Persona 4 Game with OST New ($19.90) Play Asia

Emoney244

CAGiversary!
Feedback
78 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheThoughtlessOne']The market was flooded by the reprint, now I can't sell my copy to buy this one.[/QUOTE]

Is there something better about this one?

I would just like to point out that the soundtrack disc included contains half of the soundtrack. The other half was part of Amazon's "Social Link" merchandise bundle. I imagine that the only way to get that second half now is on the secondary market.

I was looking at this yesterday, im a huge person fan but decided not to get the game since i already own the ps2 and vita version. on top of that i own the official persona 4 works so i would just be wasting money.

[quote name='Optical']I gotta love how Gamestop sells this used for $40.[/QUOTE]

Oh, really? Can you show me that they charge $40 for it please?

[quote name='Vulgarism']Thank you. $26.99 if you have the card, and you can use credit.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the Gamestop exclusive stickers odd smell and mysterious gunk that come standard on every Gamestop used title.

We don't need to turn this into a let's-bash-Gamestop thread. Focus on the deal at hand, which is pretty good if you don't have Persona 4.

[quote name='Shimisi']Not to mention the Gamestop exclusive stickers odd smell and mysterious gunk that come standard on every Gamestop used title.[/QUOTE]

i think the semen stains and cigar burns add resale value

the Vita I got from AWD had black ops, traded it in and with a coupon got P4G for 9.68....I've never played a Persona game before, so it was a blind buy for me. Is it as good as people say?

[quote name='11440']I would just like to point out that the soundtrack disc included contains half of the soundtrack. The other half was part of Amazon's "Social Link" merchandise bundle. I imagine that the only way to get that second half now is on the secondary market.[/QUOTE]

I have this if anyone is looking for it;)

[quote name='plus1zero']the Vita I got from AWD had black ops, traded it in and with a coupon got P4G for 9.68....I've never played a Persona game before, so it was a blind buy for me. Is it as good as people say?[/QUOTE]

YES. I hadn't played a Persona game before, nor had I played any heavy RPGs (turn-based or otherwise) and I am absolutely loving it.

And because of it I have already purchased Shin Megami Tensei's Nocturne for the PS2. And I am now tempted to snag that P3FES deal at Play-Asia. But man alive, I have spent quite a bit of money lately... I'll probably cave and get it. FES isn't available on PSN/Vita, to my knowledge.

[quote name='moveonjenkins']I'll probably cave and get it. FES isn't available on PSN/Vita, to my knowledge.[/QUOTE]
It's $10 on PSN.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Thank you. $26.99 if you have the card, and you can use credit.[/QUOTE]

Actually, $30 - 10% PUR and B2G1F. So, for instance, P4 and P3PES together cost... $40.

So it's the same, except Gamestop has "convieniently" already opened it for you. ;P

[quote name='Lemstar']It's $10 on PSN.[/QUOTE]

It is, but there's a lot of graphical errors and save game deletions on the PSN release, probably not worth it yet imo.

[quote name='Neg']It is, but there's a lot of graphical errors and save game deletions on the PSN release, probably not worth it yet imo.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it already fixed? or most of it?
I do remember having my save game deleted :(
You will be safe as long as you have 2 saves in the game.

Its worth noting that the actual cost of P4 is about $28. I love how people conveniently forget the shipping charge when making a thread. It's nearly a third of the total cost, no reason to pretend it doesn't exist.

Wait, how do I know I'll actually get the artbook? According to the description it was supposed to be for preorders only. Is this leftover inventory or is playasia just lazy with updating product descriptions?

[quote name='b3b0p']^^^ To the poster that bought Nocturne, no near as good as Persona. In fact, my opinion: It sucked.[/QUOTE]

They aren't really similar at all. I love both but Nocturnes combat is on another level. It's quite a bit deeper than Persona.

It's definitely not for the unseasoned, but its an amazing game. Also, you have to beat it once to unlock this but you can play it in first person in dungeons, like Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2, and the upcoming 4. I've yet to try it like that, but I adore that style.

[quote name='Neg']It is, but there's a lot of graphical errors and save game deletions on the PSN release, probably not worth it yet imo.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, I'm about 50 hrs into the PSN version of P3 FES and haven't run into a single noticeable glitch or bug. And according to this poster on GameFaqs the flickering problem has been fixed, but I personally can't vouch for that. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937269-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes/65473377

[quote name='domon']The artwook would be the visual data one, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if it was the UDON Persona 4 Design Works, this deal would be highway robbery

Tempted. I misplaced these bonus items that came with my P4 Amazon pre-order. Only other interesting item to get free shipping is RE6 for $19.90

[quote name='Emoney244']
EDIT:
Play Asia changed their listing it DOES NOT come with the artbook.[/QUOTE]
Not really a deal now.

Here's the email they sent me

This is an important update of the weekly special game 'Shin Megami Tense:
Persona 4 (PS2, US version)', #.

We have just been informed by our supplier that the game will not come with
any Artbook. It is the game and soundtrack only. We are sorry that when you
made the order, the product information was wrongly advertised and the
shipping cost was overestimated.

We have now updated the shipping cost in your order. If you are not using
free shipping and have paid by paypal, you can contact our customer service
team for refund of the overcharged shipping cost. If you are paid by credit
card, please be rest assured that we will charge the correct shipping cost
when the order is shipped out.

Due to the wrong product information was given, you may change your mind in
buying the game. If you want to change or cancel your order, please kindly
reply to this email before 18th March. Otherwise, your order will be
shipped accordingly when stock arrive.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Your Play-Asia Customer Support

[quote name='b3b0p']^^^ To the poster that bought Nocturne, no near as good as Persona. In fact, my opinion: It sucked.[/QUOTE]

Humor me with your reasoning please

bread's done
Back