$50 Gift Card with purchase of 3DS XL at Meijer [In Store MIDWEST Only]

Spuratis

CAGiversary!
Topic says it all, just picked up a 3DS XL at Meijer for $200.00 and got a $50 GC back. Thought I'd share since it's a pretty good deal, especially if you'd end up spending that $50 towards grocery's or whatever anyways.

Sale ends 3/9 for people in Michigan, not sure about other states.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really think about it until after I bought it, but you can probably price match this at Best Buy. I asked them if they'd price match a gift card deal that was going on at Target some time ago and they said they would.

I'm not sure, you might want to call and ask customer service. On their website I'm not seeing the red/black 3ds XL but I do see the blue one and you can order online.. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do the deal online.

Also, this sale will start on different dates for different regions. For my store in central Indiana, it won't be on sale until Thursday.

Ahh, I probably should have mentioned the date. The sale goes through 3/3-3/9 here in mid-michigan.

[quote name='Spuratis']Ahh, I probably should have mentioned the date. The sale goes through 3/3-3/9 here in mid-michigan.[/QUOTE]

Same here in mid-ohio. At least according to the online weekly ad.

Erm.. it's not letting me post a link so try this.

I just went to the meijer website, selected weekly ad from the drop down menu and then I clicked "Browse by Product" and in the drop down box select Nintendo 3DS.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']Also, this sale will start on different dates for different regions. For my store in central Indiana, it won't be on sale until Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Gah, wish I had known that before I went! They had no idea what I was talking about. How did you get that info?

[quote name='Spuratis']Erm.. it's not letting me post a link so try this.

I just went to the meijer website, selected weekly ad from the drop down menu and then I clicked "Browse by Product" and in the drop down box select Nintendo 3DS.[/QUOTE]

No worries. I'll try to search for it again. Thanks again

[quote name='Docsamson']Gah, wish I had known that before I went! They had no idea what I was talking about. How did you get that info?[/QUOTE]

I work there.

Thanks OP, I picked up the Mario Kart 7 3DS XL bundle with a $50 Gift Card for $212. Excellent deal especially with the Luigi's Mansion register bonus later this month, get a free copy of Super Mario Land to go along with my Mario Kart 7. I already had the original 3DS but at this price I figured it was a great time to upgrade.

I contacted support to see if you can do this deal online, as there are no Meijer stores in my state.

I have a feeling I couldn't get it price matched for this same reason.

[quote name='GreyFox787']I wonder if I could price match...even though there are no Meijer stores here...[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any store that matches gift card offers.

As an example, Target has listed under exclusions:

"Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card."

Thanks for the heads up. Checked the physical newspaper ad just to make sure. Just have to stop by Meijer on the way home.

Thanks OP, picked one up today. There is 3 Mario Kart 7 XL bundles left at the Ypsilanti, Michigan store if anyone is interested.

[quote name='E-104 Epsilon']I contacted support to see if you can do this deal online, as there are no Meijer stores in my state.

I have a feeling I couldn't get it price matched for this same reason.[/QUOTE]

Damn, the offer isn't available online. I've been waiting sooooo long for a deal like this and now I can't get it. Shoot.

the ultimate deal would be to buy the mariokart bundle, pick up luigis mansion with that $50 card, & get the free game download. im contemplating this hard core even though i have a 3ds (ambassador). early adopters FTL.

Oh God I just got my tax return and have way too many temptations between this, a Wii u, and starting to build a new PC.

It certainly isn't that I don't have anything to play as I already have a ps3, pspgo, and a 360. I am considering selling the pspgo and 360 however.

Hmm...

[quote name='E-104 Epsilon']Damn, the offer isn't available online. I've been waiting sooooo long for a deal like this and now I can't get it. Shoot.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing and it seems the question has been answered. Thank you for clarifying the issue.

[quote name='jamesetakacs']the ultimate deal would be to buy the mariokart bundle, pick up luigis mansion with that $50 card, & get the free game download. im contemplating this hard core even though i have a 3ds (ambassador). early adopters FTL.[/QUOTE]

Ambassador status can be transferred to an XL.

[quote name='harleypv']Ambassador status can be transferred to an XL.[/QUOTE]

Does it erase all of the games on the ambassador 3ds? I've been debating getting an XL but would like to have my ambassador games on both systems.

Gotta say, I opened this thing last night and I'm really happy with it. I never owned a regular 3DS but I've been playing my DS lite nonstop for the last couple months. This 3DS XL just looks great and is smaller than I expected in size, but the screens are huge.. very nice.

[quote name='synnarc']Does it erase all of the games on the ambassador 3ds? I've been debating getting an XL but would like to have my ambassador games on both systems.[/QUOTE]

From what I hear after you transfer the ambassador status you swap the sd card into the XL and then the games will play on that, not 100% sure but I don't think they will work on the old 3ds anymore.

everything transfer over from the ambassador 3ds to the xl.

nothing's left to play on the original.

I did the transfer about 2 months ago.

Telling my friend about this. He has been looking for a good price on a 3ds xl, and this is one of the best deals since black friday!

seems like in-store only.

which makes anyone living outside of the midwest ineligible for this "deal."

Got a $50 gift card back when I purchased the Mario Kart bundle yesterday at the East Washington Meijer. They still had a few left when I was in!

My friend was able to pick up a Mario Kart 7 3ds xl bundle, and then managed to use his $50 meijer GC for a $50 amazon GC!

Can the TC please add [IN-STORE ONLY (MIDWEST)] to the topic title so people outside of that region don't get their hopes up :cry:

Edit: Thank you :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that iGen, I fixed it. My first topic here on these forums and never really thought about it.. now I know.

If you have a Meijer CC, today they're doing 15% off all general merchandise. The terms state it's not valid on electronics or video game hardware, but it WORKED for me getting a 3DS XL today and an ipad. So ended up costing me $200 (retail price) -$30 (the 15% off) -$50 (the free gift card, which is like cash to me). So net is $120 plus tax on $170. Not bad! No MK7 versions though, just the plain red, blue, or pink ones.

I wish I could order online and pick one up in-store because there's no way I'm getting to a Meijer store this late at night. Oh well. I'll wait for another deal.

[quote name='Sarang01']Man I wish we had a Meijers around here. Just destroy that horrible store Wal-Mart and replace it with Meijers.[/QUOTE]

Grass is always greener, meijer is pretty the same as Walmart. But it's on a smaller scale.

P.S this week they have Dishonored for 29.99 and get a $30 GC with a purchase of a Vita or 500 GB PS3.

Man, wish I had seen this yesterday. Was going to wait until the end of the month and hope Luigi was good enough to jump on their upcoming free game promo but this would have been way better.

[quote name='nsanchez1']Grass is always greener, meijer is pretty the same as Walmart. But it's on a smaller scale.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with this at all. Not only are Meijer stores clean, well-stocked and with better employees; Meijer brand stuff is always top quality (unlike the insultingly mis-named Walmart "Great Value" brand stuff).

[quote name='nsanchez1']Grass is always greener, meijer is pretty the same as Walmart. But it's on a smaller scale..[/QUOTE]

Definitely nothing like Wal-Mart at all. If you mean they sell stuff, then sure they're similar but everything else they are completely different. Meijer is much cleaner, they have quality apparel, and they have great meat, chicken, and beef selection, all local.

[quote name='CaptainEnforcer']Definitely nothing like Wal-Mart at all. If you mean they sell stuff, then sure they're similar but everything else they are completely different. Meijer is much cleaner, they have quality apparel, and they have great meat, chicken, and beef selection, all local.[/QUOTE]

QFT. They are NOTHING like Walmart.

bread's done
Back