Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC) $39.99 @ Amazon

This came out 2 weeks ago right? Christ EA is tanking. Same thing happened with Dead Space 3 and it didnt meet sales expectations. So I guess this didnt wither

The SP in this game is short as fuck. I beat it in a little less then 7 hours on superhuman difficulty, multiplayer was fun but it can get a bit frustraing at times when you constantly get killed by invisible enemies.

[quote name='joshnorm']And GoHastings.com

Now people can go PM at Best Buy if they want.[/QUOTE]

They price match Amazon for sure? I will run down there today if so

[quote name='SYNYST3R1']They price match Amazon for sure? I will run down there today if so[/QUOTE]

Yes they do. Amazon is on a list of places they price match so you should have no problem.

[quote name='SolarUxie']Yes they do. Amazon is on a list of places they price match so you should have no problem.[/QUOTE]

Alright thank you. I knew people were having problems with gohastings so I wasn't sure. Really good deal so I'm gonna have to run down there

[quote name='SYNYST3R1']Alright thank you. I knew people were having problems with gohastings so I wasn't sure. Really good deal so I'm gonna have to run down there[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was one of the ones that got them to price match gohastings but they gave me some hastle lol.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']This came out 2 weeks ago right? Christ EA is tanking. Same thing happened with Dead Space 3 and it didnt meet sales expectations. So I guess this didnt wither[/QUOTE]

this has been the routine with practically every EA game in the past couple of years

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']This came out 2 weeks ago right? Christ EA is tanking. Same thing happened with Dead Space 3 and it didnt meet sales expectations. So I guess this didnt wither[/QUOTE]

With new consoles looming, the launch window for these types of lesser-known games is shrinking even faster. I wouldn't be surprised if this is $20 in the next month.

Pre-ordered this from Amazon for $60, comes with $20 credit for future purchase and original Crysis. Just chatted with Amazon and get credit for the price difference of $20. Not bad!

[quote name='gundie']Pre-ordered this from Amazon for $60, comes with $20 credit for future purchase and original Crysis. Just chatted with Amazon and get credit for the price difference of $20. Not bad![/QUOTE]

Since when does amazon price match?

I will get it when to under $10. The single player is 5-6 hrs on normal so there are better games with more content that I want

But now a days wait a few weeks before buying since most games drop b $20 within first month

Davion:We’ll refund the price difference if the price drop occurred within 7 days of the delivery date. Since your item was delivered 14 days ago, I’m not able to refund the price difference.

I got dicked...this time.

I returned my Dead Space 3 copy and got it for $39.99 on the gold box day. Could not do it this time because I used the Dead Space 3 pre-order credit to buy Crysis 3. Once you use the credit, you cannot get it back. Oh well.

They are not tanking, but yes, it obviously didn't sell very well. EA can afford to do these temporary price drops. They do it like clockwork now. Guaranteed that 2 weeks after Army of Two 3 Cartel (or whatever its called) comes out, it too will hit $40 after 14 days.

Anyway, just bought Crysis 3 for 360.

#40after14

I ended up getting a $20 refund from Amazon. Emailed them asking if they pricematched and they gave me the 7 day excuse but a one time refund of $20. I've also been an Amazon prime member for 5 years and haven't ever contacted their customer service about issues like that before.

Thankfully I canceled my pre-order. Nothing against the game, but amazon had it sitting there un-shipped for 3 days after release, so I decided to cancel since I was getting pissed at them. I'll probably get the Origin deal since I have a birthday coupon from them.

[quote name='mossfan563']Is it worth getting at $40? Or should I wait until it's $30 or below?[/QUOTE]

Under 1,000 people playing mid day on xbox. I will be returning it tomorrow because the game is dying very rapidly. I saw all good reviews and even a lot of people on youtube playing multiplayer. I didn't expect the game to be dead.
Edit:
Can't return at Best Buy so I guess I'm stuck with it. That is the last time I buy a game at Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SYNYST3R1']Under 1,000 people playing mid day on xbox. I will be returning it tomorrow because the game is dying very rapidly. I saw all good reviews and even a lot of people on youtube playing multiplayer. I didn't expect the game to be dead.
Edit:
Can't return at Best Buy so I guess I'm stuck with it. That is the last time I buy a game at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking about buying it for $40. I played parts of 1 and 2 on the PC. I'll probably rent it on Gamefly and complete the single player.

And for your return attempt, you should already know that you cannot return a game that is opened...unless you're going to return the $40 copy you'll buy @ Gamestop/Amazon

[quote name='SYNYST3R1']Under 1,000 people playing mid day on xbox. I will be returning it tomorrow because the game is dying very rapidly. I saw all good reviews and even a lot of people on youtube playing multiplayer. I didn't expect the game to be dead.
Edit:
Can't return at Best Buy so I guess I'm stuck with it. That is the last time I buy a game at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

You really expected BB to accept a return on a game you opened and played? Is there any other retailer out there that would allow you to do that?

I had the same thought! I won't pre-order another EA game again. I've already "learned" that there's no need to buy an Assassin's Creed title for at least a month or two after it comes out. Will be $29.99 by then. Now I've learned that the $20 Game Credit on EA titles mean absolutely nothing too.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']You really expected BB to accept a return on a game you opened and played? Is there any other retailer out there that would allow you to do that?[/QUOTE]

Damn you mean I cant return my 1000 inch TV I bought for the Super Bowl and get my 1 million dollars back???? What kind of policy is that Best Buy? Last time I buy from you. Only reason I didnt buy it from Amazon was because Amazon wanted to charge me $3.99 for next day delivery. WTF Amazon seriously. You take my million and want 4 extra bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit:

Really? I thought it'd be active

Just curious to people buying this-- You could have preordered and got a $20 Amazon gift cert, plus some DLC. If $40 was your buy price for this game, what was stopping you two weeks ago?

Edit:

Doesn't sound like many but people are probably busy mid day also other big titles came out like metal gear and tomb raider so people probably just moved on to the next big then once that came out. That's why I'm not a fan of buying fps games around a busy release Window that isn't hugely popular. Plus some people can only get a few games a year so they may be saving money for Gears of War judgement or Bioshock Infinite. Busy couple of weeks in February/March for game releases this year

Edit:
I don't know if it's the same deal for Crisis 3 as it was for Crisis 2 but some of the bigger youtubers were paid $1,000 to post up crisis 2 game play when that game first came out.

Are there any other BB Silver members having a hard time PM'ing over the phone? I called twice already and was given some BS about how they only PM at the time of purchase. I know the new BB policy is not supposed to affect purchases before 03-02-13.

[quote name='Oboogie188']Are there any other BB Silver members having a hard time PM'ing over the phone? I called twice already and was given some BS about how they only PM at the time of purchase. I know the new BB policy is not supposed to affect purchases before 03-02-13.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it doesn't affect purchases prior to that date, but they may not match competitors after the sale.

From their new policy:

Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?

Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

That being said, I'm confident that if you keep calling back you will get a CS rep that will allow the PM to Amazon.

[quote name='Oboogie188']Are there any other BB Silver members having a hard time PM'ing over the phone? I called twice already and was given some BS about how they only PM at the time of purchase. I know the new BB policy is not supposed to affect purchases before 03-02-13.[/QUOTE]
A few of the reps I talked to on the phone last year said the same thing when I tried to PM online websites. Try PMing Gohastings or Gamestop because their sale prices are also B&M and mention that the price is in the Weekly Ads.

[quote name='usagi']A few of the reps I talked to on the phone last year said the same thing when I tried to PM online websites. Try PMing Gohastings or Gamestop because their sale prices are also B&M and mention that the price is in the Weekly Ads.[/QUOTE]

Good idea,Thanks! I'll give them a call lnow and give it a shot. Luckily I haven't opened it yet so worst case I'll take a ride to BB later on and do a return/rebuy.

[quote name='usagi']A few of the reps I talked to on the phone last year said the same thing when I tried to PM online websites. Try PMing Gohastings or Gamestop because their sale prices are also B&M and mention that the price is in the Weekly Ads.[/QUOTE]

I had a lot of difficulty PMing GoHastings.com this past weekend (I also don't have a B&M store in my area). Gamestop might be a little easier if Amazon won't work for you.

[quote name='Dund3r']I had a lot of difficulty PMing GoHastings.com this past weekend (I also don't have a B&M store in my area). Gamestop might be a little easier if Amazon won't work for you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah PM'ing gohastings.com was a no-go last weekend for me also.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Since when does amazon price match?[/QUOTE]

Amazon do price match. In fact, I had them price matched another order I placed recently and got almost $30 back in credit.

They told me they will price match if it's within 7 days of when I received my shipment, and that was the case. However, that wasn't the case for the Crysis 3 order, but they did an exception and refunded $20.

bread's done
Back