"Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 ps3 download $41.99 @ gamestop.com"

Wonder if you get the extra DLC with this code that you get if you buy it directly off PSN? The price point is nice, if it was a download only title sure but I still rather have a physical copy on my 360.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Yeah I saw this the other day as well, hoping the 360 version will drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually surprised it hasn't yet. It didn't take long for the last one to drop to $45 quick, but then again it was release in a November and got lost in the influx of big titles. Still considering the limited market for it...

I heard this game is supposed to be worse than the first one... which is saying a lot. Extremely stiff combat, bland environments and extremely repetitive. I was able to enjoy it just because the first one because it was kinda fun slaughtering crazy amounts of enemies, regardless of the poor combat mechanics. Also, watching Mamiya crawl through tunnels was fun. The super moves were amusing for a while, but became somewhat of an annoyance since they lasted so long.

I'm not big on anime, so I haven't seen the actual series... but I found the story that I was presented pretty bland as well.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm not big on anime, so I haven't seen the actual series... but I found the story that I was presented pretty bland as well.[/QUOTE]

See, my love of the series was the only thing that kept me playing the first game. If it weren't for that, this would be just another DW clone. It honestly looks like nothing changed from the first game, but I have yet to play this one.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I heard this game is supposed to be worse than the first one... which is saying a lot. Extremely stiff combat, bland environments and extremely repetitive. I was able to enjoy it just because the first one because it was kinda fun slaughtering crazy amounts of enemies, regardless of the poor combat mechanics. Also, watching Mamiya crawl through tunnels was fun. The super moves were amusing for a while, but became somewhat of an annoyance since they lasted so long.

I'm not big on anime, so I haven't seen the actual series... but I found the story that I was presented pretty bland as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't deny that you really have to be a fan of the series to enjoy the game. If your only exposure to the series was the story mode from the first game, it's not like it had a incredible deep story to begin with but you only really got a watered down bullet points version with that.

I on the other hand never get tired of nailing someone with 100 cracked fist :lol:

[quote name='AugustAPC']I heard this game is supposed to be worse than the first one... which is saying a lot. Extremely stiff combat, bland environments and extremely repetitive. I was able to enjoy it just because the first one because it was kinda fun slaughtering crazy amounts of enemies, regardless of the poor combat mechanics. Also, watching Mamiya crawl through tunnels was fun. The super moves were amusing for a while, but became somewhat of an annoyance since they lasted so long.

I'm not big on anime, so I haven't seen the actual series... but I found the story that I was presented pretty bland as well.[/QUOTE]

The main appeal of this sequel seems to be that the manga story is almost entirely represented this time, and the combat is a bit more like the other Musou games in fluidity. By going that route (since they removed most supers and platforming) they alienated people who did like the first, and of course the many who hate the existence of Musou games in general. It's definitely more targeted at fans of the franchise that are also Musou fans, which is pretty niche, hence the slightly more negative reviews this time around.

bread's done
Back