Metal Gear HD Collection @ Newegg- $27.99 FS

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Is v.me a one time use code? Or can I use it on every order I make?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I do know they require you to type in your email before the code, it says some codes are limited use. But hey, this collection for $25 brand new? It's seems to be going rare, so if you haven't used the code yet and want this I'd say jump on it.

[quote name='redmangoose']Wow ps3 one isn't even in stock.[/QUOTE]

It may not be now, but it was at the time this was posted.

When this went on sale at Best Buy I visited four different stores that all had the Xbox-360 version. Sadly all I wanted was a PS3 version and I never saw one. I guess the demand is just greater for the PS3 version.

[quote name='Havokt']When this went on sale at Best Buy I visited four different stores that all had the Xbox-360 version. Sadly all I wanted was a PS3 version and I never saw one. I guess the demand is just greater for the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the :ps3: version has better controls because of the pressure-sensitive buttons that the :360: controller doesn't have.

[quote name='adimento1']is this actually a good deal? feels like a $20 price point for me[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how it's getting hard to find and is apparently out of print, I would say yes. Also, these are very good ports. They're not slopped together like some of the other collections.

Ridiculoulsy dumb question, but does the PS3 version also come with the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

[quote name='grundy']Ridiculoulsy dumb question, but does the PS3 version also come with the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2[/QUOTE]

Includes Metal Gear 2, 3, and Peace Walker. The original is available on the PS store, though. It should also be noted that 2 is the Substance verison, and 3 is the Subsistence version. Oh, and the MSX versions of the old Metal Gear 1 & 2 games are included with 3. So 5 games in all if you count those.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='grundy']Ridiculoulsy dumb question, but does the PS3 version also come with the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2[/QUOTE]

No MGS1, but yes for MGS2.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Includes Metal Gear 2, 3, and Peace Walker. The original is available on the PS store, though.[/QUOTE]

I think he means Metal Gear and not Metal Gear Solid. IIRC Metal Gear 1 & 2 are in included as bonuses within Metal Gear Solid 3's menu.

The original Metal Gear 1 and 2 ( on like the really old systems) is on the Metal Gear Solid 3 substance disc which is the version of Metal Gear Solid 3 in the HD collection. Metal Gear Solid (originally on Ps1) is not in this collection. It is available on PSN.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Includes Metal Gear 2, 3, and Peace Walker. The original is available on the PS store, though.[/QUOTE]

There's Metal Gear and there's Metal Gear Solid.

The original Metal Gear SOLID is on PSN and this HD collection has Metal Gear SOLID 2, Metal Gear SOLID 3, and MGS Peace Walker

Just wondering if it also included the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2?

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I think he means Metal Gear and not Metal Gear Solid. IIRC Metal Gear 1 & 2 are in included as bonuses within Metal Gear Solid 3's menu.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think you're right, that makes more sense. Hope some were able to get in on the :ps3: version before it went OOS again. $25 after the promo code was just the right price for me.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Anyone played MGS1 lately? Does it still hold up, or would I be better served just skipping it?[/QUOTE]

MGS1 is essential in story. Your better off playing MGS twin snakes(a GameCube remake is mgs1) but I know those are hard to come by, so I would recommend you watch youtube videos to understand the story unless your ok with the mgs1 graphics(which there is a nostalgia moment in mgs4)
P.s. metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 have characters that show up or are mentioned in mgs 1 fwi

[quote name='BryanDGAF']MGS1 is essential in story. Your better off playing MGS twin snakes(a GameCube remake is mgs1) but I know those are hard to come by, so I would recommend you watch youtube videos to understand the story unless your ok with the mgs1 graphics(which there is a nostalgia moment in mgs4)
P.s. metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 have characters that show up or are mentioned in mgs 1 fwi[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The only one I've ever played is MGS4 (I know, I know) and even though there was a good bit I didn't understand, it's still one of my all-time favorites. I guess I'll just youtube the first one. The only PS1 games I really enjoy going back to are RPGs.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Thanks. The only one I've ever played is MGS4 (I know, I know) and even though there was a good bit I didn't understand, it's still one of my all-time favorites. I guess I'll just youtube the first one. The only PS1 games I really enjoy going back to are RPGs.[/QUOTE]

It might not matter to you but I suggest if you want to watch a walkthrough of Metal Gear Solid to watch Xcalizorz. I don't usually watch Youtube walkthroughs but I found his very entertaining :p

[quote name='roedaniel19']Includes Metal Gear 2, 3, and Peace Walker. The original is available on the PS store, though. It should also be noted that 2 is the Substance verison, and 3 is the Subsistence version. Oh, and the MSX versions of the old Metal Gear 1 & 2 games are included with 3. So 5 games in all if you count those.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I have this collection but will probably never get to it because of absurdly huge backlog. But this sounds like a great collection if it has MGS2S and MGS3S. :)

[quote name='Deman93']It might not matter to you but I suggest if you want to watch a walkthrough of Metal Gear Solid to watch Xcalizorz. I don't usually watch Youtube walkthroughs but I found his very entertaining :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I ordered from Kmart for $29.99. Shipping was only $0.99 and it arrived in four days.
Too bad the case was empty when I opened it. Now I get to deal with customer service. *sigh*

[quote name='Kabapu']I ordered from Kmart for $29.99. Shipping was only $0.99 and it arrived in four days.
Too bad the case was empty when I opened it. Now I get to deal with customer service. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Ugh! Makes me feel better about paying $29.99 on Amazon (shipped by J&R) only to have the collection arrive with a $27.99 sticker on it!

[quote name='Kabapu']I ordered from Kmart for $29.99. Shipping was only $0.99 and it arrived in four days.
Too bad the case was empty when I opened it. Now I get to deal with customer service. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

You just freaked me out since I bought it from them too but didn't open it. So I checked it out and it was in the case.

My advice is get them while they last guys.

I would love to see a real complete collection including the original MGS. It could happen, but that's purely speculation. This is a great collection. One that will be, IMO, highly sought after in the years to come.

It was available from Amazon for 29.99 briefly. I bought around 12:15 Eastern. It was listed as in stock on March 21.

I have one set aside at Toysrus, probably going to get it today. I'll bring in my receipt next week and maybe adjust it for the buy 1 get 1 40% off sale they're going to have.

[quote name='Skerj']It's in stock right now at Newegg as of this post. I just ordered one.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

What makes you guys think that this will be 'rare'? I don't think it's feasible to think that this hd collection for ps3 will ever be totally sold out. Maybe years down the road but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. I remember some were saying that about catherine and some other games. Valkyria chronicles..mmm..Some others I can't recall.

I think it's a good price but to say that you won't be able to buy it new ever again is unlikely. I base this on nothing.

I own this and 3 looks wonderful on it as does peace walker. 2 has not really aged well. Kind of hard to play as opposed to 3 and peace walker.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']What makes you guys think that this will be 'rare'? I don't think it's feasible to think that this hd collection for ps3 will ever be totally sold out. Maybe years down the road but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. I remember some were saying that about catherine and some other games. Valkyria chronicles..mmm..Some others I can't recall.

I think it's a good price but to say that you won't be able to buy it new ever again is unlikely. I base this on nothing.

I own this and 3 looks wonderful on it as does peace walker. 2 has not really aged well. Kind of hard to play as opposed to 3 and peace walker.[/QUOTE]

I was probably the only person in the last two threads that kept saying this game isn't OOP and even if it was I said it would get reprinted or a GH version and that it wouldn't be rare.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']What makes you guys think that this will be 'rare'? I don't think it's feasible to think that this hd collection for ps3 will ever be totally sold out. Maybe years down the road but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. I remember some were saying that about catherine and some other games. Valkyria chronicles..mmm..Some others I can't recall.

I own this and 3 looks wonderful on it as does peace walker. 2 has not really aged well. Kind of hard to play as opposed to 3 and peace walker.[/QUOTE]
Well just vibes and experience. This will hold value and be rarer later. This gen will cause some games to spike this i bet will be one. It is harder to find ps3 one to..

[quote name='needler420']I was probably the only person in the last two threads that kept saying this game isn't OOP and even if it was I said it would get reprinted or a GH version and that it wouldn't be rare.[/QUOTE]
Doubt they will new gen stuff kills off the old gens feeding tubes. To close to new gens..

My order got canceled, they said it was out of stock after all. Or maybe I ordered too late and they didn't update the site in time.

bread's done
Back