Dragon Age : The World of Thedas Volume 1 (Signed)

I ordered one, especially since I got in on the first 500 with the signed art. I planned on getting this anyway and I kick myself for not getting the exclusive edition of the ME3 artbook, so I won't miss out this time.

Yes, $80 + shipping is pretty nuts, but I'm a big fan.

For that $80 I expected a more... regal cover. Flat black, really? It looks like a yearbook...

[quote name='Diad']For that $80 I expected a more... regal cover. Flat black, really? It looks like a yearbook...[/QUOTE]

Well they did a lot better job with this. The Mass Effect exclusive was just a simple clam shell and some comic book pages.

[quote name='Diad']For that $80 I expected a more... regal cover. Flat black, really? It looks like a yearbook...[/QUOTE]

Seriously? $80 is nothing for this, a very limited book with alternate cover, clamshell packaging, and signed artwork. The Zelda HH book was $70 with no special packaging, art, nor signature.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']I keep trying to place my order, but the checkout just hangs. I really hope I didn't miss out on this.[/QUOTE]

No issue on my end. What part of the checkout hangs?

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']I keep trying to place my order, but the checkout just hangs. I really hope I didn't miss out on this.[/QUOTE]
^ mine did too in internetexplorer, but paypal popped up in FireFox. try that and it should work

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']After I click SUBMIT ORDER the process hangs. Just tried it in Firefox and still nothing. Frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I'm having the same problem.

Well i ordered it and decided to go back and read the description some more the one i ordered says its signed butr it said this in the description of the book when i went back.

Note: Only the first 500 have been released, so if the item is sold out and you're reading this message, you still have a shot at this lovely book. We'll release the 1000 unsigned editions and remove this note soon.

[quote name='jeff1304']Well i ordered it and decided to go back and read the description some more the one i ordered says its signed butr it said this in the description of the book when i went back.

Note: Only the first 500 have been released, so if the item is sold out and you're reading this message, you still have a shot at this lovely book. We'll release the 1000 unsigned editions and remove this note soon.[/QUOTE]

It always said that. If your order confirmation says signed then you're good.

I almost bit, but I rarely look at all the artbooks I have. I will however, bite on that awesome poster of Mordin. Good find though OP, makes me want to replay the games.

The first 500 sold out already:
"Note: The 500 signed pieces have been claimed, but the book is still a hefty and impressive collectible without the little bit of extra ink on it...."
:twoguns:

I say this not to rub it in anyone's face that didn't get the signed copy, but I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. I think this is going to be a really nice piece for hardcore Dragon Age fans. Like the note on their page says, with or without the signature, it's still a beautiful book.

Just got my book. First off, packaging was perfect. Double bubblewrapped in a box with a little room to spare in case of a drop.

The clamshell is huge! I'd compare it to the size of the Titan exclusive slipboxes but 2x fatter.

Packaging was perfect. Double bubble wrapped, no chance of any damage unless a streamroller would run over it.

Few notes first:

• It was VERY hard to open. It felt as if the glue was pulling apart from the box itself.
  • My lithograph was damaged right out of the packaging. This happened by whoever handled the litho placing it in the portfolio.

Love the packaging and design. The portfolio even came bowtied. Unfortunately my litho is ruined and even if it is replaced, the portfolio will ruin the next one. In the last picture you'll see the flap on the lower left is not flush whereas the other corners are. Because of the placement (it's glued on), it warped the lithograph since it would not be laid flat.

imagefib.jpg

imagezwx.jpg

imagexwn.jpg

imageirg.jpg

//////////

Damaged litho:

imagetbe.jpg

imagemwsz.jpg

imagepofi.jpg

The 500 signed thing is to encourage early preorders . It's a gimmick they can use to be actuaries on further releases. They don't want the mentality of the DS3 CE where people think it won't go out of stock so why buy early..

[quote name='RainFall']The 500 signed thing is to encourage early preorders . It's a gimmick they can use to be actuaries on further releases. They don't want the mentality of the DS3 CE where people think it won't go out of stock so why buy early..[/QUOTE]
Nailed it!
It also serves the function of creating a desire to buy in consumers who had no desire or inclination to purchase beforehand. A marketing strategy that benefits the seller and usually (monaterily) harms the buyer: (perceived) scarcity.

[quote name='kobberbean']The regular version is just $26.76 shipped with prime... pretty good price for only 1000 unsigned hardback prints.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the regular version on Amazon is the "standard hardcover".

The 1000 "unsigned hardback prints" being sold on the Bioware site for $80 is for the exclusive clamshell hardcover.

I picked up the cheaper copy from Amazon. :D

bread's done
Back