Any current deals on a 3DS? When would be the best time to buy? (besides BlackFriday)

SpyHunter

CAGiversary!
Really want to buy a regular 3DS (NOT XL) and I was just wondering if there are any good deals at the moment; seems to be $169.99 just about everywhere.

[quote name='SpyHunter']Really want to buy a regular 3DS (NOT XL) and I was just wondering if there are any good deals at the moment; seems to be $169.99 just about everywhere.[/QUOTE]

If u dont care about buing used, you can go to cowboom. I too just got a 3ds because i think the 3ds xl be too big. Just keep a eye on their 3ds deals. I got mines for $102.

If you want a regular 3DS, yeah cowboom is probably your best bet if you don't mind used.

Keep an eye out on the following link:

http://www.cowboom.com/Gaming/Video...e_high&store=fixed&query=&view=grid&keywords=

They actually have several Flame Red 3DS consoles available at $89.99 with free shipping and you can use code CowBoom5 to get another $5 off (if you are a new customer, or just make a new account).

In my experience the pictures of the items on cowboom are far more accurate than the descriptions so make sure to check the pictures before buying anything.

Also, if you have a friend who works at Meijer you could have them purchase it for you with their employee discount for an additional $20 (10%) off.

Dude.... you dont want the regular 3ds... I was a day one buyer of the original and also traded it in on a day one 3DSXL. You'd be doing a disservice not shelling out the couple extra dollars.

I have to ask, why? The only answer I can think of is really price or size. FWIW I love my 3ds and XL - and didnt regret one second of either purchase, which is what prompted the XL purchase, the original 3ds was that good.

Also worth noting - is the fire emblem bundle that is out (if you can find it in stock). It might be a little more money, but you get a great game, and a ltd. edition (sort of...) blue FE/3DS.

Let us know where you end up getting your handheld, and what kind of package/deal you might get!! good luck!
-Al

There's a good chance for some deals once Luigi Mansion 2 or Mystery Dungeon Pokemon comes out later this month...or maybe sooner with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I advise to be patient and hopeful.

[quote name='exceed19']Dude.... you dont want the regular 3ds XL

I have to ask why [/QUOTE]

I've heard regular DS games look terrible when upscaled to the bigger screen. It's the main reason I don't want an XL. Is that not the case?

[quote name='SpyHunter']I've heard regular DS games look terrible when upscaled to the bigger screen. It's the main reason I don't want an XL. Is that not the case?[/QUOTE]

Not really, many of the current DS titles appear fine on the larger 3DS XL screen because it is closer to the pixel density of the DSi handheld. There are more complaints about the original 3DS being blurry when showcasing DS games. And trust me, 3DS games look awesome on the XL screen ...colors and details really pop out.

At Meijer's, they are giving a $50 gift card with a purchase of a 3ds xl, so it would be like $149.99 for one! I know you are not looking for an xl, but i've tried both, and the xl is WAY better!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']At Meijer's, they are giving a $50 gift card with a purchase of a 3ds xl, so it would be like $149.99 for one! I know you are not looking for an xl, but i've tried both, and the xl is WAY better![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately we don't seem to have any Meijer's here in TX. Doesn't seem like the promotion is available for online purchases...

[quote name='SpyHunter']Unfortunately we don't seem to have any Meijer's here in TX. Doesn't seem like the promotion is available for online purchases...[/QUOTE]

I see. That is kind of like that Fry's store. There are none near Michigan!

From Newegg you can get a new original purple 3DS for about $145 with promo code or an XL for $180 if you check out with V.me. With no tax (in most states) and free shipping, they are the best deals right now if you don't want to hold on to a gift card. Second option is to get one from cowboom for about $92 like antip89 said.

bread's done
Back