, but maybe will become minimized eventually -- but I've recently found myself browsing this section of CAG again after a year-long hiatus. And I suppose this is a good time to clear out some space while also recovering from paying my share of taxes to the federal and state governments of the US of A.

This OP will be updated on a regular basis as I get my sh stuff together. (Goal: At least daily)

IRL issues has delayed this until probably July or so.

I was part of several group lowballs in the past, but this will be my first time hosting one (unless some other sucker CAG wants to do the heavy lifting). So feel free to pipe up with your insults advice and point out any mistakes I make.

Timeline:

• April 17, 2016 - Made the (hard) decision to sell my stuff.
  • April 24 - Tentative date to finish digging up through everything. And take pictures. (and host them?)
  • May 1 - Tentative date to begin the lowball. Because procrastination and buying supplies.
  • May 6 - Definitely NOT going to end the lowball. Because Fuck if I'm going to compete with the release date of Captain America: Civil War
  • May 8-15 - Pick an ending date. (Note to self: May 8 is Mother's Day)
  • Delayed due to IRL issues. Hopefully will resume around July timeframe.

Preliminary rules (to be finalized later after I check the rules):

• If you have less than X feedback (or have feedback troubles) or your account is newer than Y months, contact me before the lowball begins otherwise I reserve the right to disqualify your bids.
  • Shipping will be restricted to the regions where I don't need to fill out custom forms for the USPS (which I believe is the USA + protectorates, please correct me if I'm wrong). Contact me before the lowball begins if you want to argue your case walk me through customs + shipping process for your international location, and I may consider exceptions for those individuals. I would also appreciate it if Hawaii / Alaskan / US protectorate bidders also contacted me ahead of time just so I can get a feel for how reliable / long it takes for deliveries depending on the shipping option.
  • Shipping methods and prices: still in progress - per item or by weight. More experienced and recent sellers, please feel free to provide advice and guidance since I haven't done this in a while and postal rules may have changed.
    • Small number of SC / HC guides that fit into a padded envelope - A) First Class in padded envelope, B) Priority Mail in padded envelope, or C) Media Mail in padded envelope (prefer not since longer time = more risk of damage?; feel free to discuss)
    • Large number of SC / HC guides - A) Media Mail in a box, or B) Priority Mail in a box (Flat Rate if it makes sense)
    • Digital codes / media - CAG PM system within 24? hours of received / confirmed payment. I may end up asking you for a time frame where we can do a "live" PM conversation so you can verify / redeem the code immediately.
    • Everything Else - ranges from First Class to Ground to Priority.
  • Payments will be via PayPal. If you want to advocate Amazon Payments or some other service, do it publicly in this thread so other CAGs can jump in with counter-arguments we can have a healthy debate. If you want to pay via Money Order or cash (note: I have never actually seen anybody take this option before), please contact me before the lowball begins to discuss details otherwise I won't accept it.
    • Since this is CAG and not some other unnamed scummy site(s), there is an expectation of clear and prompt communication. Please provide payment within 48 hours (not counting Sundays) of receiving your finalized invoice. If you foresee that this timeframe is problematic, please contact me before bidding so we can discuss what is workable. If an emergency comes up an any point in time, please let me know ASAP so we can come to a solution together.
  • Ending Time and Format - In an experiment to deter last minute snipers, I'm going to try mixing two strategies together.
    • When the lowball starts, I announce a general date and (very large) time range for the ending.
    • Throughout the ending day, I progressively provide updates narrowing the ending time range.
    • Within the ending time range, I will arbitrarily post "Primary bidding is over - only items with bids in the last X minutes have a Y minute rolling window for new bids" - followed by a list of valid items.
    • During this Y minute rolling window, any bid on a valid item with a CAG time stamp of [previous bid time stamp + Y minutes] will reset the Y minute rolling window. (Example: During a 5 minute rolling window, the previous valid bid by CAG Alpha is at 9:00 PM. Then, as long as CAG Beta posts a new bid with a time stamp of 9:05 or before, then CAG Beta's bid extends the 5 minute rolling window. But, if CAG Beta had placed the bid at 9:06 PM, then his bid would have been outside the rolling window and CAG Alpha would have won the item.)
    • To discourage any "let's out-wait the other guy" tactics, at an arbitrary time I will cut off any and all rolling window bids with the post "This lowball is now over. Any bids after this post will not be counted." The words "Thank" and "You" will most likely also be included somewhere.
    • I will contact CAGs within 24 hours of the final ending post to confirm the items that were won. Depending on materials on hand and my final decision about how to calculate shipping costs, invoices may take several more days to finalize.

Item List (under construction. Items will continually be added / removed.)

* Hardcover / CE strategy guides / artbooks

Battlefield 4 CE guide - New/Sealed

?Bioshock 2 CE guide? - New/Sealed

?Borderlands 2 CE guide? - New/Sealed

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare CE guide - New/Sealed

?Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 CE guide? - New/Sealed

Dead Rising 2 CE guide - New/Sealed

Disney: Epic Mickey CE guide - New/Sealed - long rip in plastic front / side

?Dragon Age 2 CE guide? - New/Sealed

Guild Wars 2 CE guide - New/Sealed w/ quick reference map stand

?Halo: Reach CE guide? - New/Sealed - will try to guess which cover

Homefront CE guide - New/Sealed - small rips in plastic

?Mass Effect 2 CE guide? - New/Sealed

Medal of Honor CE guide - New/Sealed

Resident Evil 5 CE guide - New/Sealed

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 CE guide - New/Sealed - minor rips in plastic

Super Mario Galaxy CE guide - very good, includes map poster?

Super Mario Galaxy 2 CE guide - New/Sealed

?Tales of Xillia 2 CE guide? - New/Sealed

?Tales of Zestiria CE guide? - New/Sealed - long rip in plastic along top edge

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Atlas (hardcover) - New/Sealed, oversized

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria CE guide - New/Sealed with bamboo chopsticks

* Softcover strategy guides

Assassin's Creed 3 guide - New/Sealed

?Batman: Arkham Knight guide?

Dante's Inferno guide - New/Sealed - small rip in plastic front

Dead Island Riptide guide - creased corners front cover

Donkey Kong Country Returns guide - New/Sealed

Fable 2 guide - spine crinkle

Fable 3 guide

Far Cry 4 guide

Final Fantasy 13 guide

LEGO: Pirates of the Caribbean guide - spine crinkle

Modnation Racers guide

Singularity guide

Spec Ops: The Line guide

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions guide

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty guide

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Convictions guide - New/Sealed

* Collector's Editions (complete, no game, or listed separately) / related items

?Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE?

?Assassin's Creed 3 CE?

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag CE - complete or separately?

Battlefield 4 MetalPack only (G2 size)

? :ps3: Bioshock 2 CE? - New/Sealed - actual shipping (regional rate B box?)

:ps3: Final Fantasy 13 - "Episode i" novella w/ 13-2 cardboard slipcover/enclosure

? :360: Gears of War 3 Epic CE? - New/Sealed? - actual shipping

:ps3: Mass Effect 3 CE - complete or separately?

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist "Paladin" CE - actual shipping

* Games

:ps4: Fallout 4 - very good, complete with poster

:ps3: Mass Effect 2 - New/Sealed

* Digital codes (iTunes, Microsoft points, DLC?)

* Other things?

Tracfone LG 400G - New in box

Simple Mobile dual SIM GSM card - New/Sealed

Net10 Wirless GSM / CDMA BYOP Activation Kit - New/Sealed

* Miscellaneous - Lower starting bids

Witcher 2 Papercraft + stickers

Edited by ragingst0rm6, 04 June 2016 - 06:40 PM.

vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler

#2 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

reserved #1

ignore this old stuff in the spoiler.

Spoiler

#3 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

reserved #2

#4 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

reserved #3

#5 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10109 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Why is Bioshock 2 and Resonance of Fate extra shipping?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6 Cmw7290   lvl100 CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Why is Bioshock 2 and Resonance of Fate extra shipping?

I think its guides, not actual games.

#7 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   10109 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

I think its guides, not actual games.

D'oh, stupid me.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#8 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Yea, sorry for the confusion. Most of the items in this lowball will be guides. I have some CEs that I might put up in an April/May lowball.

#9 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

sorry, wasn't able to get details finished last night. Start date pushed back to tomorrow, Saturday 3/9

#10 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

is there any interest in this? Or is the timing not great due to other lowballs, game releases, etc?

#11 strizay   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   998 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

meh ... no ps3 games and low swag. I'm limiting my self on lowballs these days unless it's something I really want.

#12 Setherial   Angel of Death CAGiversary!   791 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

i'd bid =)
Visit My Lowball Auction: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313799

Visit my Sale/Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=314633

#13 MasaTFC   Chelsea 2014-15 EPL Champs !!!!! CAGiversary!   4905 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

I only care about the ROF guide.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Rest of my collection is for sale!

#14 The Dark Enforcer   Thunderstruck!!! CAGiversary!   678 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

The Dark Enforcer

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

I might throw a bid or two out

#15 batman1939   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Only 2 things I would bid for.

#16 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Since there doesn't seem to be too much interest for the most part, I'm going to delay this until I can dig up some additional games/CE stuff.

Apologies to those of you looking forward to it. I'll probably put up a poll about some items in the next week or so.

#17 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

would love some pics of the guides (am mostly looking as collectible). Will definitely get in on the Micrsoft points of course, excited for this one whenever it starts:)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#18 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

I was honestly quite surprised to find this thread. Apparently it's been 3 years since I had the intention to run my own lowball; looking back it seemed like I ended up putting my stuff in group lowballs instead.

Anyways, updating this to make a commitment to actually run one. Look for an update later today as I begin sorting through my things. Maybe I'll also revive my trade list thread(s) again at the same time.

vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler

#19 DrRockenstein   Games, games never change CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

DrRockenstein

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:01 PM

So uhhhh when I can get some of these guides?

#20 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

So uhhhh when I can get some of these guides?

Sorry, a whole bunch of IRL stuff happened all at once. If there's something you're interested in specifically feel free to PM me. Otherwise I'll try to get back to this when things settle down, probably just before or after the July 4 holiday.

vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler