Humble Bundle for Android 5: Solar 2, Beat Hazard, Super Hexagon. Bonuses added 3/12

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Games are DRM free and available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. Pay $1+ to get individual Steam Keys for each game. Soundtracks are included for all but Dynamite Jack.

Pay what you want for:
  • Beat Hazard Ultra
  • Dynamite Jack
  • Solar 2
  • NightSky

Beat the Average to get:
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Super Hexagon
  • Splice*
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP*
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe*

* Bonuses added March 12th at 11 AM PDT. If you purchased prior to that time they were added to your bundle regardless of the price you paid. Anyone who buys after that time will need to beat the average.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep swearing I shouldn't buy any more Indie games outside of bundles, and yet I always fall for the cheap prices and they always eventually show up in a bundle (Dynamite Jack & Super Hexagon being a case in point...)

[quote name='poxi']Dungeon Defenders + All DLC, again? meh[/QUOTE]

Well, except for the Android thing.

What Dungeon Defenders Android game is included? They had two games, Dungeon Defenders First Wave and Second Wave, available on the play store. One or both are no longer available. Is this one or both of those? Is this something else?

Depending on the answers to those questions, this could be a pretty cool bonus.

Otherwise, yeah, sorta weak. Lots of dupes here. I do really want Solar 2, so I'll go for $1.

It seems to me that, with this one and Humble Android 4, Humble has really been tailoring the Android bundles to, well, Android. The BTA stuff and real draws are aimed at Android users. PC gamers can find stuff to like, but not as much.

[quote name='gilby']Well, except for the Android thing.

What Dungeon Defenders Android game is included? They had two games, Dungeon Defenders First Wave and Second Wave, available on the play store. One or both are no longer available. Is this one or both of those? Is this something else?

Depending on the answers to those questions, this could be a pretty cool bonus.

Otherwise, yeah, sorta weak. Lots of dupes here. I do really want Solar 2, so I'll go for $1.

It seems to me that, with this one and Humble Android 4, Humble has really been tailoring the Android bundles to, well, Android. The BTA stuff and real draws are aimed at Android users. PC gamers can find stuff to like, but not as much.[/QUOTE]
It says Android users get Second wave.

The problem with Android BTA is that with patience you can get any Android game for .99 or less (free on Amazon App store, .10 or .25 from Google Play sales, etc.) so when you have to pay close to $6 to unlock them it doesn't make sense from a money pov.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The problem with Android BTA is that with patience you can get any Android game for .99 or less (free on Amazon App store, .10 or .25 from Google Play sales, etc.) so when you have to pay close to $6 to unlock them it doesn't make sense from a money pov.[/QUOTE]

I gave them $6 anyway (even though I already have most of these games) because I want to support DRM-free gaming, Linux gaming, and non-crap gaming on Android.

Plus, don't forget they'll be adding some bonuses (though they'll likely be reruns).

And I like the fact that you now get one Steam key per game.

[quote name='seamoss']I gave them $6 anyway (even though I already have most of these games) because I want to support DRM-free gaming, Linux gaming, and non-crap gaming on Android.

Plus, don't forget they'll be adding some bonuses (though they'll likely be reruns).

And I like the fact that you now get one Steam key per game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's plenty to support otherwise. Personally, I don't do much gaming on the phone and my phone wouldn't be able to run DD. Not sure on Super Hexagon, looks crappy to me TBH. I might go in on the $1 tier once I confirm I don't have at least one of those games.

I bought a few of these on the Steam Linux sale. Don't feel bad either. I wanted to show support that Linux is an interest to steam gamers.

Haven't played any of them yet haha.

[quote name='DeathDream']I bought a few of these on the Steam Linux sale. Don't feel bad either. I wanted to show support that Linux is an interest to steam gamers.

Haven't played any of them yet haha.[/QUOTE]

The only one I've actually played (and finished) is NightSky - it's a great puzzle game, I really recommend it. Play the normal mode first to get comfortable with controlling the marble - it's relatively "easy" and it shouldn't take you that long to finish it. Then try the alternative mode which is the *real* game and quite hard - I was pretty OCD about finishing this mode and sometimes it had me pulling my hair out. I was proud of actually being able to finish it without looking up a solution or skipping anything, including getting all the stars. Works great on Linux, might play it again on my tablet (can't really imagine playing any of these on a phone screen except maybe Super Hexagon, which doesn't really appeal to me).

That's a poor BTA bonus. Super Hexagon is less than $2 during the biannual sales. Bought at the $1 mark just because Dynamite Jack is normally around that price, meaning that Solar 2--the only other game I didn't have--would be free.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, there's plenty to support otherwise. Personally, I don't do much gaming on the phone and my phone wouldn't be able to run DD. Not sure on Super Hexagon, looks crappy to me TBH. I might go in on the $1 tier once I confirm I don't have at least one of those games.[/QUOTE]
I think Super Hexagon is the best game in this bundle. I wholeheartly recommend it, but it will be cheaper to buy it alone on sale. It is really challenging and addicting game. The easiest difficulty is called 'hard' and it is hard. I launched it only to check it out and after 12 hours in I still haven't completed the hardest 'hardestestest' difficulty. I hope I'll finish it soon.

[quote name='whitereflection']How do I download the soundtracks? It's only letting me download the games. Do I have to create an account?[/QUOTE]

Above the download links for the games you can choose platform and download method. Click the music button there.

[quote name='seamoss']I gave them $6 anyway (even though I already have most of these games) because I want to support DRM-free gaming, Linux gaming, and non-crap gaming on Android.

And I like the fact that you now get one Steam key per game.[/QUOTE]

If yer looking for non crap android gaming, keep walking.

[quote name='Rsmobile']If yer looking for non crap android gaming, keep walking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm kind of going to have to agree with RS on this one. I don't love any of these games and I already have most if not all. I'd check Steam to make sure but I can't even work enough effort to care to even to that.

I personally adored Waking Mars in their last Android bundle but these all look like typical retro or music or puzzle or whatever indie games.

I mean I have obscure tastes and buy almost everything. I think the only CAG that has more Steam games than me is Anarchy Oblivion, but still this bundle? meh

Just as a heads up Beat Hazard Ultra registers as Beat Hazard Complete even if you already own the base game so I assume it comes with some sort of DLC if you don't have it.

I put down a couple of bucks just for Dynamite Jack and whatever bonus they throw in later, I already own most of the those games from previous bundles

[quote name='louiedog']Above the download links for the games you can choose platform and download method. Click the music button there.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I couldn't find it because the mobile layout is default for Android devices and it doesn't have those tabs.

The Super Hexagon soundtrack is only three songs. Bummer since that was the only thing I beat the average for. I do want more Android bundles so hopefully in the future they could secure better games.

I reinstalled the HIB app a few days ago in anticipation of this and noticed Kairo, which I got via the Humble store, has an Android version. I'm actually surprised it wasn't in this bundle. It's already cross platform. Maybe next time when it's a little older.

Of course it crashed my phone after trying to play it for 5-10 minutes, so maybe it's not quite ready yet. It's also still only on Steam greenlight, but it seems like the HIB people have a relationship with Steam that could bypass that.

I can't believe the average is so high for these mediocre games.

Bought the bundle. Already owned NightSky and Beat Hazard though so here you guys go.

Beat Hazard Ultra: QR2GM-0WIQJ-F96XK
Nightsky HD: IAFWE-P8HW4-PYYAF

[quote name='Komentra']Bought the bundle. Already owned NightSky and Beat Hazard though so here you guys go.

Beat Hazard Ultra: -snip-[/QUOTE]

I snagged Beat Hazard as I was being indecisive, but I've decided I'm getting the bundle anyway, so I'm going to post later today with my code of Beat Hazard, as I am dumb. I'm having payment complications right now.

Surprisingly I don't have any of the non-BTA games so I threw in a buck for now until they unlock the bonus games.

Wow they have added a bunch more download content for DD since I bought the game a while back. Anyone played the "Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards" DLC? Worth it either here or through Steam when it is on sale?

[quote name='Komentra']Bought the bundle. Already owned NightSky and Beat Hazard though so here you guys go.

Beat Hazard Ultra: QR2GM-0WIQJ-F96XK
Nightsky HD: IAFWE-P8HW4-PYYAF[/QUOTE]

Grabbed Nightsky, thank you very much!

[quote name='icedwarrior']I snagged Beat Hazard as I was being indecisive, but I've decided I'm getting the bundle anyway, so I'm going to post later today with my code of Beat Hazard, as I am dumb. I'm having payment complications right now.[/QUOTE]

Got it to go through. As promised:

Beat Hazard Ultra Steam Key: VVQK3-27GCZ-6L458

Kinda wish I hadn't BTA with HiB 7. I already owned Legend of Grimrock through the Humble store, so I only BTA for the DD DLC. If I had passed on that, I could have just gotten it here + the Android version + Super Hexagon.

I knew there was a good chance that I'd eventually regret beating the average just to get DD. But in the very next bundle?

I went ahead and beat the average. Hopefully they add one of the previous Android bundles as the bonus since this is the first Android one I bought.

According to the Steam page, Beat Hazard Ultra requires the base game.
So Ultra is just a DLC, not a full game?
I was looking forward to trying it out on Steam and Android.

[quote name='reapersaurus']According to the Steam page, Beat Hazard Ultra requires the base game.
So Ultra is just a DLC, not a full game?
I was looking forward to trying it out on Steam and Android.[/QUOTE]

It's the complete collection in the Humble Bundle. Doesn't require you to have the base game first.

[quote name='spoderman']It's the complete collection in the Humble Bundle. Doesn't require you to have the base game first.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, i didnt have the game, and this gave me everything.

I picked it up, mainly for solar 2 (been wanting to try that for ages). Bundle was a bit meh tbh, hopefully they will add one of the old original bundles that i missed as a bonus.

Recent trend with the Humble Android bundles is to add the Humble Android Bundle from two Humble Android bundles ago. What I mean is, with HAB3, they gave HAB1 as the bonus. With HAB4, they gave HAB2 as the bonus. If the trend continues, look to receive HAB3 as the bonus.

For those who can't recall, HAB3 contained:
Fieldrunners
Bit.Trip Beat
SpaceChem
Uplink
Spirits (BTA game)

[quote name='Reraise']Confirmed, i didnt have the game, and this gave me everything.

I picked it up, mainly for solar 2 (been wanting to try that for ages). Bundle was a bit meh tbh, hopefully they will add one of the old original bundles that i missed as a bonus.[/QUOTE]
Weirdly enough, I had the base game without the Ultra DLC, and the code does not seem to be giving me said DLC. I'm getting that "you've already got this game" error message.

[quote name='mokmoof']Weirdly enough, I had the base game without the Ultra DLC, and the code does not seem to be giving me said DLC. I'm getting that "you've already got this game" error message.[/QUOTE]

weird indeed because I also owned the base game [w/ no dlcs], but just redeemed my key for beat hazard complete with no problems

I say try again and if its still not working, contact support. hopefully they can get you a working key

Wow, I'm even more apathetic about this one than I was about HAB3. I'm pretty sure I'll toss them a buck once the overwhelming disappointment starts to break in a few days. However if the bonus is HAB3, I'm going to club a baby seal.

After getting twitchy from playing Beat Hazard on my Galaxy S2 for an hour and a half, I redeemed the Steam key. It gave me the base game as well as the Ultra Beat Hazard DLC pack, which is fine by me as I don't use iTunes. It looks like all you miss from the complete edition is the iTunes/m4a support.

There's no way I'd BTA for stuff I already have, but a buck for Beat Hazard might be the best (and worst) gaming purchase I've made in awhile.

[quote name='The End']Recent trend with the Humble Android bundles is to add the Humble Android Bundle from two Humble Android bundles ago. What I mean is, with HAB3, they gave HAB1 as the bonus. With HAB4, they gave HAB2 as the bonus. If the trend continues, look to receive HAB3 as the bonus.

For those who can't recall, HAB3 contained:
Fieldrunners
Bit.Trip Beat
SpaceChem
Uplink
Spirits (BTA game)[/QUOTE]

This is a good point I overlooked. I'm pretty lukewarm about Dynamite Jack and Solar 2 (only two games I'd want/don't have) and if the bonus kick-ins are games from the last HAB (which I didn't even bother buying) then... meh.

Any other possibilities? List of Android games on Steam? Was Galaxy on Fire 2 Android or another mobile device?

bread's done
Back