Metal Gear Rising Revengance $46.99 w/ FS

[quote name='CaoPi']when it's $20 maybe, at this price hardly a deal[/QUOTE]

Every $60 game is a deal when it's $20 -___-

[quote name='TaylorM06']Every $60 game is a deal when it's $20 -___-[/QUOTE]

Let me introduce you to some of my friends

811LApkJ80L._AA1500_.jpg

duke-nukem-forever-xbox-360-d-20120321173153623~6776479w.jpg

But that said I bought MGR the day it came out, so I am not saying it's not worth it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Let me introduce you to some of my friends

811LApkJ80L._AA1500_.jpg

But that said I bought MGR the day it came out, so I am not saying it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

LOL! I meant that as in every $60 game that is on sale for $20 is a deal price wise. Didn't mean that game quality wise.

If its not $40 off a $30 game. Then the deal posted isn't good enough.

P.S. I paid $45 for Brink >.< Luckily sold it on Craigslist for $40 shortly after!

[quote name='TaylorM06']LOL! I meant that as in every $60 game that is on sale for $20 is a deal price wise. Didn't mean that game quality wise.

If its not $40 off a $30 game. Then the deal posted isn't good enough.

P.S. I paid $45 for Brink >.< Luckily sold it on Craigslist for $40 shortly after![/QUOTE]

I got brink 4 free from BB. How i love those $5 certificates!! :bouncy::bouncy:

----

I'll get when it's $20 and below.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']I got brink 4 free from BB. How i love those $5 certificates!! :bouncy::bouncy:

----

I'll get when it's $20 and below.[/QUOTE]

Should have demanded your store credit back

[quote name='NoelVermillion']I got brink 4 free from BB. How i love those $5 certificates!! :bouncy::bouncy:

----

Still means you have to play it though.

Would Best Buy price match this considering I bought it before the change in policy to only match a different retailer at the time of purchase?

[quote name='Kaiser499']The game was fantastic, I'd recommend it at any price.[/QUOTE]
I fully agree! It was much better than I had expected, a complete blast to play!

----

You should get bouncy if they paid you to take the game. Then you should salvage the case and throw away the disc.

You could have use the $5 cert to get other items. Seriously, get a CD for the car or something, just not Brink.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Based on the really terrible TV ad.. I'll wait until Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDXRKibdsY

Lol it's pretty cheesy but it reminded me of the good ol' 90s commercials. I swear those were some memorable ads. Anyone remember the SSB for N64 one? ;)

[quote name='eXiON']Are you talking about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDXRKibdsY

Lol it's pretty cheesy but it reminded me of the good ol' 90s commercials. I swear those were some memorable ads. Anyone remember the SSB for N64 one? ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha! I loved the SSB for N64. I was like 8-10 (i dont remember the year it came out) and thought it was the coolest thing.

811LApkJ80L._AA1500_.jpg

But that said I bought MGR the day it came out, so I am not saying it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

lmao this post is so true ! people got these games from gamefly for free last year and still felt ripped off. i know i did

[quote name='nekobi']I fully agree! It was much better than I had expected, a complete blast to play![/QUOTE]
Add me to the list, one of the moat fun games I've played in a while. And one of platinum's finest. Best 720p games I've seen, looks better than most of the 1080 games.

[quote name='6er']Add me to the list, one of the moat fun games I've played in a while. And one of platinum's finest. Best 720p games I've seen, looks better than most of the 1080 games.[/QUOTE]

I'm not crazy about Ninja Gaiden/DMC kind of games, I really like the idea usually more than the actual games. But I loved Bayonetta, and the new DMC looks good also. But I think I'll like MGR because of how good Platinum did with Bayonetta.

Even though I would've rather had a new MGS game over a game like MGR, but it's better than nothing!

I've played the demo, and I guess I could get used to the camera. That was the only thing I didn't like about the game. I'll play it eventually. I was a huge fan of Bayonetta.

----

Dude, try not to use "4" in place of "for." I'm not criticizing your style for the heck of it, it's that your comment can be read as "Brink 4 free" (there's no sequels for that game). Also, you didn't get it for free, $5 BB cert can be used for something else, you just choose to spend it on Brink.

This reminds me that there's an Amazon $5 off MGR coupon, which expiring at the end of June, plenty of time for the game to drop further.

[quote name='Serpentor']Dude, try not to use "4" in place of "for." I'm not criticizing your style for the heck of it, it's that your comment can be read as "Brink 4 free" (there's no sequels for that game). Also, you didn't get it for free, $5 BB cert can be used for something else, you just choose to spend it on Brink.

This reminds me that there's an Amazon $5 off MGR coupon, which expiring at the end of June, plenty of time for the game to drop further.[/QUOTE]

Where's this coupon at? Can you provide a link?

[quote name='Kaiser499']The game was fantastic, I'd recommend it at any price.[/QUOTE]

Same, I really enjoyed it.

For those that have concerns about the camera, it was really only an issue for me in certain situtations when I was trying to be stealthy, or running away from the final boss.

811LApkJ80L._AA1500_.jpg

Please don't call these guys your friends--you're better than that!

[quote name='TaylorM06']Where's this coupon at? Can you provide a link?[/QUOTE]
It was an Amazon pre-order bonus from "eons" ago... I totally forgot about it...
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Thank you for purchasing "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" on Xbox 360 or PS3 until 6/30/2013.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Serpentor']It was an Amazon pre-order bonus from "eons" ago... I totally forgot about it...[/QUOTE]

Bah!

Lucky you, then!

The game is only 4-6 hours long, but like Vanquish, it is fat-free with basically no padded material, so you could easily play the campaign multiple times (they also offer some in-game incentives for the completionist types.) Still, if you are just interested in blowing through the campaign once, I suggest either renting or waiting for a large price drop.

I thought the gameplay itself was pretty fun: the camera is a bit sticky in place, but the parry system was interesting. Free-cutting is pretty much entirely a gimmick but it’s pretty fun to fool around with. The story is stupid nonsense… I know MGS isn’t exactly Shakespeare, but I was not happy that they made this a quasi-sequel to MGS4. It’s too violent and off-the-wall for MGS (Raiden can throw Metal Gear Rays!), and even though it has a mostly dark and serious story throughout, the final boss ends up being super goofy.

I'll echo the sentiment that this is a fantastic game that's great at any price. Day 1 purchase at $60 for me, not something I do often. NO REGRETS.

This game was totally worth $60. I can't believe all the people who said that this was a short game. It's not. It takes 8-9 hours depending on exploration and skill level, but the game was designed for multiple playthroughs. And there are VR mission fun to be had.

20-30 is my pricepoint. I'm sure the game is great, but I hear it's also pretty short (5-6 hrs) so 46 still seems high to me. Thanks though :)

I got it for $60 at best buy but it came with $20 in promo points. The code for the white armor DLC sold for $30 on ebay. I still have about 3 weeks to price adjust this, but I might just go ahead and submit this price.

[quote name='dohdough']The game is only 4-6 hours if you count the in-game timer. It's closer to 10 hours in ACTUAL time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everyone seems to forget this because game journalists/reviewers were talking out of their asses.

The game timer ONLY COUNTS BATTLE TIMES. All other platforming or exploration is not counted, so everyone thought they were finishing the game in 4 hours.

Rising is 100% worth 60 dollars and is the best pure single player experience I've had in years. I honestly haven't been as impressed with a new series this much since Devil May Cry 1 12 years ago. I strongly recommend anyone with action game experience to play it on Hard to start since it's pretty forgiving.

The game actually takes around 10-11 hours (I clocked mine through Raptr) real world time on Hard first run through if you are thorough. That completion time for me only includes trying 1 of the 20 VR missions packed in. There is zero fluff in the game too, even compared to some of my favorites in the genre, which makes it very replayable.

This is also the only sale I've seen since Fry's 49.99 at launch a month ago, definitely worth getting.

[quote name='dohdough']The game is only 4-6 hours if you count the in-game timer. It's closer to 10 hours in ACTUAL time.[/QUOTE]
Yep and I've been listening to the codec calls, so I'm well past 10, with zero VR mission time yet

[quote name='6er']Yep and I've been listening to the codec calls, so I'm well past 10, with zero VR mission time yet[/QUOTE]
Codec calls are easily 5 hours if you don't speed-read them and I think the cutscenes are like 2.5 hours. Codecs are actually important because half the story is in it too.

A surprisingly fun hack and slash. Definitely up there with DmC in quality even if the two are quite different stylistically and design-wise.

It's short and feels rushed as hell at times. The game never gets really hard and there's a bit too much stick wiggling. Still, a dang fun game.

NG3 RE looks like it is gonna take back the NG crown though.

[quote name='telemundus']Rising is 100% worth 60 dollars and is the best pure single player experience I've had in years.[/QUOTE]

I know they're different breeds of games. But I was really impressed with Dishonored. Very good SP game if you haven't played it, also really enjoyed Tomb Raider's campaign.

This is seriously a great deal. Don't let the concerns about game length fool you. The game far exceeded my expectations, and I couldn't wait to get back to it until I got all the Achievements.

It's just damn fun.

[quote name='dohdough']For those that pick it up, VR Missions DLC on PSN is free for 2 more weeks.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. Anyone know which version is better (360 or PS3)? Or if there's even a difference preformance wise?

[quote name='TaylorM06']Hmmmm. Anyone know which version is better (360 or PS3)? Or if there's even a difference preformance wise?[/QUOTE]

PS3 is better graphically and probably a bit smoother. 360 version doesn't get the extra VR Missions though.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Hmmmm. Anyone know which version is better (360 or PS3)? Or if there's even a difference preformance wise?[/QUOTE]

Differences are pretty negligble.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-metal-gear-rising-face-off

"In the final call, both versions of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance are well worth considering, with each fronting unique advantages. Call it a tie overall: the performance nod goes to the 360 rendition of the game, often running with a 10FPS lead, while image quality purists are strongly advised to seek out the crisper PS3 version."

The PS3 does get those free VR Missions, however. The 360 does not.

The VR missions in the main game are largely poor. So unless the DLC VR missions have a boss rush, you probably aren't missing a lot.

ok, as much fun as the game look, it's also single player so you arent really missing anything if you wait, especially if you have a mountain of games for ur backlog

also amazon is not so keen on pricematching so when this hits $40 -$30 in the next 3 weeks and you still havent opened ur copy well...

bread's done
Back