Final Fantasy VI Advance

Rockabye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I've decided I'm gonna bite the bullet and go get a copy of Final Fantasy VI for the GBA. I own Final Fantasy III on the Super NES, and I remember taking a look at VI GBA when it was first released, but it has since vanished from everywhere but resellers, and neither of my local used game stores has it (obviously).

The problem is that I have qualms about biting the bullet to the tune of $40, especially on a game that sold for less than that new. Anyone know a place or a way I could get it for somewhere between $20 and $30?

[quote name='batman1939']Other than building a time machine, right?[/QUOTE]

I've seen Primer, but I'm not sure I could follow the plans.

(And yes, without that. I did leave my name and number at one of the used stores in case it comes in.)

Another option is to find/buy another rare game for $20-30 (or dig into your collection for one) and trade it for FFVI with a CAG. I have FFVI and especially on this forum, sometimes a trade is just as good as cash.

Ebay might have a copy for about 15-30. Be careful a quick searched showed me a lot of fake copies. If you want I can take pictures of my cartridge so you know what a real one looks like.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Ebay might have a copy for about 15-30. Be careful a quick searched showed me a lot of fake copies. If you want I can take pictures of my cartridge
so you know what a real one looks like.[/QUOTE]

I've been haunting eBay. Failed to pull the trigger on IV/V/VI for $60 like an idiot; missed on a couple other VIs. The real one is the clean-ish label with the official Nintendo Seal, right?

[quote name='parKer']Another option is to find/buy another rare game for $20-30 (or dig into your collection for one) and trade it for FFVI with a CAG. I have FFVI and especially on this forum, sometimes a trade is just as good as cash.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea, though there are only like nine on the CAG marketplace. If any of y'all are reading this thread, I'd happily find something to trade.

Do you have a Vita? If so, you can get the psone classic version for $10 (might still be on sale for $5)

[quote name='stikmanrp']Do you have a Vita? If so, you can get the psone classic version for $10 (might still be on sale for $5)[/QUOTE]

I was looking into buy VI myself recently until I saw the used prices. I was going to the ps1 classic version but its just a port of the psone title and IIRC it has horrendous load times

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Yeah its the label that looks very plain and an officianl nintendo seal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/Seph1roth/20130305_194333_zpsc05de028.jpg

thats my copy.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Thanks!

[quote name='stikmanrp']Do you have a Vita? If so, you can get the psone classic version for $10 (might still be on sale for $5)[/QUOTE]

No Vita. I could still buy the PSone version on PS3, but I wanted the GBA one.

I probably wouldn't want the GBA one over the PS1 one, since their soundtracks are not the same quality as the SNES's, which is what trolls would say.

[quote name='Hiroshou']That's a great price! You'll have to provide an update when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

Will do, and with pic!

It took about three weeks of diligent hunting (and a couple of near-misses) to find it at that price, and the listing made no guarantee that it works, which is kiiinda troubling, but the pic was of the legit cartridge, so...

Just make absolutely sure it's not a fake, if I remember correctly you can look into the slot and see if there's a Nintendo logo on the PCB to check.

http://imgur.com/a/n2pkm

Here's an album of pics of it/gameplay. Compared it to my Sword of Mana cart (only other Squenix game I have right now) and it looks legit to me.

I couldn't see inside at the board, but it doesn't look like there's a seal.

[quote name='jimjom']FFVI is my favorite game of all time. I do prefer the GBA version, better translation and added dungeons and espers!

http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1123

FINAL FANTASY VI RESTORED! Music, sound is restored and brightness is adjusted to match SNES!

This is the version, yes, it is a ROM but you'll figure it out from there.[/QUOTE]

too bad there is no way to patch in the Woolsey translation.

[quote name='Rockabye']http://imgur.com/a/n2pkm

Here's an album of pics of it/gameplay. Compared it to my Sword of Mana cart (only other Squenix game I have right now) and it looks legit to me.

I couldn't see inside at the board, but it doesn't look like there's a seal.[/QUOTE]

That looks real. You can tell if a cart is real by looking at the bottom of the cart. If you shine some light at the very bottom and look at where the metal connectors are you should be able to read Nintendo above the gold connectors.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']That looks real. You can tell if a cart is real by looking at the bottom of the cart. If you shine some light at the very bottom and look at where the metal connectors are you should be able to read Nintendo above the gold connectors.[/QUOTE]

Just checked that, and yep, that's the case. Thanks!

Now to figure out where it fits in my backlog...

[quote name='Rumors']I was looking into buy VI myself recently until I saw the used prices. I was going to the ps1 classic version but its just a port of the psone title and IIRC it has horrendous load times[/QUOTE]

If you can find a PSPgo, you can get a dock and component cables to play it with a dualshock 3. :)

bread's done
Back