**DEAD** Crysis 3: Hunter Edition (360 & PS3) $39.99 @GoHastings.com

[quote name='pun123']I see a PM coming to BB[/QUOTE]
I'm going to try today but since the new PM policy is effective as of today, they might not allow

but I'm silver so lets see what's up!

If I had already purchased Crysis 3 ($60) with the $20 cert promo, if let's say I successfully price matched this to BBY, what will happen? Will I still get the $20 cert or what?

[quote name='Dund3r']Gohastings.com isn't a competitor they PM.[/QUOTE]Unless that changed with the new policy in place, I was able to PM Gohastings.com's $39.99 price for Dead Space 3 a short while ago.

Does Amazon price match them? if so, get Amazon to price match and then have best buy price match Amazon

edit: lol video gamer has the right idea

[quote name='nintendokingdom']Does Amazon price match them? if so, get Amazon to price match and then have best buy price match Amazon

edit: lol video gamer has the right idea[/QUOTE]

And u have the same join date/year as me - lol

Well it worked at my BB store. didn't even look at website ;|

http://imgur.com/nFSIXXf

(Jackson McAllen store)

I could have gotten it for $30 if I was dishonest also

I called up my local BB. I was told they would price match them because they have Brick and Mortar stores. But when I got up there, they were giving me problems because Hastings isn't on their list of approved PMs. But the guy was cool and went ahead and PMd for me. So definitely YMMV.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Everyone just keep submitting a price match on Amazon's page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SXGU8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The submitting the lower price section under the product details if u scroll down a bit where it says "tell us about a lower price"

Takes 20 seconds to submit it - cant hurt - not tax and free shipping for most states if they price match it.[/QUOTE]

I'm on it - hoping for an Amazon match bc I hate dealing with Gogastings.com's buggy website and cancelled orders.

[quote name='JoshTX']I'm on it - hoping for an Amazon match bc I hate dealing with Gogastings.com's buggy website and cancelled orders.[/QUOTE]

If we get enough price match submissions - they should price match - they do it all the time.

I just called and the rep PMed without even checking the site. Very YMMV but awesome. I just said I found it for 40bucks and she PMed. This was bb btw.

[quote name='RoMee']I hope amazon price match, because gohasting's shipping is like the WiiU... CRAPPY.[/QUOTE]

omg $2.28 it's so expensive

[quote name='jrr6415sun']omg $2.28 it's so expensive[/QUOTE]

Its 228% more expensive then $0.00 shipping from Amazon and BBY (with Silver)

[quote name='jrr6415sun']omg $2.28 it's so expensive[/QUOTE]

Silly little kid, who was talking about the shipping price?

Here you go, learn how to read it.
[quote name='GBAstar']In for a poly bag and cracked case.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joshnorm']Its 228% more expensive then $0.00 shipping from Amazon and BBY (with Silver)[/QUOTE]

Isn't 228% of 0...0?

Well i printed out the page showing it was 39.99, took it to bestbuy hoping i could get a price match and i was able to get it. Granted there was a little hassle but i got it nonetheless.

Well it doesn't look like Amazon wants to match it, but there has now been a thread started saying it is available for just over 40 on Origin's site.

I bought this for $34 used from Gamestop with that 20% off coupon, played the single player and returned it. It was decent. I thought 2 was better.

[quote name='StryderOmega']This is correct lol. Math seems to fail him haha.[/QUOTE]

Public education at its finest what can I say. When I realized it it was already quoted so no time to edit $0 to FREE or something that made sense.

[quote name='joshnorm']Public education at its finest what can I say. When I realized it it was already quoted so no time to edit $0 to FREE or something that made sense.[/QUOTE]

It's ok. It happens. /shoulderpat

For what it's worth, I firmly believe this game is the weakest of the trilogy to date. The Single player tries to be both of its predecessors, and it ends up failing to be either. There is some fun to be had online, due to the addition of the bow, but that is certainly very short lived. Crysis has been one of those FPS that really serve to keep the genre interesting, but this game falls off of that wagon by quite a bit. The game also has a fair few technical problems--assuming they haven't been patched yet.

[quote name='Kai984']How did you guys PM BB?
I went to 3 different BB and no go :([/QUOTE]
I brought a printout of the GoHastings Crysis 3 product page. The first BB I went to said no because GH was not on the list of pm sites that started March 3. Then I went to my usual BB and they pm'd no question. On the computer register there is a list of sites to match against. The last on the list is something like "other website". That's what they can use to pm a site like GH. It's up to them if they want to match an "other" site, so YMMV.

Worked for me on the phone for my online order. Thanks. She also gave me the heads up on the pricematch changes that are now in place for regular members and silver members April 18.

What department have you guys who have been successful at pricematching at Best Buy online been transferred to? I've tried the video game department several times but no one would price match it. One person did say that they are looking to add more competitors to the list, but I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

I dealt with three asshole reps yesterday. First guy told me they have never price matched online stores (I called him out on that and he claimed to have worked for the company for four years). Second rep put me on hold for over 8mins trying to determine if she would pm it or not. She finally said no, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she put me on hold for another 10mins before hanging up.

Called back and the third rep told me that she couldn't pm it because it wasn't on their list. I asked if that meant I had to go into the store to do a pm and she told me that the store would tell me the same thing. Asked to speak to a manager, who then confirmed that a store WILL pm hastings if there is one within 25mles.

After spending an hour and fifteen minutes on the phone, and dealing with three very frustrating reps, I asked the manager if he could issue me a $20 credit for the hassle. He apologized for the reps and agreed. Not exactly a pm, but that hour of 'work' was pretty brutal. Normally, BB is great with me. This was not one of those times.

(for those asking, you want the POST-PURCHASE VIDEO GAME DEPARTMENT)

[quote name='honzoh']I dealt with three asshole reps yesterday. First guy told me they have never price matched online stores (I called him out on that and he claimed to have worked for the company for four years). Second rep put me on hold for over 8mins trying to determine if she would pm it or not. She finally said no, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she put me on hold for another 10mins before hanging up.

Called back and the third rep told me that she couldn't pm it because it wasn't on their list. I asked if that meant I had to go into the store to do a pm and she told me that the store would tell me the same thing. Asked to speak to a manager, who then confirmed that a store WILL pm hastings if there is one within 25mles.

After spending an hour and fifteen minutes on the phone, and dealing with three very frustrating reps, I asked the manager if he could issue me a $20 credit for the hassle. He apologized for the reps and agreed. Not exactly a pm, but that hour of 'work' was pretty brutal. Normally, BB is great with me. This was not one of those times.

(for those asking, you want the POST-PURCHASE VIDEO GAME DEPARTMENT)[/QUOTE]

So I guess the question is do you have a GoHastings near you? Or where you just being a complete dick when they stuck to their policy and not PM online stores that aren't listed (like I dunno GoHastings.com?) and asked for free money for spending an hour being a dick and trying to beat the system?

If you have one near you then I don't know why you wouldn't have gone in or just contacted them so they could call the local store would have been easier then what you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back