Radiant Historia (NDS)-$39.99+Shipping @ Amazon by Play Canada

Biskmatar100

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CVWETI/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I was mildly surprised a blind search turned this up. The game is normally floating around $59.99 since it was out-of-print. I haven't played the game yet, and I can't order it due to splurging so much on a Vita, but I hope a couple of CAGs can get in on this!

P.S. I apologize if the format is wrong. This is my first time actually posting a find.

when play canada have something for sale which is cheaper than their other retailers, that means there's a reprint coming out

Geez I saw this earlier and thought it was a pretty high price. Cant believe i got mine for 16 off Amazon. Damn

@TommyLove: So it seems. Was eyeing Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Souless Army and once the announcement for the reprint game, the game's price stabalized at $30 for now.

@havoksend: That sucks. D: Well, if you enjoy the game thouroughly, then your purchase is still justified? ^_^" I can't see myself spending over $40 for a Nintendo DS game.

[quote name='Abeja']Geez I saw this earlier and thought it was a pretty high price. Cant believe i got mine for 16 off Amazon. Damn[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for $16 plus it wasn't that long ago. I remember when some CAGs were waiting for it to drop one more $1 then it shot back up $29.99. I can't help but get a laugh at that.

...yes...yes...YES YESY EYSEYSEYSYEYSYESYES

I literally almost dropped $80 for this, and while it probably won't be the copy with the CD, I'm happy it's getting reprinted. Hopefully at a lower price though. Thanks OP!

[quote name='TommyLove']when play canada have something for sale which is cheaper than their other retailers, that means there's a reprint coming out[/QUOTE]

QFT. PC will never and I mean never sell any game for a penny under the going rate.

[quote name='Bumslie']I picked it up for $16 plus it wasn't that long ago. I remember when some CAGs were waiting for it to drop one more $1 then it shot back up $29.99. I can't help but get a laugh at that.[/QUOTE]
I was one of those suckers. This time it will never happen again.

[quote name='Bumslie']I picked it up for $16 plus it wasn't that long ago. I remember when some CAGs were waiting for it to drop one more $1 then it shot back up $29.99. I can't help but get a laugh at that.[/QUOTE]

Now that I got alittle money in my pocket, I just buy first now and ask questions later. I knew at the time it might be rare. I even got it at 22.XX and watched it drop to 16.XX. I was mad i missed out on 6 bucks if i waited a day, but thankfully Amazon refunded the difference and I didnt press my luck waiting for it to drop lower.

Yeah its a very fun game. Ill probably hold on to it for awhile. I did get stuck though and might have to read where to go next lol.

:applause:Never get how 1 measly dollar stops people from getting something they want.

[quote name='TommyLove']when play canada have something for sale which is cheaper than their other retailers, that means there's a reprint coming out[/QUOTE]

This is precisely true. PlayCanada is very smart about his pricing model.

I didn't want to chance missing out on a reprint. Never know how widely available these will be, so I jumped on this one. Better to pay a few extra bucks for the security of getting a copy, while not getting fleeced on the prices being offered on the secondary market for first run copies. Thanks OP.

[quote name='granturismo']:applause:Never get how 1 measly dollar stops people from getting something they want.[/QUOTE]
+1, it amazes me how many people pass a deal just because of a dollar.

Awesome! Thanks TC! I just bought a 3DS last month and I never had a regular DS to begin with. I had been eyeing this game since I got it and didn't want to pay the $50+ that it was going for. At the normal MSRP, I'll gladly grab this copy, even though I really shouldn't be buying another new game.

Edit: Wow, 1 hour later and already shipped. Niiiice. Although the estimated delivery date spans 7 days, hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='granturismo']:applause:Never get how 1 measly dollar stops people from getting something they want.[/QUOTE]

Had this been a must own OMG I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!!!! collectors item (like Hyrule Historia or Fire Emblem or Xenoblade Chronicles or Metroid Prime Trilogy) then $1 wouldnt have mattered. But IMO Radient Historia is not a must own game. So I set a price I am willing to pay ($15) and stick with it. And while I probably would have pulled the trigger at $16 had I known the price would have gone back up (and seen the sale in time), I dont think it is a big deal that I missed it. This just isnt that special of a game (to me anyways)
[quote name='ARsignal11']Awesome! Thanks TC! I just bought a 3DS last month and I never had a regular DS to begin with. I had been eyeing this game since I got it and didn't want to pay the $50+ that it was going for. At the normal MSRP, I'll gladly grab this copy, even though I really shouldn't be buying another new game.[/QUOTE]

IIRC normal MSRP for this game was $29.99.

are this even legit? from my experience on ebay alot of out of print movies & games from Canadian sellers tend to be bootlegs

[quote name='NeoStrider']are this even legit? from my experience on ebay alot of out of print movies & games from Canadian sellers tend to be bootlegs[/QUOTE]

Its through Amazon so it should be legit. I bought some suspicious stuff from Amazon before (like $2 for a bundle of Seinfeld posters or $0.01 for HDMI cables) and even the fishiest stuff turned out to be legit, the only exception ever being a phone .harger/USB cable that didnt work. The OP didnt mention what shipping is though and a lot of times when you see deals that seen to good to be true it is usually cause shipping is insanely high.

Ebay on the other hand, avoid it whenever possible. I dont see how it gets so much use, I have met assholes before who's primary source of income is scamming people on Ebay, I just dont get why people keep using it.

[quote name='NeoStrider']are this even legit? from my experience on ebay alot of out of print movies & games from Canadian sellers tend to be bootlegs[/QUOTE]

They are legit but as someone said, when PlayCanada sells a rare game cheaper than the rest, there is a very good if not a definite that a reprint is happening.

[quote name='rcerboss']
IIRC normal MSRP for this game was $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. Considering a reprint may be on the horizon as some people have stated, maybe I jumped the gun a bit quickly? Oh well.

[quote name='Bumslie']+1, it amazes me how many people pass a deal just because of a dollar.[/QUOTE]

What about $2?

I was fortunate and jumped when it was $16.xx. Still sitting in backlog, though. For all we know this could now work its way down to a $10 game and all the people that passed at $16 will have the last laugh!

Most likely. I'm guessing more copies will start popping up at $30 or less.

[quote name='rcerboss']Had this been a must own OMG I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!!!! collectors item (like Hyrule Historia or Fire Emblem or Xenoblade Chronicles or Metroid Prime Trilogy) then $1 wouldnt have mattered. But IMO Radient Historia is not a must own game. So I set a price I am willing to pay ($15) and stick with it. And while I probably would have pulled the trigger at $16 had I known the price would have gone back up (and seen the sale in time), I dont think it is a big deal that I missed it. This just isnt that special of a game (to me anyways)

IIRC normal MSRP for this game was $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I take it you haven't played Radiant Historia. It's honestly one of the best true JRPGs of the last decade. History has shown that this game retains it's value - it has been reprinted three times in the past. Once this new batch sells out, it will skyrocket again. You really should make this game a priority. It's fantastic in every way.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I thought this was the reprint. It dropped to $30 months ago[/QUOTE]

It has had three reprints thus far and they've all sold out. This would be the fourth.

[quote name='Doomstink']It has had three reprints thus far and they've all sold out. This would be the fourth.[/QUOTE]

thing that i find odd, is why is their reprints why not just keep selling the game as it sell out.

if it money issues they should hold petitions on their site every month when game goes out of print, which too bring back for short time if thier enough demand. verus trying find a used copy someone else now making a profit on it

I bought this game used (perfect shape) for $50 about a month ago and just beat it last week. Very good game and was quite nostalgic if you're a fan of a lot of classic RPG's.. I do wish I would have known it was getting reprinted but oh well, worth what I paid for.

I really wish Nintendo would release more stuff in the eShop though..

I got "fooled" on the Devil Summoner 1 reprint before I realized it was PlayCanada from the whole Ni no Kuni debacle, but "fool me once..." It was only $10 more, but even so, I won't do business with PlayCanada anymore. I don't like their business practices or just how much of an impact they can have on the reseller market given their purchasing power.

Really?! I've purchased from plenty of Canadian sellers/resellers and never had a problem. Usually the games just come packed with an extra manual in French, or sometimes an alternate English/French cover art (as is the case with some Xbox Platinum games in Canada), similar to how some UK/PAL games have "extra" manuals packed in for France/Spain/Germany etc. But though I've encountered bootlegs in the reseller market before, I've never found one from Canada... yet. I HAVE noticed a LOT more game resellers from Canada on eBay and the Amazon Marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='moothemagiccow']Or allow pre-orders. Or put it in the eshop.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering that too. Atlus has made titles available digitally on PSN and Steam, and given how many times this game sells out, this seems like a natural answer for the eShop.

[quote name='jimmywolf13']thing that i find odd, is why is their reprints why not just keep selling the game as it sell out.

if it money issues they should hold petitions on their site every month when game goes out of print, which too bring back for short time if thier enough demand. verus trying find a used copy someone else now making a profit on it[/QUOTE]
Who knows how much backup there is at the printing facility, could be once the stock runs out it takes that long to get scheduled for another order. Isn't Nintendo the company that makes them print games at their facility, or am I thinking of a previous generation of console?

spent $85 on a first print just last week. part of me regrets it, the other part of me is stoked to have the first print in all its boxy, soundtracky goodness

[quote name='Biskmatar100']http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CVWETI/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I was mildly surprised a blind search turned this up. The game is normally floating around $59.99 since it was out-of-print. I haven't played the game yet, and I can't order it due to splurging so much on a Vita, but I hope a couple of CAGs can get in on this!

P.S. I apologize if the format is wrong. This is my first time actually posting a find.[/QUOTE]

Good find bro

[quote name='Vinny']I'm wondering that too. Atlus has made titles available digitally on PSN and Steam, and given how many times this game sells out, this seems like a natural answer for the eShop.[/QUOTE]

Blame Nintendos Draconian policies. They have refused to allow 3rd parties to put SNES/GBA/DS/ect ports on their eshop in multiple instances. I know they want to get their 1st party offerings on first, as fans have proven more than willing to bend over and rebuy the same VC games again and again, but why they are taking so long is beyond me.

I can guarantee that the only way this game will be on the eshop anytime soon (if at all this gen) is if Atlus remakes it and sells it for 3DS (like Cave Story 3D or Monster Hunter 3). You would have a better chance of a reprint or even a Vita port than Nintendo allowing Atlus to put this on their eshop.

bread's done
Back