Looking for a New Computer Chair

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
My current one is falling apart. I paid almost $200 for it, I take good care of it and I've only had it for 2 years. I would've thought it would've lasted longer than 2 years, but wtf do I know. Whenever I've lean back in it the past few days, it just kept going further back and wouldn't spring right back forward when I tried to get up. So I just now looked at the bottom of the chair and the metal connecting the chair to the stand is about 90% of the way ripped off...if that makes any sense. Anyway, I need a new chair and I'm not looking to pay too much for it, considering how long this expensive piece of shit lasted.

Anyone know of any good deals going on? Or anyone know of any long-lasting chairs?...goddamnit

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Wait for the Staples Anniversary sale.

May 8 to the 14th
Leather Manager Chair - $44.94[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could give a link, picture, or full item name, so i can see how it looks like? It sounds like a nice deal. What's the original price? Is it a nice chair?

I would recommend just going out and looking. When I needed a computer chair, I just checked the usual suspects (Office Max, Office Depot, Staples) and found a good chair with a big "50% off clearance" tag on it. I got a comfortable chair (nicer that my chair at work) for less than $100 and it has lasted three years so far with no problems. They always have something being clearanced and there is almost always a floor model so you can check it out first.

I don't know the exact model. I ripped that from fatwallet. It'll probably be pretty similar in style to this...

438030_01_enl.jpg

I have one from their sale two years ago and they are pretty comfy.

There was a thread about someone choosing a chair last week. I don't know where it went though. Anyway, I'm using the chair that is in the picture. It's good and comfortable (and it's about $40 or less at Office Max). So I would go with this one.

I was also looking for a good chair. I wanted one of those big bad comfy with arm rest chairs. Or I could just get a Lazy Boy recliner, but they have no wheels. :(

does that one at staples have arm rests? oh trust... u should try ikea.. they had a nice one there i saw a couple of days ago for 69.99 leather, but it looked similar to the one at staples... might wanna chec k it out

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I don't know the exact model. I ripped that from fatwallet. It'll probably be pretty similar in style to this...

438030_01_enl.jpg

I have one from their sale two years ago and they are pretty comfy.[/QUOTE]

The chair I picked up a year ago during CC's closeout sale on computer/office furnature is pretty much like this chair. I will admit that it was a slight pain to put together - a few screws didn't want to stay in at first until I really had to tighten them in more than I really wanted to. But once that was taken care of the chair has worked like a charm. Nice and comfy, its good enough for sitting in for your CAG sessions and beyond. Well worth the price. :D

I posted before and I'll post again, get a chair where the arm rests are connected to the back...that way the back doesn't tend to bend back over time (sorry 4 all the "backs").

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I don't know the exact model. I ripped that from fatwallet. It'll probably be pretty similar in style to this...

438030_01_enl.jpg

I have one from their sale two years ago and they are pretty comfy.[/QUOTE]
I bought this from Staples, it usually goes for around $40-ish... Its not the softest chair in the world, but its lasted a couple years without any problems. Its very good for my back, I like it a lot. I'd buy another one.

bread's done
Back