Forza Horizon LE $39.03 Amazon

I got on when it was cheaper from Amazon last week, and they said the package was delivered, but I never got a package. I don't use Amazon often, my mailing/billing addresses are up to date, and when I submitted my review I checked the "I never received my package" option. But I haven't heard back from anyone. Any idea what I should do??

[quote name='TaylorM06']I got on when it was cheaper from Amazon last week, and they said the package was delivered, but I never got a package. I don't use Amazon often, my mailing/billing addresses are up to date, and when I submitted my review I checked the "I never received my package" option. But I haven't heard back from anyone. Any idea what I should do??[/QUOTE]

Shoot a email off to customer service or use the live chat.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Shoot a email off to customer service or use the live chat.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know they had a Live Chat. I'll have to check it out, thanks!

[quote name='blakesgameroom']eh 3 dollar difference isnt bad[/QUOTE]

It was actually only $30 before, so it's a 33% increase in price compared to the other deal. Fairly significant.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It was actually only $30.11 before, so it's a 33% increase in price compared to the other deal. Fairly significant.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

I just ordered my copy for $37.43 Surprised in a way that the LE of this would be in stock anywhere and at such a price. Really glad now that I didn't bother getting it on Black Friday for the reg edition for 35 bucks

[quote name='HumanSnatcher'] Really glad now that I didn't bother getting it on Black Friday for the reg edition for 35 bucks[/QUOTE]

It was actually only $15 at WalMart on Black Friday.

Its a really good game. I hardly ever play racers, but this is one that I actually put a ton of time into and finished. The whole festival atmosphere made this alot of fun.

Might have to finally pickup this game. I absolutely love Steelbook cases and I've been meaning to grab this one for sometime.

[quote name='shivan128']For someone who has not played a forza game, is there a difference between forza 4 and horizon?[/QUOTE]
They're completely different.

Forza 4 is a strict racing game set on specific courses.
Forza Horizon is an open world racing game where there's races and challenges everywhere.

Forza 4 is very tuner heavy while there's none of that in Horizon.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They're completely different.

Forza 4 is a strict racing game set on specific courses.
Forza Horizon is an open world racing game where there's races and challenges everywhere.

Forza 4 is very tuner heavy while there's none of that in Horizon.[/QUOTE]
Thanks... would you say that Forza 4 is analogous to Gran Turismo while Horizon is analogous to Burnout? Just trying to figure out which one to buy. I'm more into the Gran Turismo type of game with car purchases and car tuning, so it sounds like I'm looking for forza 4 more than horizon.

[quote name='shivan128']Thanks... would you say that Forza 4 is analogous to Gran Turismo while Horizon is analogous to Burnout? Just trying to figure out which one to buy. I'm more into the Gran Turismo type of game with car purchases and car tuning, so it sounds like I'm looking for forza 4 more than horizon.[/QUOTE]
I think that's a fair comparison.

If you like Gran Turismo then you'll feel at home in Forza 4. There's no racing outside of the set tracks.

[quote name='Flacksguy']It was actually only $15 at WalMart on Black Friday.

Its a really good game. I hardly ever play racers, but this is one that I actually put a ton of time into and finished. The whole festival atmosphere made this alot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I picked it up then and played A TON over the holidays. Truly a blast to play.

Horizon is definitely arcadier than Forza 4. The damage is only cosmetic, so you can't wreck out of races entirely. If you draft or take an off-road "shortcut", it won't void your leaderboard lap time, like it will in Forza 4. There is car modification in that you can tune a car to a specific class by adding upgrades, but you can't go in and micromanage things like tire pressure, gear ratios, or downforce like you can in Forza 4.

If you're a hardcore racer, F4 is the clear choice. If you're more casual, or have friends who are more casual and want to be able to race with them is a less intimidating atmosphere than in Forza 4, or even if you just like racing games of all flavors, Horizon is awesome.

I enjoy Forza Horizon much more than I liked Forza 4 and have played a lot more of Horizon as a result. Great game!

I'm going to pass on the LE. I'll probably buy a future GOTY version that includes all the DLC, if that ever happens.

[quote name='shivan128']Thanks... would you say that Forza 4 is analogous to Gran Turismo while Horizon is analogous to Burnout? Just trying to figure out which one to buy. I'm more into the Gran Turismo type of game with car purchases and car tuning, so it sounds like I'm looking for forza 4 more than horizon.[/QUOTE]

I would call Horizon more of an open world Project Gotham game, the racing isn't as arcadey to me as Criterion's games but its obviously more arcadey than a traditional Gran Turismo game.

I don't really play racers but I started getting into this. It is a beautiful game and it doesn't take itself too serious.

I wanted to use the wireless wheel but it makes it too difficult so I'm just going to stick with the controller. I don't use my xbox enough to invest in a dedicated wheel.

Good price though for the LE.

I believe my local Best Buy (Christiansburg, VA) had the LE for $40 as well. May want to check if you want it now for whatever reason. :)

also, @ Banjora, I played both Forza Horizon and NFS: Most Wanted through in the past two months, and enjoyed Horizon much more. Two totally different games, mind you, but Horizon is less frustrating for me as an unskilled racing game player. I did Horizon on the default difficulty with manual shifting, for what it's worth.

Both games have some annoying DLC advertising in-game, though. A pretty big turnoff. Both games are excellent and a lot of fun, at least.

I actually really like the wireless (motion-control) wheel. I find it much easier to play with it vs. a controller. I recommend it.

I don't know. Most of the DLC is just other cars, and even after you pay real money for them, you have to pay in-game currency to "buy" them in-game. Seems kind of stupid. There is the rally DLC, though. That at least gives you new courses and race type.

It's a great game. Picked it up on Black Friday and got the full retail 1000 gamerscore. Refuse to pay 20 dollars for the rally pack dlc and 50 for the season pass

bread's done
Back