- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

#4831 Izod   CheepLikeASpoder CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

20, lol.

This. Just wait. I went back to PC in March. I had 4 Steam Games then... I'm at 319 now...

#4832 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16952 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

Play games? Silly CAG, games are for backlogs.

My post/signature agrees 100%:
http://www.cheapassg...79#post10724879

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4833 Estbarul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Does anyone knows wich of the NFS on sale features more car customization? It's one feature I really like and I heard new Most Wanted and others don't have much to offer.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#4834 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Does anyone knows wich of the NFS on sale features more car customization? It's one feature I really like and I heard new Most Wanted and others don't have much to offer.

You mean NFS: U2 style? None of them really do. Undercover and HP don't. Shift iirc has more performance tuning... but I've tried to blackout Shift.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4835 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3277 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

Dear god. With all these daily Steam sales, do you guys ever get a chance to play any of them? I've acquired over 20 games since I got my laptop last week and now I'm scared.

play games? who play games here?

#4836 Estbarul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

You mean NFS: U2 style? None of them really do. Undercover and HP don't. Shift iirc has more performance tuning... but I've tried to blackout Shift.

I knew you'll answer hah Too bad, was one of the best features in NFS U2, but I don't play NFS since MW I think so I'm kinda out from it, thanks for the answer, guess I'll pass over those two then.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#4837 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   5435 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Posted Image

This is all you really need.

Almost.

I do that in Games List form, but then I also separate them through installed / uninstalled.

I'm considering reorganizing the games by category just like other folks here have, but Steam is much faster in Games List than Games Details for me.

foxhack.jpg

#4838 MainMantz   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

anyone have Civ 5 for sale via steam?:)

#4839 Izod   CheepLikeASpoder CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

Trade Thread:
http://www.cheapassg...=342391&page=46

#4840 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16952 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

Why have you tried to blackout Shift?

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4841 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Why have you tried to blackout Shift?

Disappointment. Physics was totally whacked. It paid a good bit more for it than people picking it up now for $5.* I'll be giving it another spin in the near future... I have a G27 wheel/pedals/shifter arriving before next weekend.. =D (Though shift is lower down on that list... oddly I'll probably try it with TDU2 first, over my sim-sim racers... F1 2012 should be interesting too.) (Also my old keyboard died, and until I find a replacement as responsive and that meets my needs, it's strictly controller games atm.)

*Impression is tied to price/what you paid. I thought Bulletstorm was a brilliant and racious 4 hour romp; well worth the $5 I paid for it. If I paid even $20 I would have been a bit disappointed. More typically after finishing a game, I'll feel it was worth a good bit more than what my cheapass paid for it.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#4842 Frithsblessing   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Frithsblessing

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

How do you like the software? I been thinking about getting an expense monitoring/budgeting program and its really the only one I know of besides quicken.

It helps me be accountable with my money. It took a little getting used to at first, but it is really simple. My time on it isn't a real representation of the time I spend on it. My wife and I leave it open after a few quick minutes of entering purchases or moving money around. It might not be the style of budgeting that works for everyone, but I like it. I'd check out some videos on it to see if you like it before purchasing it.

And like a good CAG, wait for it to go on sale.

#4843 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

I have a G27 wheel/pedals/shifter arriving before next weekend.. =D (Though shift is lower down on that list... oddly I'll probably try it with TDU2 first, over my sim-sim racers... F1 2012 should be interesting too.) (Also my old keyboard died, and until I find a replacement as responsive and that meets my needs, it's strictly controller games atm.

Did you have a different wheel before? Seems odd for someone who seems so into racing games to have been playing stuff like F1 without a wheel.

For what it's worth, I thought Shift was a lot more fun with a wheel than it was with a controller.

#4844 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

This. Just wait. I went back to PC in March. I had 4 Steam Games then... I'm at 319 now...

just two months wow ur the best newomer cag hheh

#4845 MIND LINK   MURDER ALL RAPPERS CAGiversary!   3055 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

anyone have Civ 5 for sale via steam?:)

Seriously? How you gonna sit there and infect this thread with a series of words that could be mistaken for game deals or games in general? The fuuck outta here with that bullshit.

MARS

#4846 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

Did you have a different wheel before? Seems odd for someone who seems so into racing games to have been playing stuff like F1 without a wheel.

For what it's worth, I thought Shift was a lot more fun with a wheel than it was with a controller.

Not in a long time. I'd been trying not to pick another one up out of space needs, but I finally cracked (and the G27 came back on sale for $200 (new, shipped from B&H)). It's probably the single biggest upgrade I could have right now (since I finally lurched into the DX11 era a few weeks ago with a GTX 660 replacing my GTX 260), I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm glad to hear that from you. I've seen some comments around about Shift being rather better with a wheel.

#4847 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Anyone here looking to get the 4 pack? PM me if you are, I can host. I know there's a trade thread but it seems like there's a bigger audience here.

$4/per 4-packs on GG satiated most of the demand here a week ago.

#4848 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2597 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

headpiece747

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

Not in a long time. I'd been trying not to pick another one up out of space needs, but I finally cracked (and the G27 came back on sale for $200 (new, shipped from B&H)). It's probably the single biggest upgrade I could have right now (since I finally lurched into the DX11 era a few weeks ago with a GTX 660 replacing my GTX 260), I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm glad to hear that from you. I've seen some comments around about Shift being rather better with a wheel.

Looked up the Logitech G27 and this video came up:

Now I want the wheel and City Car Driving it is also trying to get greenlit: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=107382151

fss.png

Ecliptic Sight | Art by Ecliptic Sight |              sig.png

#4849 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago   Has been playing detective barbie
PS1

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

So who is excited about these Steam Trading cards?

#4850 iSerra   With the new day comes new thoughts CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

So who is excited about these Steam Trading cards?

From hats to cards...what's next? :lol:

#4851 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8660 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

From hats to cards...what's next? :lol:

Steam: The Movie

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4852 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16952 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Steam: The Movie

Who's directing?
Is it going to be a documentary?

Ooooh, is Morgan Freeman narrating?

#4853 Izod   CheepLikeASpoder CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

just two months wow ur the best newomer PC cag hheh

Fixed. You should see my console backlog.... :cry:

#4854 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   4908 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago   Has been playing Moon Patrol

Syntax Error

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Ooooh, is Morgan Freeman narrating?

Twice a year, hundreds of thousands of these creatures congregate here for "Steam Sales", to attempt to find mates and to be preyed upon by albatross.

#4855 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16952 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Disappointment. Physics was totally whacked. It paid a good bit more for it than people picking it up now for $5.* I'll be giving it another spin in the near future... I have a G27 wheel/pedals/shifter arriving before next weekend.. =D (Though shift is lower down on that list... oddly I'll probably try it with TDU2 first, over my sim-sim racers... F1 2012 should be interesting too.) (Also my old keyboard died, and until I find a replacement as responsive and that meets my needs, it's strictly controller games atm.)

I don't know - I liked NFS: Shift 1, for the short time I played it. Don't know why I never went back - probably bought newer games and other games got in the way.

Oh, BTW - have you played NFS: Most Wanted (2012) yet...?

*Impression is tied to price/what you paid. I thought Bulletstorm was a brilliant and racious 4 hour romp; well worth the $5 I paid for it. If I paid even $20 I would have been a bit disappointed. More typically after finishing a game, I'll feel it was worth a good bit more than what my cheapass paid for it.

I thought Bulletstorm was awesome. I wish they (People Can Fly) would do a damn sequel...

#4856 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   4803 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

I thought Bulletstorm was awesome. I wish they (People Can Fly) would do a damn sequel...

Probably not going to happen.

http://www.gamespot....-sequel-6370603

"We thought a lot about a sequel, and had done some initial development on it, but we found a project that we thought was a better fit for People Can Fly,"

And of course Mike Capps had to roll out the tired old PC Piracy argument. It couldn't be that it wasn't a great PC port could it? Oh wait...

"We made a PC version of Bulletstorm, and it didn't do very well on PC and I think a lot of that was due to piracy. It wasn't the best PC port ever, sure, but also piracy was a pretty big problem."

76561197971332172.png

#4857 Flowette   Level 82 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   1789 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Since we've raised the topic of piracy...

http://www.telegraph...-cutlasses.html

#4858 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't People Can Fly taken over on Gears of War development? Bulletstorm always looked pretty fun to me, but I haven't gotten a chance to pick it up yet. Any chance you it could drop below $5 for the summer sale?

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4859 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16952 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't People Can Fly taken over on Gears of War development?

Yes.
There was going to be a Bulletstorm 2, but PCF went onto GOW.
Eventually, PCF's founder left PCF.

Bulletstorm always looked pretty fun to me, but I haven't gotten a chance to pick it up yet. Any chance you it could drop below $5 for the summer sale?

I don't know. {shrug}

EDIT:

Probably not going to happen.

http://www.gamespot....-sequel-6370603

And of course Mike Capps had to roll out the tired old PC Piracy argument. It couldn't be that it wasn't a great PC port could it? Oh wait...

Yeah, I doubt we'll see a Bulletstorm 2, anytime soon.

Honestly - on the piracy topic - yes, I think piracy is a major problem. If a game gets downloaded and pirated like crazy and they don't go buy the game and the game doesn't do big sales numbers, there's a problem here.
AND of course, so-called "basic PC ports" are problems, too - PC gamers don't want "basic" or "lazy" PC ports.
Throw both of these together - well, then you got already a lethal mix of problems here.
I didn't even factor into this that there's also console versions of this game, as well - that'll lower PC version sales (obviously).
I didn't even factor the whole G4WL DRM in the PC version, either - and PC gamers don't like G4WL.
Factor all that in, too - recipe for "Not-so-hot" sales.

Of course, we've also seen a trend where companies are just also spending probably TOO much on developing and marketing games - when companies do big sales numbers and it ain't enough to make a profit. I'm looking at what EA said about Dead Space 3's sales failing; & Square Enix calling TR 2013, Hitman: Ab, and Sleeping Dogs a sales failure.

Edited by MysterD, 12 May 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#4860 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

I don't know. {shrug}

so I'm starting to get the feeling no one is really excited for the Steam Summer sale. Bad deals got you down?

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?