Final Fantasy Dimensions 50% Off Android

Seriously. They should announce months in advance when something is going to go on sale and for how much so people do buy it before then.

My heart almost sank until I noticed it said for Android. I bought this on iOS not even a week ago after I played the prologue and enjoyed it. Fun game, now I'm really thinking about buying FFIII & FFIV (since I've never played the older titles).

Glad I waited. Now, I'm just wondering if I should hold out for a 75% off.

[quote name='eXiON']My heart almost sank until I noticed it said for Android. I bought this on iOS not even a week ago after I played the prologue and enjoyed it. Fun game, now I'm really thinking about buying FFIII & FFIV (since I've never played the older titles).[/QUOTE]

I can most definitely recommend IV. Not sure how it is on mobile/tablet, but was def among my favorites along with VI. If you got a PSP or Vita via PSN, I think the Complete version is worth a look. After Years is pretty cool too... (or you could play that via Wii, and IV on DS or wherever else it came out lol)

Maybe I'll peek at Dimensions now... but I'm lookin more for a Chaos Rings sale :p

[quote name='slidecage']would this work on amazon fires[/QUOTE]
You would have to root it and stuff. Amazon doesn't allow direct access to the Play store.

[quote name='whoknows']Seriously. They should announce months in advance when something is going to go on sale and for how much so people do buy it before then.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Who does this, Im not sure if youre being sarcastic.

[quote name='rad.dreamer3kx']Huh? Who does this, Im not sure if youre being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

You weren't top of your class, were you?

I heard all these FF games on mobile have DRM that requires you to be connected to data/wireless. Anybody know if this is true? Cuz that's a deal breaker for me. Especially when i have limited data/network access at work and school.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You weren't top of your class, were you?[/QUOTE]

Ive seen lots of stupid comments on boards, I cant tell anymore.

[quote name='rad.dreamer3kx']Ive seen lots of stupid comments on boards, I cant tell anymore.[/QUOTE]

One day I'll finish my sarcasm font then I'll make billions.

[quote name='AshesofWake']I heard all these FF games on mobile have DRM that requires you to be connected to data/wireless. Anybody know if this is true? Cuz that's a deal breaker for me. Especially when i have limited data/network access at work and school.[/QUOTE]

I just tried Chaos Rings with my phone in airplane mode and it ran so I think it's fine.

Give me a few and I will download this game as well and check it.

[quote name='scol']I can most definitely recommend IV. Not sure how it is on mobile/tablet, but was def among my favorites along with VI. If you got a PSP or Wii, I think the Complete version is worth a look. After Years is pretty cool.

Maybe I'll peek at Dimensions now... but I'm lookin more for a Chaos Rings sale :p[/QUOTE]

FFD is probably the first iOS game since the App Store inception that I've actually spent more than a few hours actually playing. Pretty surprised I got into it too (RPG with static sprites I mean) since I never played any previous games before VII (no surprise there) and the only other RPG I knew as a kid back then was Chrono Trigger.

I didn't even realize there was technically a FFIV-2 is a straight sequel with returning cast? Now I'm even more interested. Thanks for the suggestions!

[quote name='eXiON']
I didn't even realize there was technically a FFIV-2 is a straight sequel with returning cast? Now I'm even more interested. Thanks for the suggestions![/QUOTE]

Curb your interest. It's not that good.

Okay so here's what I found out about the internet connection to activate / DRM.

The very first time you run the game it requires a connection. It doesn't need to be a fast connection, just any connection so it can do a quick verify that you own the game. Once it has done its quick online activation you can play it without being connected.

As long as you have run the game at least once on your particular device while connected to the internet you shouldn't ever have a problem playing the game offline. I'm not a huge fan of DRM but I think that's reasonable enough. It doesn't require a constant connection at all.

[quote name='DeathDream']I'll hold out for $0.99. Lol joking. But seriously, $10 is to rich for my blood on an android game.[/QUOTE]

This is why we can't have nice things.

[quote name='scol']Maybe I'll peek at Dimensions now... but I'm lookin more for a Chaos Rings sale :p[/QUOTE]

It was on sale late last year; next time SE does a sale, it'll probably be part of it again.

[quote name='slidecage']would this work on amazon fires[/QUOTE]

Probably will, but you'll have to sideload.

Thus far I've had very few things which didnt' work when I moved it from my phone to my KF1.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay so here's what I found out about the internet connection to activate / DRM.

The very first time you run the game it requires a connection. It doesn't need to be a fast connection, just any connection so it can do a quick verify that you own the game. Once it has done its quick online activation you can play it without being connected.

As long as you have run the game at least once on your particular device while connected to the internet you shouldn't ever have a problem playing the game offline. I'm not a huge fan of DRM but I think that's reasonable enough. It doesn't require a constant connection at all.[/QUOTE]

Cool beans! Thanks. I have a few games that require constant connection and just make me sad when I'm in a building waiting etc and can't connect :(

Awesome! I was looking at this just the other day. I got $50 in google play credit as part of a Radio Shack promo when I picked up my S3. I couldn't quite justify $20 but I'll damn sure snag it for $10!

Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back