- - - - -

GGT 225 doesn't want ActionKazimer to buy the WIIU he found on CraigsList

#31 dohdough   Sum Dum Guy CAGiversary!   6377 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

*sigh*
I feel like I need to make this disclaimer:

I'm not the kind of achievement whore that rented The Last Airbender to get 1000/1000 in 5 minutes. I will not play Hannah Montana's Magical Adventure for the platinum.

But if I decide to play a game, I usually *try* to get the trophies/achievements.
If I like a game (or if it's easy enough), I'll go for 100%.
If there's a challenging trophy/achievements in a game I love (see: MGR:R or Vanquish, currently), I'll work my ass off to get it.

But it's not all about the trophies/achievements.
I play Darkstalkers, for example, because it's fun. Will I try to get some of the trophies, sure.
Do I have the *need* to 100% it? No. Does that make me mad? Not really. (I saw some childish posting over on x360a where people were bitching about Darkstalkers, and fighters in general, having achievements for getting the trials/challenges done... throwing a fit because they couldn't get them and wouldn't be able to hit 100%... I found this sad. :|)

I feel the same about trophies. But if a game like MGS4 gets them patched in after I already did everything that would've given me a plat, I'm going to forget about it just like the times I got plats and lost a couple because I didn't update them before my multiple fatty PS3s died.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#32 lolwhat  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

this gen is coming to a close and i still can't relate to anyone who pursues trophies.

#33 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   16219 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Me neither.

They're just a ripoff of achievements.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

There are just so many un-Godzilla like things it should be easy to see why people didn't like it (also the annoying cast). Zilla being killed by missiles was the biggest thing that bothered me Godzilla is supposed to be far stronger than that. The army shouldn't be able to hurt Godzilla unless they are using something like MechaGodzilla or Moguera.

#34 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

For me just finishing a game is usually enough of an accomplishment, haha. :lol:

662978.pngTeddie_Swimsuit_Sig.jpg
sig.gif

#35 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   16219 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Leda is getting her new tattoo today.

Be Excitebike.

https://pbs.twimg.co...A-ZuE.jpg:large

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

There are just so many un-Godzilla like things it should be easy to see why people didn't like it (also the annoying cast). Zilla being killed by missiles was the biggest thing that bothered me Godzilla is supposed to be far stronger than that. The army shouldn't be able to hurt Godzilla unless they are using something like MechaGodzilla or Moguera.

#36 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17081 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Why would anyone buy a wiiu?

#37 mrspicytacoman   Apply Ubik only as directed CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

mrspicytacoman

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

trophies and achievements are the measuring stick
of any true gamer

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer

#38 The Crotch   I was famous and I was powerful. CAGiversary!   14411 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Leda is getting her new tattoo today.

Be Excitebike.

She's getting closer and closer to being a Planescape Torment character. Just needs to start working on the scars.

Posted Image

#39 snakemaster2389   Temporarily Banned Temporarily Banned Users   3437 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

snakemaster2389

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

DAVID BOWIE IS BACK BITCHES!!!

Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Yeah. I've looked at Frost's trophy list. Its not a bunch of shitty games that he has platinums for.

And he's right. UC2 is the worst of the three.

Thanks!

My point is more I can't count the number of times you've commented on the difficulty or more often the awfulness of a game due to acquiring some type of trophy in it; I'm not saying you farm stupidly easy games, but you certainly seem to play some fun games to the point of not enjoying them anymore. It's not like I'm saying that's a bad thing or anything but it isn't the standard viewpoint that a lot of gamers approach a game with. And dmaul is super casual, which also isn't a bad thing, but it gives him a very different viewpoint especially when it comes to game difficulty. It's just really funny watching someone who is extremely hardcore about getting trophies to the point of sometimes making games unfun, talking to a guy who plays games on the easiest settings without any care about trophies because that's how he has fun playing games.

I don't know that dmaul is "super" casual... I think he just finds things I would consider challenging to be frustrating and avoids it. I have some personality tic where when I set my mind on something, I'm going to get it done... so when I played the Uncharted games or the Call of Duty games on the hardest difficulty for that last trophy/achievement I was missing, I was going to keep trying until I got it done, no matter how frustrating a few parts of it were, because I will ultimately get satisfaction out of it.

And that's fine... the only reason I asked is cause I remember the end of Uncharted 2 having some balls to the wall fights (Fuck the boss battle on the train was bad too). And I did some speed runs to get rid of that game as fast as I could to get my money back on reselling it, so all the runs blurred together... still, I remember some damn room with a big open area and a tree and a river towards the end of Uncharted 2 that wasn't exactly easy on normal. :lol:

And yes... I have had achievements/trophies ruin some games. Like Shadows of the Damned. It was okay the first time through. I didn't mind it the second time through, but the game really showed it's flaws. By the third time through it was one of those "fuck, I already have the rest of the stuff, the completionist in me is going to be bothered if I don't finish it." and so I did. But now I really don't think Shadows of the Damned was a good game. :rofl:

I feel the same about trophies. But if a game like MGS4 gets them patched in after I already did everything that would've given me a plat, I'm going to forget about it just like the times I got plats and lost a couple because I didn't update them before my multiple fatty PS3s died.

I know someone who 100% burnout paradise before the patch... he didn't go back and play it again. I'm not sure I have either.

But as I only took 1 run through MGS4 and have been meaning to play it again? I might go for some trophies in that... plus they add variety or get you to do things you might not normally try for... and I like that. I mean, I got all of the skill points in Resistance and basically would've had a platinum in that game... so it's not just the actual trophy... I like working towards goals and stuff.

trophies and achievements are the measuring stick
of any true gamer

It has nothing to do with that, at least for me.
I don't care about comparing trophies or achievements.
I just like getting/collecting/earning them. So I do.

#41 hankmecrankme   Drunken Jesus CAGiversary!   17385 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

hankmecrankme

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

She's getting closer and closer to being a Planescape Torment character. Just needs to start working on the scars.

I'm sure she has plenty of emotional scars to make up for her lack of physical ones.

Used and abused.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#42 The Crotch   I was famous and I was powerful. CAGiversary!   14411 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

So she's more Annah of the Shadows than The Nameless One, I guess.

Posted Image

#43 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   13934 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

How have we gotten so many new people lately?

#44 mrspicytacoman   Apply Ubik only as directed CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

mrspicytacoman

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Those are my alternate accounts

sometimes late at night
I like to have conversations with myself in the ggt

#TrueGamer

#45 j-cart   PAPER TRAILS on a mountain CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

It's also double XP weekend in Planetside 2. And I'll probably watch some SC2 streams from MLG. Someone in that group has to be good at HotS.

But that is Planetside 2, this is lightsabers...

Can't wait for double XP SWTOR!! :bouncy:

Do it!!

this gen is coming to a close and i still can't relate to anyone who pursues trophies.

That is because they can't relate to you on why you like FF13.

They're just a ripoff of achievements.

That is like the truest statement you have ever written...

Because you touch yourself at night.

#46 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17081 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

GGT got new people but it lost uraizan. =[

#47 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5519 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Any of you guys going to Megacon by chance? RANDOM QUESTION.

#48 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5519 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

sometimes late at night
I like to have conversations with myself in the ggt

Go touch yourself.

*sigh*
I feel like I need to make this disclaimer:

I'm not the kind of achievement whore that rented The Last Airbender to get 1000/1000 in 5 minutes. I will not play Hannah Montana's Magical Adventure for the platinum.

But if I decide to play a game, I usually *try* to get the trophies/achievements.
If I like a game (or if it's easy enough), I'll go for 100%.
If there's a challenging trophy/achievements in a game I love (see: MGR:R or Vanquish, currently), I'll work my ass off to get it.

I'm the same way. I mean, I do have like 3 or so games on my achievement list that were clearly for whoring. My friends and I refuse to do Avatar or Hannah Montana though. They aren't even fun.

I feel like getting all the achievements is one of the best ways to know I've done everything there is to do in the game. Well, some at least. Final Fantasy XIII's achievement list is a great example of this. Some lists are pretty fun, too. Fighters do tend to have annoying lists that include challenge modes or whatever, but not playing the game because of that? That's ridiculous.

And he's right. UC2 is the worst of the three.

lolk.

#49 j-cart   PAPER TRAILS on a mountain CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

I will be going to AnimeExpo...

#50 mrspicytacoman   Apply Ubik only as directed CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

mrspicytacoman

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

why did I never get into star wars galaxies?
looks like it was a better game than TOR
guess I was too busy playing wow

#TrueGamer

#51 The Crotch   I was famous and I was powerful. CAGiversary!   14411 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

But that is Planetside 2, this is lightsabers...

Yes, and Planetside 2 lets me drive Starcraft-style siege tanks.

Posted Image

#52 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'm going to Fanime for sure, Anime Expo is really likely, but I think I'm going to end up skipping New York Comic Con this year, maybe next year I'll do that trip or maybe actually try for San Diego Comic Con. I kind of feel like NYCC would be too much for this year since I'm going to a wedding with my sister at a resort in Cancun (that will be my first trip to Mexico) this summer, which should still be a total blast, although I'm kind of worried it's going to be insanely hot and I'll have to lather up with sun screen the entire time, haha.

sig.gif

#53 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

That is because they can't relate to you on why you like FF13.

I don't know why he liked FF13. But I liked it too. Enough to spend 100+ hours and grinding those giant dinosaur bastards a bit to get the platinum.

I'm the same way. I mean, I do have like 3 or so games on my achievement list that were clearly for whoring. My friends and I refuse to do Avatar or Hannah Montana though. They aren't even fun.

I feel like getting all the achievements is one of the best ways to know I've done everything there is to do in the game. Well, some at least. Final Fantasy XIII's achievement list is a great example of this. Some lists are pretty fun, too. Fighters do tend to have annoying lists that include challenge modes or whatever, but not playing the game because of that? That's ridiculous.

Yeah, pretty much. It's funny, there are steam games I play but I'm not as focused on the achievements there (see: Hotline Miami, Super House of Dead Ninjas)... we'll see how that works when I transition to a gaming PC later this year.

I dunno, they add enjoyment for me. And that's what matters, I guess.

#54 hankmecrankme   Drunken Jesus CAGiversary!   17385 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

hankmecrankme

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm probably the only person on Earth that likes FF12 but dislikes FF13.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#55 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   6435 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hahhahahaha, holy shit. I go out for after-work drinks and come back to my own thread. Good call on waiting. I'ma chill until it inevitably gets cheaper. Thanks, bros.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 12-30-14. World's Greatest Dad    |      Trade List

My Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com...ctionKazimerArt

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

I work on Brawlhalla now. http://store.steampo...com/app/291550/

#56 Mana Knight   Madoka CAGiversary!   14398 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

nothing is on Wii U yet, right? you'll find a better deal on it later when there's actually a library for the thing.

Very disappointing right now (I even own one). I expect it to eventually be good though.
Posted Image

#57 BlueScrote   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4816 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BlueScrote

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Mixed impressions? It's the best 2D platformer since Super Mario World and SMB3, IMO. It's worth $20 easily. I've bought the game 3 4 times already. It's fucking good. GET IT.

Problem solved.

Thanks for the gift, Frosty. I'll be sure to share my impressions when I get back from vacation.

#58 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Very disappointing right now (I even own one). I expect it to eventually be good though.

If you haven't played Monster Hunter Tri and are willing to sink a bunch of time into a game (think I put about 180 hours into Tri on the Wii and I didn't finish the final monster of online mode, I was really close though) and have a friend or two to play with online the Monster Hunter on WiiU would be a good investment since you already have the console, but yeah outside of that there isn't much.

sig.gif

#59 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5519 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm going to Fanime for sure, Anime Expo is really likely, but I think I'm going to end up skipping New York Comic Con this year, maybe next year I'll do that trip or maybe actually try for San Diego Comic Con. I kind of feel like NYCC would be too much for this year since I'm going to a wedding with my sister at a resort in Cancun (that will be my first trip to Mexico) this summer, which should still be a total blast, although I'm kind of worried it's going to be insanely hot and I'll have to lather up with sun screen the entire time, haha.

I was thinking of going to Comic-Con next year as well. I'll have to see. The con I'm going to right now is sort of last minute honestly.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Cancun. Just don't get food poisoning!

If anyone is going to Blizzcon this year, I might be attending that. Should meet up and geek out over Blizz's new MMO. 8-)

I'm probably the only person on Earth that likes FF12 but dislikes FF13.

I actually liked FF12. The gambit system was well done and I love the 'MMO' like aspect of the game. Pamela <3. Healing and buffing all day, dawg.

#60 mrspicytacoman   Apply Ubik only as directed CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

mrspicytacoman

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

oh there is double exp in tor
i think im down to get back into this
just need to partition my hdd and install this shit

whats ur server jcart

#TrueGamer