DJ Max Technika Tune (Vita) US Version $41.90 + free shipping @ playasia

I've been waiting for a better price on this but I spent so much lately. If it's still there Wednesday I'll get it.

How is this game compared to the DJ Technika 3 arcade. Its it the same gameplay wise or different? If I buy this I guess I'm not playing at the arcade 42 times, since its $1 per play here.

Amazing game. I haven't played any of the other DJ Technika games, but this one is tons of fun and makes great use of both touchscreens. ^_^

If you really like the Project diva games, will you likely enjoy this game as well? (this has a different presentation, all touchscreen controls, and I don't listen to K-pop music)

[quote name='person123']How is this game compared to the DJ Technika 3 arcade. Its it the same gameplay wise or different? If I buy this I guess I'm not playing at the arcade 42 times, since its $1 per play here.[/QUOTE]

I played a good amount of the game to say it does have a similar gameplay to the arcade but on a smaller screen. Some charts in the game are different from their arcade counterparts and also there are newer songs found in Tune if you are used to playing all the extensive song collection in T3. I used to play extensively starting on T2 to the first 6 months after T3 launched and traveling to the arcade was kind of catching up on me. Having a portable version of the game is pretty awesome :) I recommend it.

For what it's worth...I don't have a Vita right now but I do own this game and have played it quite a lot. It's an absolute blast.

Well I ordered a copy since I like rhythm games :D. The music sounds great reminds me of bemani music. I've never played a DJ Max game. I just had one question, do the songs have different difficulty settings that you can switch to like in bemani games like in beatmania where upping the difficulty means more chaos :p.

If you buy this on the PSN store with other stuff making your total purchase over $50, you'll get $10 back in April. So if my math serves me well (which it may not): the game would end up being $36 after the $10 back.

I'd prefer the physical game due to the size (3.6 gb I think) and ability to recoup some money reselling it down the road. But it may be beneficial to others.

[quote name='Heavenlywind']Well I ordered a copy since I like rhythm games :D. The music sounds great reminds me of bemani music. I've never played a DJ Max game. I just had one question, do the songs have different difficulty settings that you can switch to like in bemani games like in beatmania where upping the difficulty means more chaos :p.[/QUOTE]

The game does have different difficulties for each song. Easiest to hardest would be Star, Pop, Club mixing which you can play and unlock to use in Free Style at any time. There are EX charts of few songs which are even more difficult than Club difficulty songs which you can only play on certain sets on Club mixing only from what I know. You can get also get new songs by just leveling up too and also note skins, dj icons which is pretty nice :)

[quote name='person123']How is this game compared to the DJ Technika 3 arcade. Its it the same gameplay wise or different? If I buy this I guess I'm not playing at the arcade 42 times, since its $1 per play here.[/QUOTE]

I would consider it Technika Light. It's not as complex as the arcade as far as charting goes, but to learn the basics or get some DJMT on the go, it does the job pretty well. After mastering the game, you might want more difficulty out of it, which in my opinion, maxes out to the difficulty equivalent of a song rated 6 in the arcade. But it is still fun nonetheless. Gameplay will match the arcade if you turn off the rear touch pad.

[quote name='Kstyle']might buy it ..
41 still seems bit high for me
brand new soul sacrifice from newegg is 29.99 :

[quote name='atreyu25']I would consider it Technika Light. It's not as complex as the arcade as far as charting goes, but to learn the basics or get some DJMT on the go, it does the job pretty well. After mastering the game, you might want more difficulty out of it, which in my opinion, maxes out to the difficulty equivalent of a song rated 6 in the arcade. But it is still fun nonetheless. Gameplay will match the arcade if you turn off the rear touch pad.[/QUOTE]

I guess the biggest thing separating it from the arcade version is that the vita version has all of the notes condensed/rewritten to work on three track lines versus four for the arcade version.

[quote name='Byakurai']I guess the biggest thing separating it from the arcade version is that the vita version has all of the notes condensed/rewritten to work on three track lines versus four for the arcade version.[/QUOTE]

True, but this doesnt hurt the gameplay imo

bread's done
Back