Skylanders Giants Wii Bundle (Console) w/Exclusive Gnarly Tree Rex - $99.99 @ Target

philmcfly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
In store only, I should have taken a picture of the sale tag.

Originally $149.99, and dropped to $129.99 during the holidays, the "Skylanders Giants Wii Bundle (Console) w/Exclusive Gnarly Tree Rex" has a temporary price cut at the moment for $99.99 at Target. I saw this at 2 different targets in NJ today while I was looking for Jade Flashwing.

This is currently out of print, but since it came out so late there are quite a few around still since no one seems to give a damn. They don't host the page on Target.com anymore. Currently only Toys R Us has it up on their site.

I guess they're having trouble getting rid of them, but $99.99 for a game, console, and exclusive seems to be a sweet price spot; not to mention the exclusive figure goes anywhere from $30.00 to $50.00 on eBay included. It is currently the only way to obtain Gnarly Tree Rex in the US. (The UK got him with the PS3 Bundle).

If anyone knows how, how the hell do I put the target symbol to the left of the thread name?

Wii_Skylanders_Bundle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
man if it wasnt snowing like a mother fucker i would run out and check..

then again

100 + tax = 108

even if i got 30 for it ebay takes around 4 or 5...

wii for 75 is still over priced

Plus did not see any of them last night so i doubt we have them locally

[quote name='slidecage']
100 + tax = 108

wii for 75 is still over priced[/QUOTE]

What is this strange math of yours? Are you thinking of selling the skylanders stuff and keeping the wii? If so, you're the only CAG, nay, the only gamer, wanting this because of the wii.

With that said, you can probably sell off the entire Skylanders set (game/portal/figures) for $60, netting you a wii, for whatever odd reasons you may have, for $40.

IMPORTANT EDIT:

I saw 3 Jade Flashwings at my Target today, but none were in the electronics section with the Skylanders figures. They were on a side endcap in the toys department, either the LEGO aisle or near it.

[quote name='slidecage']man if it wasnt snowing like a mother fucker i would run out and check..

then again

100 + tax = 108

wii for 75 is still over priced

Plus did not see any of them last night so i doubt we have them locally[/QUOTE]

If you have a Target card, negate some of that tax with the 5% off.

Yea it's still pretty pricey, but I figured I'd mention it. Also yes, most of us would not be in it for the Wii.

[quote name='Kerig']What is this strange math of yours? Are you thinking of selling the skylanders stuff and keeping the wii? If so, you're the only CAG, nay, the only gamer, wanting this because of the wii.

With that said, you can probably sell off the entire Skylanders set (game/portal/figures) for $60, netting you a wii, for whatever odd reasons you may have, for $40.

IMPORTANT EDIT:

I saw 3 Jade Flashwings at my Target today, but none were in the electronics section with the Skylanders figures. They were on a side endcap in the toys department, either the LEGO aisle or near it.[/QUOTE]

Well make that two of us. I was considering it for the exact same reason. I'm even an avid fan of Skylanders, owning both games and the etirety of the figure collection for the original. I just don't really care for this variant and have been debating a wii for a while. Some exclusives I'd like to catch up on.

[quote name='Kerig']What is this strange math of yours? Are you thinking of selling the skylanders stuff and keeping the wii? If so, you're the only CAG, nay, the only gamer, wanting this because of the wii.

IMPORTANT EDIT:

I saw 3 Jade Flashwings at my Target today, but none were in the electronics section with the Skylanders figures. They were on a side endcap in the toys department, either the LEGO aisle or near it.[/QUOTE]

should said wii with the game for 75 :)

i think there will be a few who would be in for it just for a DIRT CHEAP WII.... i know if i could get a wii under 50 new i would buy one

might check tomorrow if the roads are clear but like i said Im 99.99999% sure they dont stock them here

have 50 bucks in target cards would make it even better

My store had 6. Finally grabbed a Wii, and a classy looking color at that. Was debating snaggin one on BF but glad I waited. The recoup from the Skylanders is just about my price point.

Much obliged OP.

The new skylanders is coming.. so this Might go cheaper and the value of giants will go down. Watch the new commercial and try and defending your habit if you don't have children.

I would snag one of these but the lack if game cube backwards compatibility and is a chunk of change towards a Wii u will probably make me wait.

[quote name='dragonjud']These model Wiis don't even play GC games. Why would anybody be buying this just for the Wii?[/QUOTE]

Simple, I've never owned a Wii for the entirety of its lifespan. Now I'm going to dive into the Nintendo library I've ignored for these years. I have no intention of picking up a WiiU for many more years so this suits me perfectly. I don't care about Cube compatibility, my silver cube is still running like the day it came home with me for my GC library.

[quote name='cainiacprime']my store had 6. Finally grabbed a wii, and a classy looking color at that. Was debating snaggin one on bf but glad i waited. The recoup from the skylanders is just about my price point.

Much obliged op.[/quote]

lol

For anyone looking for giants to be shipped, Amazon has Thumpback and Eye Brawl available (not too hard to find). I did see Ninjini available to preorder, but it doesn't seem to be up right now. It was expected to be instock on the 7th (Thurs).

bread's done
Back