Do Reward Zone offers stack with PM at Best Buy?

Skooba81

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
Just received a reward zone offer for $30 off of Borderlands 2. BBY has it for 59.99 (29.99 after offer) and GS has it for 39.99. I was wondering if BBY would PM gamestop and still honor the $30 off since it does say on the coupon that it comes off of a sale price.

I was originally going to get a used copy from GS since I have a $20 off used coupon making it $17.99 but if I get it to stack I can grab another game like Skyrim or Halo 4 with the coupon.

For reference the BBY offer expires 3/16

Any feedback would be greatly apreciated!!

[quote name='Skooba81']Just received a reward zone offer for $30 off of Borderlands 2. BBY has it for 59.99 (29.99 after offer) and GS has it for 39.99. I was wondering if BBY would PM gamestop and still honor the $30 off since it does say on the coupon that it comes off of a sale price.

I was originally going to get a used copy from GS since I have a $20 off used coupon making it $17.99 but if I get it to stack I can grab another game like Skyrim or Halo 4 with the coupon.

For reference the BBY offer expires 3/16

Any feedback would be greatly apreciated!![/QUOTE]
They can.
Worked for me when Hitman Absolution was $40 at GS. BB had an offer that gave you a $20 GC with purchase. I PM'd and got the $20 GC as well, no problems. YMMV on the store and cashier/manager though.

Have successfully done it with PS All Stars when it was on sale at Target. They just applied the RZ offer as a Manufacturer's coupon. Only time I've tried it, so might've just been a lenient manager.

Borderlands 2 for 10 bucks sounds great though, might try it later.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Just found out that I have a $5 reward certificate on top of everything else. I will go try to pick it up tomorrow and report my hopeful success.

I've never actually price matched a store before, but from my understanding, don't most stores only honour B&M prices? The $40 Borderlands 2 at Gamestop.com says "Online only" and how would you go about even informing them of the lower price at BBY? Wouldn't you normally have to show them a print ad?

yes it works I price matched targets 19.99 wreck it ralph bluray price best buy was 22.99 then I used a 7.00 manufacture coupon and my 5.00 reward to get it for 7.99. the cashier was pissed off but oh well. :D

Just tried this for Battlefield 3 with the Gamer Coupon and they said no. Should of tried it with Borderlands 2 l.

Yes, and you don't need to print the reward zone certs anymore. BB's system has been upgraded to check if you have anything available and apply it to the purchase.

[quote name='dillonfan28']yes it works I price matched targets 19.99 wreck it ralph bluray price best buy was 22.99 then I used a 7.00 manufacture coupon and my 5.00 reward to get it for 7.99. the cashier was pissed off but oh well. :D[/QUOTE]
Best Buy cashiers tend to be some of the dumber people in retail. They don't understand that Best Buy gets paid back for coupons.

Even though the BL2 said online only the price was valid B&M at Gamestop as well. So apparently BBY no longer price matches GS as of sunday 3/3 BUT he was nice enough to honor the price match this time since the policy went into effect. So if anyone else wants to give it a shot it is very YMMV at this point but I will be enjoying my $5 Borderlands in the mean time!! :)

[quote name='dillonfan28']yes it works I price matched targets 19.99 wreck it ralph bluray price best buy was 22.99 then I used a 7.00 manufacture coupon and my 5.00 reward to get it for 7.99. the cashier was pissed off but oh well. :D[/QUOTE]
Completely different scenario. On a manufacturer coupon, Best Buy gets money back from the manufacturer. On a Reward Zone coupon (i.e. "offers"), Best Buy eats that.

Double dipping has always been against policy. This would reference dip #1 (PM to another store) and dip #2 (using a RZ coupon). Again, Best Buy eats the cost on dip #1 and on dip #2.

But as Best Buy has proved throughout the years... Let me quote Ellie Goulding... "Anything Can Happen"

bread's done
Back